PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare
12-13-2011, 08:04 PM
So I have a quick question, I have a client they have been really good all year and always pay on time extra work and everything. They always pay by the 5th of the month ( I bill 1st due 15th). I use paypal for some people any way todays the 13th and no pay. I wouldn't really even think about it till after the 15th but they always pay alto sooner than now. I was kind of thinking maybe they just didn't see the email or something. So here is my question I can "remind" them thru paypal , should I? I was thinking I would, but I don't want to be pushy.

RussellB
12-13-2011, 08:23 PM
I'd wait.
Posted via Mobile Device

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
12-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Give them a little time.
Posted via Mobile Device

ringahding
12-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Wait til the 16th & than call

KrayzKajun
12-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Give them a little time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ditto!
Posted via Mobile Device

jsslawncare
12-13-2011, 09:27 PM
It's not due yet.

knox gsl
12-13-2011, 09:27 PM
I wouldn't say anything till the 20th then just rebill or what ever is you standard.

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare
12-13-2011, 09:34 PM
thanks guys! guess i'm just antsy its wierd for them to do this, but this is the first winter I have with them. I guess after a few years of working for a gas company and seeing people not paying bills I'm a little jumpy.

944own
12-14-2011, 12:12 AM
Welcome to Lawn Care.:waving:

ed2hess
12-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Don't mess around this close to Christmas just wait unti after the 1st and send them a January bill.

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare
12-14-2011, 06:41 PM
wow let it go a whole month!?! I was thinking I need to go spray that place next week if its not paid I'll call just to let them know about the spray (they do have dogs) and just kinda mention it in passing.

GreenI.A.
12-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Don't mess around this close to Christmas just wait unti after the 1st and send them a January bill.

I love this response, does any other industry wait til after the holidays? do you tell your insurance company, mortgage holder, electric company, credit card companies to wait until after the holidays. I have two custoemrs who if I do not have payment in full by dec 30th then I'll be dropping my letters of intent to file mechanics liens off to their houses on that day.

If they are normally a good payer like you say then I would simply just call them, and say that you noticed that you haven't received payment yet and that because they usually pay right away, you just wanted to be sure that they recieved the invoice or that something hadn't happen with the payment.

Patriot Services
12-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Send the paypal reminder on the 16th.
Posted via Mobile Device

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare
12-14-2011, 07:47 PM
I really think a call is what I will do. They have always been ontime usually pays by the 5th so this is just odd. I guess I just got a little jumpy every other day theres a new topic about some not paying b/c its winter.

ed2hess
12-15-2011, 03:57 PM
I have two custoemrs who if I do not have payment in full by dec 30th then I'll be dropping my letters of intent to file mechanics liens off to their houses on that day.

You can take that heavy hand approach but if you don't know how to do that you can end up losing good customers. A payment being a couple months late cost you how much? I figure I can get operating cash at about 5% so a $1000 bill 2 months late cost how much?

ny scaper
12-15-2011, 04:51 PM
I really think a call is what I will do. They have always been ontime usually pays by the 5th so this is just odd. I guess I just got a little jumpy every other day theres a new topic about some not paying b/c its winter.

Good decision. I bill same way (billed on 1st and due the 15th). You should wait until the 16th or 17th and then call. I had same issue and called ont he 17th. The client was like "I totally forgot and was sorry" I received the check on the 19th. no harm no foul with four days late. If they start dodging you and not answer, leave a message. If they dont call back or you dont get the check within a week, tiem to stop by the residence to see whats up.
Put it this way - would you be happy if you told a client you'd be there on the 10th to do work and they called you on the 8th to"remind" you to come?

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare
12-15-2011, 08:01 PM
scaper I get what your saying. I just think that b/c this was out of the norm and with the gas co I work for if I talk to 70 people a day 65 are not paying the bill. I guess I'm a little jaded. Anyway they paid today so its all good. I guess they'll get an xmas card with the rest of em