PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Blowers

Woodlawnllc
12-08-2011, 02:47 PM
I want to expand my lawn business. Looking into purchasing a mulch blower. want to blow mulch and compost. I feel that there is a market for one. One company in area already has one. Is it worth the investment? What do they cost? I've looked at used ones on internet but they scare me because I don't know the condition nor the product that has been through the machine. Any feedback is helpful. Thanks

jcollin
12-08-2011, 11:39 PM
IMO it is only worth it if you have enough accounts to support the machine. We had one at the last company i was but we did over 1000 yrds during the course of the year. I do have to say the way the jobs come out were far superior than doing it by hand. You can spread the mulch thinner and still make it look great. There isn't much maint. as far as the machine goes, at least with the Finn we had. The hardest part of having the machine is finding someone that can shovel the mulch into the hopper all day and show up the next morning. I'm not sure what size you r planning on getting but I asume it is the tow behind.