PDA

View Full Version : New to me mower

Turf Dawg
12-09-2011, 08:15 AM
I just bought a 36RH 2007 19hp electric start with only 98 hrs. My question is will a mulch kit for a 52" fit the 36? The person with the mulch kit said the 36 and 52 were the same, you just did not need the single baffel. Is this correct? Also is there a discharge cover that can be used without a mulch kit?

Thank you, Bill

WrightCommercial
12-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Bill,

While the 36" and 52" share common parts the mulch kit parts are unigue to each size. It might be possible to make it work with some modification for the mounting points and the left side of the 52" part is a little longer than the 36" part so it may need to be cut down.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Florida Gardener
12-09-2011, 10:12 AM
I think what he prob meant are the blades are interchangeable b/t the 2
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Dawg
12-09-2011, 10:51 AM
I think what he prob meant are the blades are interchangeable b/t the 2
Posted via Mobile Device

Wright Mfg had my question right and thank you for the quick response.
I knew on the blades the on difference between most all brands is that the 36 will take two blades and the 52 will take three.
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Dawg
12-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Is there a discharge cover available from Wright?

WrightCommercial
12-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Bill,

We offer a bolt on block off plate, part number 93460031, there are also operator controlled systems available thru the aftermarket.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Turf Dawg
12-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Bill,

We offer a bolt on block off plate, part number 93460031, there are also operator controlled systems available thru the aftermarket.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Thank you

I found the block off plate and the mulch kit numbers in the parts booklet I received with this mower. However, the number in my book is different than yours. The block off plate shows to be part number 93460024. I am not new to making mistakes, so I will look again to make sure what number I need before ordering.

This is my first stander and my First Wright mower and I am very impressed so far. I have heard that changing belts can be fun, but overall the mower seems to be built very well and handles great.

WrightCommercial
12-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Bill,

The 93460024 part was replaced by 93460031, both numbers will get you the same part. The hydro belt can be tricky, most think the clutch has to come off but that is not the case. When putting a new belt on loop the new belt over top the idler arm between the pivot tube and the idler pulley (tight clearence), slip the front section up and around the clutch then wrap the right side hydro pulley and then the left side hydro pulley. Two sets of hands help at the end since the idler will have to be compressed to wrap the last pulley which can be tough by yourself.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Turf Dawg
04-09-2012, 09:40 PM
I have a question about the mulch kit. I ordered the new number and recieved it but the bolts do not line up. The two center ones work but the far left one is about 1/4 hole off and the far right one [discharge side] is at least 3/4 hole off. Do I just need to drill these or are they suppost to line up? Also, the rear discharge has about a 2" gap between the deck and the mulch plate. The mower is a 36" RH 2007 [i beleive]

Florida Gardener
04-10-2012, 08:07 PM
I have a question about the mulch kit. I ordered the new number and recieved it but the bolts do not line up. The two center ones work but the far left one is about 1/4 hole off and the far right one [discharge side] is at least 3/4 hole off. Do I just need to drill these or are they suppost to line up? Also, the rear discharge has about a 2" gap between the deck and the mulch plate. The mower is a 36" RH 2007

Bill I had the same problem with the first kit I ordered for my 08" 36" FD. The bolt you speak of wouldn't line up at all. Wright sent me a new one and it worked. You still have to push that one hole to get it to work but it does work.
[i]Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Dawg
04-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Bill I had the same problem with the first kit I ordered for my 08" 36" FD. The bolt you speak of wouldn't line up at all. Wright sent me a new one and it worked. You still have to push that one hole to get it to work but it does work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Glad I saved the box. It is working with just the two center bolts but I would like one that bolts up easily and I could use all four bolts without needing to drill. Drilling new holes would be one thing but these would be elongated type holes.
Does yours cover the entire discharge opening? Mine has a pretty good gap at the rear where the mulch kit flares out. In the dry areas it blows crap out but in the junk and high moisture weeds it clogs up and quites blowing out. I wonder if the jig was set up wrong on some of them.

Florida Gardener
04-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Glad I saved the box. It is working with just the two center bolts but I would like one that bolts up easily and I could use all four bolts without needing to drill. Drilling new holes would be one thing but these would be elongated type holes.
Does yours cover the entire discharge opening? Mine has a pretty good gap at the rear where the mulch kit flares out. In the dry areas it blows crap out but in the junk and high moisture weeds it clogs up and quites blowing out. I wonder if the jig was set up wrong on some of them.
Yes, it does. I love wright, but I think the mulch kit wasn't designed best...I don't know why everything won't perfectly line up.
Posted via Mobile Device

WrightCommercial
04-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Turf Dawg,

Will check with the weld manager, most likely it was pulled from the jig to quick and as the metal cooled it pulled it out of shape. It is best to force the bolt holes to line up instead of drilling them out so there is no chance of blade interference. If there is no way to force it let us know and we will replace it.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Turf Dawg
04-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Turf Dawg,

Will check with the weld manager, most likely it was pulled from the jig to quick and as the metal cooled it pulled it out of shape. It is best to force the bolt holes to line up instead of drilling them out so there is no chance of blade interference. If there is no way to force it let us know and we will replace it.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Good morning,
The trim side could probably be pryed to line up. The discharge side is too far off. Also, is there supposed to be a gap large enough at the rear that you can put your fingers in [vertical] between the mulch plate and deck?

WrightCommercial
04-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Bill,

Can you snap pictures of the gap and the discharge side miss alignment, I want to show the weld manager these issues to make sure we don't have something else going on. If you can email them to chriss@wrightmfg.com. If not either way I will have them make a kit test fit it on a 36" deck and send it to you.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Florida Gardener
04-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Bill,

Can you snap pictures of the gap and the discharge side miss alignment, I want to show the weld manager these issues to make sure we don't have something else going on. If you can email them to chriss@wrightmfg.com. If not either way I will have them make a kit test fit it on a 36" deck and send it to you.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Aside from liking the Stander, this is why I will purchase Wright mowers in the future. Great customer service and response. Thanks for all you guys do, Chris and Jillian.
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Dawg
05-06-2012, 09:55 AM
I am so sorry for taking this long to get back with you, but it gets pretty crazy this time of year.
I installed the new baffle a couple of weeks ago and the holes lined right up and the large gap went away also.
I was just wondering what I need to do with the bad baffle? PM me if you need to.

Thank you, Bill

WrightCommercial
05-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Turf Dawg,

Glad to hear the second kit fit, found some issues with the tack welds on the mower deck baffles, the main welds were out of the way but the tack would sometimes be right where the mulch kit touched the baffle. And the kit is allowed to cool longer before being removed from the jig. No need to send the first kit back.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.