PDA

View Full Version : generating direct mail lists

grassmasterswilson
12-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Over the last few years I've been doing direct mailings through a company. I've enjoyed working with them, but noticing that my search parameters don't include all the homes I wish to target. I usually do $150+ homes and the last go around my personal home or my parents did not get a post card.

It is my understanding that the info used to generate list is all voluntary. Just curious if any of you have used a company and which one you thought had better list generating areas. Cactus mailing? Adeas?

If you do your own list then how do you go about gathering the addresses? What about buld postage? I'm looking hard at saturation mailing, but many of our postal routes are split with a mix of preferred homes and low income homes

stevenf
12-13-2011, 01:28 PM
I just recently found out that cusps does something called uspseverydoor.com. its like 15 cents per piece and you target entire neighborhoods. I haven't gotten my mailing permit yet so I'm not sure if the price is exact.
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenI.A.
12-13-2011, 04:02 PM
I used infousa.com i do my mailings with gotprint.com, for a small fee they can generate the list for you through infousa but they will not provide you with a copy of the addresses. For a bit more I generated my own list with infousa and provided that to gotprint. It was worth it for me to purchase my own list because I did 6-8 mailings this season. i have been more than happy with the results I have gotten from them.

As far as the post office's evry door program, I looked into it, it wasn't worht it for me. Sending the mailings to every door would require me to have 4x as many mailings printed up to hit the same postal routes. At that point the mailing to all of the extras and extra printing was way more money that direct mail

Efficiency
12-13-2011, 10:24 PM
GM, why dont you call me? I have your answer and you have my number.
GIA, if you are going to mail that many, you need to have your own list that you own and can manipulate as you please.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-13-2011, 10:34 PM
I've heard Mortgage Title Companies can also provide Neighborhood/Subdivision property/address lists as well, have realtor friends and they say they get them from them all time, already printed on address labels for free....