PDA

View Full Version : Direct Mail

PlantscapeSolutions
12-14-2011, 04:40 PM
I thought I would start a direct mail thread to see what others have done and what prices they paid. I'm sure I'm not the first person to start a thread like this. I used www.catusmailings.com and paid about 32 cents per piece in quantities of 5000. I targeted mostly million dollar home areas. These were 5x6 prints.

The picture attached is work I did and not clip art. I will probably be guilty of using clip art on my next batch which will be more lawn service oriented.

KrayzKajun
12-14-2011, 04:46 PM
I really like tht. Did u make the design yurself?
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
12-14-2011, 05:07 PM
It was my pictures and the graphic artist who came up with the layout. Printmail.com did the design but lost my business because they head their head up their azz on the mailing lists.

srl28
12-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Now the bigger and more important questions....how did they work for you?

KrayzKajun
12-14-2011, 06:41 PM
I've actually had great success with direct mail. I designed my postcard. Had overnightprints.com do the printing. I make my own mailing list and usually get a few friends to help put mailing labels on. Plan to do 3x 2500piece mailings for the spring. One in Jan and two in feb. I'm designing two new postcards, one directed towards mowing and the other landscape & tree services.
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
12-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Now the bigger and more important questions....how did they work for you?

I was thrown a monkey wrench this spring that pushed my delivery time into the heat of summer. And of course it was the hottest summer since records have been kept in the 1800's.

The first company I went with was in Washington and had no track record issues at all. But as the process moved further along things started to slow down and then they went out of business. Thank god I used my credit card and not a check so I got my $1800 back.

I then went to my second choice Cactus and they did my right. I did get some work from the cards but not as much as I would like. The one customer I can recall picking up has spent $3000 since July. Timing is everything.

PlantscapeSolutions
12-14-2011, 08:45 PM
I've actually had great success with direct mail. I designed my postcard. Had overnightprints.com do the printing. I make my own mailing list and usually get a few friends to help put mailing labels on. Plan to do 3x 2500piece mailings for the spring. One in Jan and two in feb. I'm designing two new postcards, one directed towards mowing and the other landscape & tree services.
Posted via Mobile Device

How much was the postage per piece and overall cost? Seems like it would take a lot of time and fuel to run around compiling a list. The benefit of buying a list is you can set property values and get tons of houses in upscale gated areas you do not have access to. There are a multitude of other filter option you can select from as well.

Once you buy the list which only cost me $175 for 5000 address's you can usually use it again and only pay a CASS certification fee that is possibly $20. You would probably save money and a tremendous amount of time & effort by just using one service like Cactus to do all the legwork for you.

KrayzKajun
12-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Only reason I make my own list is target specific communities. I just started working in an area tht is about 30miles from my house. Ill make a list just for this area and target the communities in a 5mile radius. With cactus mailing how do would I get the list from them to mail my postcards?
Posted via Mobile Device

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Our County website has a great property index system, I can actually search specific subdivisions and import and export the address lists into my label program, just a thought, does any of your guy's county have any good property programs, might be a useful tool..

phillie
12-14-2011, 10:27 PM
I do my own design, address compiling, labelling, stamping, and mailing. I pay 26.3 cents per postcard when doing 5k. It goes down from there the more I do.

PlantscapeSolutions
12-15-2011, 12:24 AM
Only reason I make my own list is target specific communities. I just started working in an area tht is about 30miles from my house. Ill make a list just for this area and target the communities in a 5mile radius. With cactus mailing how do would I get the list from them to mail my postcards?
Posted via Mobile Device

You can gets breakdowns of zip codes and usually USPS carrier routes. The carrier routes break thing down into the neighborhood level. You look at the maps they provide you and select the zip codes or carrier routes you want.

In a small area a zip code may cover the whole town. The Austin area probably has 20 zip codes so I can usually just go by zip code and property values and it targets exactly the area I want to cover.

KrayzKajun
12-15-2011, 07:36 AM
I mite have to give them a try. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
12-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Anyone else?
Posted via Mobile Device

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-15-2011, 11:34 PM
I've personally bought business cards from www.plan-itgraphics.com and they were awesome quality work, I haven't however done any direct mail postcards ever so I can't comment on how well that works or not... I've simply found our best methods of advertising were free methods...

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-16-2011, 03:23 PM
I have used Adeas, they were very fast and delivered a good product. I did 1000 cards in a single mailing (test run last season, more this season) and paid $450 or so which included mailing lists to two saturation routes.

PlantscapeSolutions
12-16-2011, 04:26 PM
I have used Adeas, they were very fast and delivered a good product. I did 1000 cards in a single mailing (test run last season, more this season) and paid $450 or so which included mailing lists to two saturation routes.

That's 45 cents per piece which is on the high side. I just did the math on my last Cactus batch of 5000 and it was 31.38 cents. I will not have to pay for my mailing list again so my next batch would be 27.8 cents. If you do even bigger batches the amount goes down a little more.

The last place I used charged about 35 cents for quantities less then 5000. Usually 5000 is the minimum required to get a decent price at any place. Pennies add up when your paying too much 5000 times over. Every penny extra you pay is $50 your losing.

Hopefully this info will save guys some money. If anyone knows of a better deal for turn key direct mail let me know.

KrayzKajun
12-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Cactus has a special right now for new customers. $1600 for 5000 cards, includes design,print,mailing list and postage. I mite give it a try in January
Posted via Mobile Device

FCPWLLC
12-17-2011, 03:39 PM
You can send 8.5x11 Full color post cards for .21/house. Includes print and postage. No need to buy a list. Look up "Every door direct mail". The post office will deliver to carrier routes for postage of 14.2 cents and you can get the huge post cards printed for about 7 cents.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-17-2011, 03:48 PM
You can send 8.5x11 Full color post cards for .21/house. Includes print and postage. No need to buy a list. Look up "Every door direct mail". The post office will deliver to carrier routes for postage of 14.2 cents and you can get the huge post cards printed for about 7 cents.

And then just pick the carrier route/neighborhood/subdivision that bests suit the customers you'd like to target? Do those every door routes for usps give a specific # of mailboxes so you can get them the exact # of postcards?

KrayzKajun
12-17-2011, 05:33 PM
The everydoor with the post office is a 5000 piece minimum
Posted via Mobile Device

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-17-2011, 05:36 PM
I was just on there and the 1 program says 5,000 max, is says 5k or less pieces....
Posted via Mobile Device

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-18-2011, 12:22 AM
That's 45 cents per piece which is on the high side. I just did the math on my last Cactus batch of 5000 and it was 31.38 cents. I will not have to pay for my mailing list again so my next batch would be 27.8 cents. If you do even bigger batches the amount goes down a little more.

The last place I used charged about 35 cents for quantities less then 5000. Usually 5000 is the minimum required to get a decent price at any place. Pennies add up when your paying too much 5000 times over. Every penny extra you pay is $50 your losing.

Hopefully this info will save guys some money. If anyone knows of a better deal for turn key direct mail let me know.

Yes high, but yes only ordered 1K. Got a nice hit rate though.

TriCityLawnCareLLC
12-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Yes high, but yes only ordered 1K. Got a nice hit rate though.

how well did you do with the 1000?

DLONGLANDSCAPING
12-20-2011, 11:31 PM
USE ADEAS PRINTING!!!!!! BY FAR THE CHEAPEST I HAVE HEARD. I used them last year and had zero issues with direct mailing, everything was ontime and the printing got me a ton of new business. They did everything, printed, mailing address(you can target anythiing you want) labeled and postage all for 26 cents per mailer.

I am planning to do 10-15k this year as well as handing out by hand with a bunch of my brothers friends.

TriCityLawnCareLLC
12-20-2011, 11:34 PM
I too use Adeas, they're great!!

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Did you guys have Adeas do the design work on your postcards or whatever, and can you share some examples of what kind of work they do?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-21-2011, 12:42 AM
how well did you do with the 1000?

I got a 1.5% hit rate and almost 1% sell rate. Good enough to try again for 2012.

FYI - Adeas did design my card, did my mailing list, postage, and mail.
They are fast and easy to work with.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-21-2011, 12:44 AM
I got a 1.5% hit rate and almost 1% sell rate. Good enough to try again for 2012.

FYI - Adeas did design my card, did my mailing list, postage, and mail.
They are fast and easy to work with.

Mind sharing some examples of their design work?

TriCityLawnCareLLC
12-21-2011, 12:46 AM
I designed all of my stuff, they did some minor enhancements though so sorry. But they have been great to deal with
Posted via Mobile Device

DLONGLANDSCAPING
12-21-2011, 01:48 AM
Here is what i sent them then what they turned it into. I send them the rough designs and they make it advertisement quality.

DLONGLANDSCAPING
12-21-2011, 01:50 AM
they offer discounts for bulk and have very good customer service. They used to be a sponser on lawnsite but i dont think they are anymore

i had a 3% call rate and landed around 95% of that 3 percent. So around 100 new clients/jobs this year.

PlantscapeSolutions
12-21-2011, 03:09 AM
USE ADEAS PRINTING!!!!!! BY FAR THE CHEAPEST I HAVE HEARD. I used them last year and had zero issues with direct mailing, everything was ontime and the printing got me a ton of new business. They did everything, printed, mailing address(you can target anythiing you want) labeled and postage all for 26 cents per mailer.

I am planning to do 10-15k this year as well as handing out by hand with a bunch of my brothers friends.

Their website doesn't have much info. Do you know what the breakdown was of your 26 cent cost. For 4x6's the USPS postage is usually 22 cents which only leaves three cents to work with. Did you get a custom mailing list by home value or other custom factors, two sides full color, and UV coating on the non-address side? I'm all about saving money but that price seems too good to be true. I'll have to give them a call.

PlantscapeSolutions
12-21-2011, 11:50 AM
I just sent Adeas an email for a quote. The paper stock Catcus uses is 14 pt look like it will be an upgrade over the #100 used by Adeas. No custom address list is included either so that will add about 3.5 cents per piece. The 26 cent price only includes one side color as well. It looks like the final price will likely be at least 32 cents but I'll let you know what they say.

Direct mail is a commodity business where it's hard to undercut other big or bigger companies when it's an apples to apples comparison but it's worth trying.

PlantscapeSolutions
12-21-2011, 03:29 PM
The price from Ideas to do the same thing Cactus Mailing is doing was quoted at 42.6 cents. So far Cactus is still a better deal. At 42.6 cents Adeas would cost me over $500 more for a batch of 5,000.

KrayzKajun
12-21-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm really thinking about giving Cactus a try. David, when are doing yur first mailing for the spring?
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
12-21-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm thinking about doing a batch as early as January and a second round in March. With our water restrictions any direct mail after April may be money down the toilet. We could have brown yards as early as May if it's a repeat of last year. We're on once a week watering restriction now and it may go to every two weeks but either way the grass will turn brown at 100 F so it won't matter.

KrayzKajun
12-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm thinking of using cactus to break into a new area I'm working in now. One mulch job could pay for the whole batch.
Posted via Mobile Device

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-21-2011, 09:11 PM
The price from Ideas to do the same thing Cactus Mailing is doing was quoted at 42.6 cents. So far Cactus is still a better deal. At 42.6 cents Adeas would cost me over $500 more for a batch of 5,000.

Is this pricing for Postcards or Door hangers, and what size?

KrayzKajun
12-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Is this pricing for Postcards or Door hangers, and what size?

Ths for postcards and postage I'm guessing.
Posted via Mobile Device

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Adeas's website advertises 5,000 6x9 Postcards, full color both sides, including mailing list and shipping for $1400, thats 28cents per peice.

KrayzKajun
12-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Adeas's website advertises 5,000 6x9 Postcards, full color both sides, including mailing list and shipping for $1400, thats 28cents per peice.

Now add postage and you have 46cents. Cactus is cheaper.
Posted via Mobile Device

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Now add postage and you have 46cents. Cactus is cheaper.
Posted via Mobile Device

I said it included shipping/postage for your direct mail, so 28 Cents total each. I have never used this company so just pointing out facts is all....

JContracting
12-22-2011, 07:19 PM

How was your response with those cards, care to share what your post card design with a fellow Minnesotan? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
12-22-2011, 07:39 PM
David, How specific can I get with the mailing list from Cactus? Can I give the Zipcode and specific neighborhoods in the zipcode?
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
12-22-2011, 09:01 PM
David, How specific can I get with the mailing list from Cactus? Can I give the Zipcode and specific neighborhoods in the zipcode?
Posted via Mobile Device

All the direct mail companies use outside sources to compile the mailing list. You can go by zip code or postal routes in the zip codes as a basic denominator.

You can break it down even further from their if you want into a custom list that costs a little extra. The custom list lets you pick things like home value, household income, and a bunch of other factors.

For me home value is the most important factor. I try to target the one million plus homes and hit about 4200. To fill the rest of the list there are 600K plus homes as well I target.

The first direct mail company I used was Printmailpro.com here in Austin and didn't realize my list was capped at below the level I had specified. They were using some incompetent mailing list company that had what they called a millionaires list.

They told me the price was $10 per address. I was about crapped in my pants. If you do the math that would be $50,000 for my mailing list. This is when I found Cactus and another place in WA that told be that was not the case with their sources. The place in WA went bankrupt. Always use a credit card for your payment method so if things go to pot you will get your money back.

xclusive
12-22-2011, 11:27 PM
I have been interested in doing a direct mail campaign instead of having my employees go door to door in the spring. So after reading this thread last night I decided to look into today. I contacted the local post office about every door delivery mail and was told it would cost about $.15 per postcard. I would have to go to the post office and see the postal routes and choose which onea I wanted since most towns have many routes. With the postal service the maximum I could do is 5,000 per day. I then called Adeas and was quoted about $.26ea for the 20,000 I am looking to do. With the 20,000 quantity they are willing to work with you more and will give you more options then just one color side, etc. With Adeas it also depends on the zipcodes too. For example if the first 3 digits of the different zipcodes do not match then it costs more. Also you have to buy the list for $85 for 5000 homes once you go over that it is $8 per 1000. I will be getting more information tomorrow morning in an email. If anything changes I will let you guys know.

My postcards last year cost me about $.06ea for 13,000. So if you add $.06 to the post office price of $.15 it gives you a total of $.21 which is cheaper than Adeas.

horseman201
12-22-2011, 11:39 PM
I have been interested in doing a direct mail campaign instead of having my employees go door to door in the spring. So after reading this thread last night I decided to look into today. I contacted the local post office about every door delivery mail and was told it would cost about $.15 per postcard. I would have to go to the post office and see the postal routes and choose which onea I wanted since most towns have many routes. With the postal service the maximum I could do is 5,000 per day. I then called Adeas and was quoted about $.26ea for the 20,000 I am looking to do. With the 20,000 quantity they are willing to work with you more and will give you more options then just one color side, etc. With Adeas it also depends on the zipcodes too. For example if the first 3 digits of the different zipcodes do not match then it costs more. Also you have to buy the list for $85 for 5000 homes once you go over that it is $8 per 1000. I will be getting more information tomorrow morning in an email. If anything changes I will let you guys know.

My postcards last year cost me about $.06ea for 13,000. So if you add $.06 to the post office price of $.15 it gives you a total of $.21 which is cheaper than Adeas.

Where did you get the postcards last year for $.06? Thanks

xclusive
12-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Where did you get the postcards last year for $.06? Thanks

I used uprinting.com. I had Bob at plan it graphics design them the year before for me. So all I had to do was just get them reprinted. It would have been cheaper but I needed to get them printed in a week so I paid extra to expedite the printing as well as the shipping. I believe Bobs price is even cheaper if he designs them.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-23-2011, 12:09 AM
How was your response with those cards, care to share what your post card design with a fellow Minnesotan? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

1.5% hit rate, 1% sell rate, 1k postcards sent (test run for me last year).
To me, not bad, worth doing again. I am trying to find a proof of my design so I can post, I gave all the cards out so I don't have one to scan.

JContracting
12-23-2011, 01:54 AM
10 accounts (I'm assuming weekly mowing) for $450 in advertising, not too bad, I've certainly had worse ratios. I'll really look into them for post cards, they did my doorhangers this spring with the band-it, problem was it took a long time to stick them on a door as well as write in the price for mowing, they designed, printed and shipped for just under $200. Id definitely do the postcards for 450
Posted via Mobile Device

xclusive
01-08-2012, 01:12 AM

That's if your able to hit a saturated postal route if not it jumps up 10 cents more for each one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Efficiency
01-08-2012, 09:06 PM
this thread seems alot like the blind leading the blind...

grassmasterswilson
01-09-2012, 08:59 AM
I got all the tax listings from my county office. I've then sorted through and gotten houses with values I want to target, not to mention business locations with physical and mailing addresses. It took a while to sort, but now I have a list of addresses. So I'm not going to be able to use saturation postage, but all the cards I send will hit homes I would like to service. I looked at saturation but our postal routes are split over different neighborhoods. So one route may do 200 $500k+ homes and then 200 under $200k homes.

I found after sending a few rounds of cards that the information the mailing companies use is all volutary. Last mailer I had a quite a few friends who didn't get cards and I know their homes were in my value range.

PlantscapeSolutions
01-09-2012, 12:55 PM
I got all the tax listings from my county office. I've then sorted through and gotten houses with values I want to target, not to mention business locations with physical and mailing addresses. It took a while to sort, but now I have a list of addresses. So I'm not going to be able to use saturation postage, but all the cards I send will hit homes I would like to service. I looked at saturation but our postal routes are split over different neighborhoods. So one route may do 200 $500k+ homes and then 200 under $200k homes.

I found after sending a few rounds of cards that the information the mailing companies use is all volutary. Last mailer I had a quite a few friends who didn't get cards and I know their homes were in my value range.

If it were voluntary the whole direct mail database would be worthless. Everyone would say no to junk mail. The USPS could not survive.

wildstarblazer
01-09-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm kinda liking the "every door direct mail" option. If you get 2500 post cards designed/logo and printed at planet graphics, is about $300 and then 2500 mailed through usps for about $375- your at $675 = 27 cents a piece. There are a lot of steps involved tho.

KrayzKajun
01-09-2012, 07:21 PM
What size postcard are yall using?

PlantscapeSolutions
01-09-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm kinda liking the "every door direct mail" option. If you get 2500 post cards designed/logo and printed at planet graphics, is about $300 and then 2500 mailed through usps for about $375- your at $675 = 27 cents a piece. There are a lot of steps involved tho.

Keep in mind you'll be hitting some houses that are outside the desired value range so your true cost per households will really be higher then then 27 cents.

wildstarblazer
01-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Not sure what you mean by desired value, but I may end up having some mail end up at apartment complexes since you can't filter them out. So i have to try and pick a route with no apartments or very little.

All these marketing and purchasing decision areas of the business take up so much time, it get's frustrating..:dizzy:

grassmasterswilson
01-09-2012, 11:12 PM
If it were voluntary the whole direct mail database would be worthless. Everyone would say no to junk mail. The USPS could not survive.

I was told by the mailing company I use that the info they use to create the mailing list is voluntarily given by home owners. The reason I asked him was I did a mailer targeting home of $200+ values. I know of 5-6 people including me and my parents who didn't get a card and they were well in the home value range.

So the info may be accurate, but you may not hit every home on a particular street unless you do saturation mailing.

PlantscapeSolutions
01-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Not sure what you mean by desired value, but I may end up having some mail end up at apartment complexes since you can't filter them out. So i have to try and pick a route with no apartments or very little.

All these marketing and purchasing decision areas of the business take up so much time, it get's frustrating..:dizzy:

By lesser value I mean there may be some lesser value homes mixed in that you would not care to send mail to but they will get it anyway. With filters in place this would not happen. The saturation method is going to have more waste and raise your true cost.

Even nice parts of town can have expensive condos, town homes, or apartments. Hit a few of there types of properties and you can easily have a few hundred wasted post cards that will raise you cost closer to 40-50 cents.

This is why I use Cactus Mailings. I deal with one place only and I'm not gambling on how much multi family or even office unit type waste I will have. Letting an agency of the Federal government help with your mailing is just asking for waste.

wildstarblazer
01-10-2012, 09:54 AM
I see what you mean. The lawn biz may not be the perfect fit for the usps but it is great for other businesses.

grassmasterswilson
01-10-2012, 12:26 PM
I see what you mean. The lawn biz may not be the perfect fit for the usps but it is great for other businesses.

It may work if you were in a larger city where one carrier might service an entire high end neighborhood. I'm not. I'm in a smaller city and looked up some carrier routes. Seemed most routes had a couple hundred deliveries and many were split between high end homes and patio/duplex subdivisions.

So the postage might be cheaper to saturate, but you would get quite a few duplexes, condos, or individual homes in a HOA that doesnt' want service or may have it taken care of in rent or hoa dues.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-10-2012, 12:32 PM
All in all I think the best and most efficient method is to create your own mailing list using your county property systems, etc....

Country Club Lawnscapes
01-11-2012, 12:12 AM
I'm convinced that im going to use cactus gonna try a round of 5k postcards as well as three display ads in my local newspapers.

grassmasterswilson
01-11-2012, 08:06 AM
I use cactus also. Fixing to call about 5k cards today. They have done my previous rounds of cards. This time I have a list that I will provide. I'll try to keep you guys posted on my experience with my list vs. cactus' list.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-11-2012, 01:04 PM
I use cactus also. Fixing to call about 5k cards today. They have done my previous rounds of cards. This time I have a list that I will provide. I'll try to keep you guys posted on my experience with my list vs. cactus' list.

How do they do on design work of the cards?

JBlawn
01-11-2012, 01:38 PM
I used cactus mailing last year for 5000 mailings the design was beyond my expectations. the mailing also generated around 22k in sales. Hopefully this year is as good.

PlantscapeSolutions
01-11-2012, 01:44 PM

The design on page one is by Cactus. I'll show you my new design shortly.

justinc
01-11-2012, 09:17 PM
I've used direct mail with some success. I noticed Adeas uses 100# card where as Cactus and Gotprint uses 14. The 14 is less flimsy and feels like a real postcard. I know you can get 14pt. at Adeas. Not sure what the price difference is though. Just something to think about.

PlantscapeSolutions
01-11-2012, 10:11 PM
I've used direct mail with some success. I noticed Adeas uses 100# card where as Cactus and Gotprint uses 14. The 14 is less flimsy and feels like a real postcard. I know you can get 14pt. at Adeas. Not sure what the price difference is though. Just something to think about.

Some where in the prior pages I have info about the apples to apples quote. Adeas was around 42 cents.

Lux Lawn
01-11-2012, 11:04 PM
DLong---lookin good.

PlantscapeSolutions
01-16-2012, 10:24 AM
I was going to use Google Earth to spot sample of my 5000 address's used for my mailer but now I'm checking the list in great detail. I'm to deleting ugly homes that will not be my target market. If you get a questionable address on Google Earth you can usually get a second look at the house and it's value by using any search engine.

KrayzKajun
01-16-2012, 02:50 PM
David, I'm doing the same thing. Just becuz a house is in a certain community or price bracket doesn't mean I want them as a customer. Some people just don't care and you can sometimes tell by the way the house looks or the way they present themselves etc...
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
01-28-2012, 02:24 PM
If you are like me and only target a small percentage of the population you may want to try using infogroup.com. I did not like the quality of the results the company Cactus uses for mailing lists provided.

Infogroup.com is more expensive but the list is good for at least a year. The list will cost you .09 per household. From what I can tell from looking at my prior mailing list there was a lot of waste going. As much as 1/3rd of my mail was not going to my target market. The samples I've looked at so on my list from infogroup look perfect.

Efficiency
01-29-2012, 09:30 AM
.09 per household.

$.09 per address or .09 cents per address?

If you are at 9 cents per address, you should pay me to consult you. Ill be one of the best investments you make all year.

PlantscapeSolutions
01-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Yes it is 9 cents. My target market is houses from 1990 and newer. I'm starting at the top with million dollar homes and working down. Most of the list will be 700K and higher homes. If I wanted to spend a few hundred hours I could compile my own list but like they say times is money. The list I have is nothing but bad azz homes and was well worth paying $450.

Mahoney3223
01-30-2012, 08:59 PM
$.09 per address or .09 cents per address?

If you are at 9 cents per address, you should pay me to consult you. Ill be one of the best investments you make all year.

What do you do?

Efficiency
01-30-2012, 11:13 PM
What do you do?

whats your credit card number?

Mahoney3223
02-01-2012, 01:19 AM
ahh good one. made me chuckle.

Country Club Lawnscapes
02-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Yes it is 9 cents. My target market is houses from 1990 and newer. I'm starting at the top with million dollar homes and working down. Most of the list will be 700K and higher homes. If I wanted to spend a few hundred hours I could compile my own list but like they say times is money. The list I have is nothing but bad azz homes and was well worth paying $450.

Sounds like a small price to pay not to have to drive around for 2 weeks and write down addresses!!! Time saved is money saved

vaacutabove
02-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Maybe its because im from a small area but im pulling address of the county gis web site. Im hitting most of the houses in neighborhoods im already in. We will see how it works. Free and 45two min in and im 2k down
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
02-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Well we are down to the wire. Its the 1st week of Feb already. Planning for my first batch to go out monday after next.
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
02-14-2012, 12:48 AM
Here is my totally redone direct mail that focuses on maintenance. We still have water issues so I'm trying to work that angle as well hence the info on the bottom of the card. This is the time of year where people are more apt to make a switch if they are not happy with their service. I'm basically trying to stoke the fire with my card caption and make people more seriously ponder making a change.

The other angle I'm working is being a small personable company where every customer is important to me and is not just account number. Some little guys want to make their business seem like a big business in advertising but I find that doesn't work in your favor.

wildstarblazer
02-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Awesome idea. Very creative.:clapping: