PDA

View Full Version : landscape installation

grassmasterswilson
12-12-2011, 09:48 PM
First I'm a mowing and application guy who got a designer to draw out a landscape plan for my personal home. I have no desire to take on the overhead or labor of a crew for installations. Just looking for some help.

I want to do the install myself. Part of it ego and accoplishment, but wondering what the cost for labor might run if I can't do it. I know every area has its own pricing and this is a very vague question. Is there a per plant fee that you charge to instal? I have a mix of yews, frothergilla, hydrangea, spriea, aucuba, and other smaller plantings. Maybe a total of 100 plants.

any ballpark estimate or per bush cost for the installation only?

GreenI.A.
12-12-2011, 11:23 PM
If you're confident that you can design and manage all the work yourself and are only worried about labor then I would just consider bringing a guy or tow on from a labor staffing company for the work. In m are I can ge a good experienced laborer for under $20 an hour, and that includes all taxes and workmans comp insurance aswell

Smallaxe
12-13-2011, 06:14 AM
If you're doing it yourself you can take the time to do it right... Cost depends on access to water and the delivery time to soak the plantings 2-3 days in a row... Cost depends on wheelbarrow access from the truck to the site of individual plants... Ease of digging, bringing in ammendments and mulch...

If it was me, I would dig 20-33 holes, put in about 20-33 plants with its ammendments grab a hose and a beer and soak that much down... adjust the next step from that experience...

grassmasterswilson
12-13-2011, 06:24 AM
I can do the work with out any problem. Will it get done all at once... probably not. Think I may split the lot in half. Front now and back later. I figured I would start taking old plants out as I check on the availablility of plants. The only problem I might run into is that some may be special order. I need to check on delivery fee. If delivery is pretty expensive then I may need to schedule a delivery on a friday and prepare to instal friday -sunday.

Ease of access it wide open and no heavy machines will be required. I'm looking at this as more of a pride thing and when people compliment me then i did all the work.

Smallaxe
12-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Even with getting all the plants at once, they'll be fine in the pots until you get around to doing it... I like to put the potted plants out in their general location and see first hand how they're going to look and make adjustments from there...

In fact I had some transplants that I potted temperarily, yet never got around to planting b4 the ground froze, so I buried the pots and mulched them in and will put them in their permanent home next Spring...