PDA

View Full Version : What to say on doorhangers

Matt's Mowing Service
12-09-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm getting ready to make some doorhangers to put out in the spring and I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on what to say on them. I've done doorhangers for the last 2 years but this year is different because I'm no longer just a high school kid trying to make some extra money. It's more serious now. I want to say I'm fully licensed and insured and I want to say something to get their attention. What might that be? Should I say something about good prices or is that just kind of stupid because everybody says that? What about putting any kind photo? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Byerley
12-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Make sure you have your Logo on it that is really the only picture I put on mine. I never put anything about my price on mine. I did one year and had no calls on any of those door hangers. I put basic serivces that I provide. I try to keep my flyers as clean as I can.

MarkintheGarden
12-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Keep it looking sharp and clean. It should have personality, but not be overcrowded. List the services you offer and do say "Licensed and Insured".

Office depot, office max and copy stores will do layout work cheap and work with you. It helps to get other opinions and especially from people who do this kind of thing.

When I need work, I hang my flyers in the areas where I have customers three or four times a year. This works, because people get familiar seeing them and if they do not call the first time, then the second or third time they make up their mind to call me. This way I get customers in groups and that makes it much easier to make more money.

Matt's Mowing Service
12-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks, I agree with keeping them clean. I did last year and people loved them. The reason I asked what to say is because this is the first more serious year for me. Last year I put out 80 and got 6 calls, hopefully I can do even better this year!

MarkintheGarden
12-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks, I agree with keeping them clean. I did last year and people loved them. The reason I asked what to say is because this is the first more serious year for me. Last year I put out 80 and got 6 calls, hopefully I can do even better this year!

That is a great response percentage wise. I often see advertisements that are crowded and too busy, sometimes less is better, let the viewer read what they want between the lines.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-10-2011, 11:25 PM
http://www.plan-itgraphics.com/

They did business cards for me a few years ago, and do very quality work...