PDA

View Full Version : Education Needed

gbbeil
12-10-2011, 11:57 AM
I am the principal of a small private Christian school in southern California.
We finished our first tackle football season and now want to condition and maintain the football field.

The grass is bermuda. The field was installed about 5 years ago and some care was taken to bring in good topsoil. The field has developed some bare patches and some unevenness (waves) in the topography.

Any recommendations as to books we could purchase to help educate our grounds maintenance person?

Any advice as to what we should be doing this fall and winter?

Thank you,
Greg

ralph02813
12-10-2011, 01:42 PM
I would check the ag extension service at usc

agrostis
12-10-2011, 11:28 PM
I can help you with that field but i need more detail's. Do you have irrigation ? What kind of sunlight do you get during the day/year ? What kind of bermuda is that ? What height are you mowing at ? What kind of machine do you mow with ? These are just a few preliminary question's. Having a quality sport's field can be fairly involved.

Smallaxe
12-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Focus also on soil type and core aeration... Both are considered in high traffic areas...

andyslawncare
12-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Top dressing can help with slight topo issues. Contact a few reputable weed/fert companies in your area... I would highly discount or donate services in return for a banner put up on the side lines of the field...