PDA

View Full Version : Just got the Walker delivered

tonym10
11-19-2002, 04:25 PM
I just got my used Walker delivered.
I was afraid of it not living up to my expectations, wow was I wrong.I just tried it on my front yard, I had sooo much fun with it , cuts and sucks up the leaves with ease and the 6.7 bushel bagger didnt need to be dumped till I cut the whole front done , my old Cub Cadet riding mower would have had to have been emptied 2 times and the the shoot would have clogged a million times, Walker did it like nothing and the zero turn is so fun, gona take me a while to get the steering under control, but I am happier then I expected to be. cant wait to cut my grass next year. Thank everyone here for their advice

Green Pastures
11-19-2002, 07:49 PM
Told ya! :D

rkbrown
11-20-2002, 09:46 AM
I hope that you get many productive and trouble free hours out of your new Walker !! :)

captdevo
11-22-2002, 11:35 PM
congrats...if ya ever have any questions or concerns, drop me a line, i'd be glad to help!!!

btw....if you need an owners manual, send me your email addy and i'll send you one via email pdf.

bubble boy
11-24-2002, 01:16 AM
i bet the neighbors are gawking.

i guess if you don't mind doing the work, it is money well spent (as opposed to hiring a company like mine!!!:D )

that thing will last forever just cutting your home.

captdevo
11-24-2002, 01:28 AM
tonym10

get your manual?

dave

The Mowerdude
11-24-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by tonym10
...the shoot would have clogged a million times...

Now we both know that it would only clog about a thousand times.

If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred thousand times, DON'T exaggerate!! :D

tonym10
11-24-2002, 08:28 PM
I got the owners manual , thank you very much, going to take some time and read it now.I need help on doing zero turns with this mower, I tear the grass frequently, can anyone tell the correct way to turn at the end of row without cutting the turf?

The Mowerdude
11-25-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by tonym10
.... can anyone tell the correct way to turn at the end of row without cutting the turf?

You'll have to practice at making what I call a "3 point" turn.

At the end of the row, turn gently to the direction you need to in order to start the next row. Let's say that this would be toward the right. You only need to go a few feet. Come to a complete stop, then back up gently toward the left. Now when you're ready to go forward, you should be able to pick up the next row with a gentle turn back to the right again.