PDA

View Full Version : What do you mean by Blow, Edge & Trim

kebrowns
12-10-2011, 08:31 PM
I am new in the lawn care business and not sure about some of the services I want to offer. A lot of lawn care guys say they blow, edge, trim and cut. I am confused as to what they really mean. I think blow means either blowing all the leaves up in the entire yard and/or the driveway and sidewalk. I think edge means edging the sidewalk, driveway and the bed area. I think trim means cutting or shaping up the bushes. Is this all right. I just don't want to over work myself and cheat myself of not pricing stuff right.

LawnMan19
12-10-2011, 08:44 PM
I am new in the lawn care business and not sure about some of the services I want to offer. A lot of lawn care guys say they blow, edge, trim and cut. I am confused as to what they really mean. I think blow means either blowing all the leaves up in the entire yard and/or the driveway and sidewalk. I think edge means edging the sidewalk, driveway and the bed area. I think trim means cutting or shaping up the bushes. Is this all right. I just don't want to over work myself and cheat myself of not pricing stuff right.

Around here if it is on a weekly basis with mowing it most likely means they blow all the clippings from the property off the driveway, sidewalk and road back into the lawn area. edging probably means edging the sidewalk and driveway not the beds. trimming probably means trimming around any trees, beds, and areas where the mower can't get not the bushes.

kebrowns
12-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks for your reply. So what is it called for doing the bushes?

kebrowns
12-10-2011, 09:06 PM
and will edging the bed be a separate thing?

dKoester
12-10-2011, 09:08 PM
It is called prunning.

LawnMan19
12-10-2011, 09:12 PM
and will edging the bed be a separate thing?

Typical it is or you could offer it as a bi-weekly or monthly service.And as far leaves go the would be considered another service as well.:)

kebrowns
12-10-2011, 09:16 PM
what is edging the bed called? and is it a separate service from edging the sidewalk and drive way.

LawnMan19
12-10-2011, 09:45 PM
what is edging the bed called? and is it a separate service from edging the sidewalk and drive way.

It is bed edging or bed redefining and it is a separate service. If you edge the sidewalk and driveway on a regular basis. the bed edging is not needed as often just trim along the bed during your regular service.

RGM
12-10-2011, 09:55 PM

Maybe it might just be better for you to work for someone for a bit before you get in over your head. What all kind of services do you want to offer?

Darryl G
12-11-2011, 12:10 AM
For mowing I bill it as a mow, trim & blow: I mow the lawn, use a string trimmer to get the places the mower can't reach and I blow any debris off hard surfaces. Not a lot of edging to do where I am, but if it needs edging I do it.

kebrowns
12-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks to all. I also do pressure washing and gutter cleaning. I currently have 3 mow clients. I guess I am on the right track with the services I already offer as far as mowing go.

GainesvilleLawnscaping
12-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Maybe it might just be better for you to work for someone for a bit before you get in over your head.

I agree with this. Sounds like you should get some experience under your belt first before jumping in the deep end.

Big Bad Bob
12-11-2011, 10:41 PM
I agree with this. Sounds like you should get some experience under your belt first before jumping in the deep end.

Well, he already has a full time job and he has an account with lawnsite. He has the best experience generator available. He can afford to make a mistake here and there. If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.

THIESSENS TLC
12-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Well, he already has a full time job and he has an account with lawnsite. He has the best experience generator available. He can afford to make a mistake here and there. If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
Good point bob!
Posted via Mobile Device