PDA

View Full Version : anyone added a backup carmera?

supercuts
12-08-2011, 12:13 PM
anyone ever added one? I got a price of $700 to install a backup camera on my new truck. im mostly interested in it for backing while plowing, but also for hooking up the trailers. i think each truck has a ding in the bumper from hitting the trailer.

anyone with any info on how much their was and what type would be appreciated.

thanks

NEUSWEDE
12-08-2011, 07:22 PM
I have a camera system in both of my dumps. I paid $200 from rear view safety and installed myself, very easy. I made a viedo last winter of the benefits

http://youtu.be/BTyJjzDEgeA

GravelyGuy
12-08-2011, 08:06 PM
You should have tryed to find a truck from the factory with it. My 11 Ford cost <$500 from the factory. They are awesome for hooking up trailers. Saves a lot of time.

CALandscapes
12-08-2011, 08:14 PM
We installed them on several of our larger trucks for around $200/ each. They occasionally don't work, but have been great otherwise. One also came on my personal truck from the factory; I'm glad that it did...

-Chase

mbigred
12-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Ive got one on my 04 f-250 it looks at the trl ball cost less than $100.00

supercuts
12-08-2011, 09:13 PM
You should have tryed to find a truck from the factory with it. My 11 Ford cost <$500 from the factory. They are awesome for hooking up trailers. Saves a lot of time.

when you pick a truck with every option you want you'll never find it, you have to order it. it was hard enough to find a ram 3500 SRW crew cab, white...etc etc...add a camera, never happen nor do you get the deal you get when it comes off the lot from the dealer your buying it from. it would cost more to ship a truck than to pay the $700 to have one installed

Capemay Eagle
12-09-2011, 06:37 PM
You should have tryed to find a truck from the factory with it. My 11 Ford cost <$500 from the factory. They are awesome for hooking up trailers. Saves a lot of time. Same here, I have the Sony Nav back up cam and I love it. Great for hooking up trailers and also for backing up out of busy convenience store parking lots. Comes in handy for parallel parking! Works well in the dark!

PLS-Tx
12-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Same here, I have the Sony Nav back up cam and I love it. Great for hooking up trailers and also for backing up out of busy convenience store parking lots. Comes in handy for parallel parking! Works well in the dark!

What did it cost?

GreenI.A.
12-10-2011, 01:05 AM
I have one on all the trucks. Talk to your insurance agents, I get a small discount for each one along with the back up alarms and reverse strobes

B-2 Lawncare
12-10-2011, 01:10 AM
I would like to add one to my 3320 I have a sand spreader on the back, and there is a big blind spot. would this help with blind spot? My thought is to put it on the back of the spreader so I can see, I will be using this in the early am will it work?

Oakleaf landscape
12-12-2011, 12:44 AM
I have one. It wasen't $700 though. And yes I had it put on aftermarket. I think it was around $300 installed. Has it own color screen mounted in the top left corner of the windshield.

7.3 Rocket
12-19-2011, 02:46 PM
You could do a head unit and backup camera for less than $700. Ebay has cheap (money wise not quality wise) backup cameras that will play and play with a lot of different head units.

I've seen them mounted on the tailgate handle opposite the lock cylinder and they blend in quite well.

supercuts
12-19-2011, 06:00 PM
i gave up decided it isnt going to work enough for plowing. the $700 carmera was teh review type, display popped on the on the rearview mirror when teh truck went into reverse. the price reflected a moderate brand/type and included install and was not the $199 ebay special.

meets1
12-19-2011, 06:50 PM
I have looked at one for our skid. SNow rremoval, ppl standing where they shouldn't be, etc. Our farm Imp stores have them for around $200 - $300 dollars. I know a guy got one out of sams and mounted on his grain cart from the tractor - dust, moisture, etc - 2nd yr working for him and he loves it. He said it cost around $150 - not sure brand though. Interesting if you get a little break from the insurance.