PDA

View Full Version : Landscape lighting manufacturers

greenchoppers
12-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Hello,

Please post in your opinion the best landscape lighting manufacturer(s) in quality and dollar value. Thanks.

Classic Lighting
12-16-2011, 12:02 AM
You can go wrong with Malibu.
According to your sig........ shouldn't you stick to grass cutting?

greenchoppers
12-16-2011, 12:13 AM

Grass cutting is only a fraction of what we do.

Did you mean, "we can NOT go wrong with Malibu"?

greenchoppers
12-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Malibu is sold at Home Depot. I was looking for a line installed by a contractor.

CALandscapes
12-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Vista and FX are both pretty popular here in New Orleans. IMO a lot of the professionally-quality manufacturers are pretty equally matched (they all have their ups and downs). A big part is going to come down to what's available in your area (unless you want to buy online)...

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-16-2011, 02:15 AM
This link may come in handy. It is pretty complete as far as I can tell.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=210070&page=8&highlight=compendium

Terradek
12-16-2011, 10:24 AM
We recommend that professional lighting designers select the correct fixture and lamp for the application not what happens to be available from a given Manufacturer. We will often recommend products from several manufacturers depending on the specifics of the project. Don't limit your product selection to what is locally available either, there are several national outdoor lighting distributors that will assist you to select the right product for your specific application.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Gerry makes a great point above, and one that I agree with and subscribe to. It takes some time to find the best fixture for the application, but in the long run you, your business and your clients will benefit.

Sticking entirely to one line of products is akin to going out an purchasing a toolbox filled with only one manufacturers line of tools. I don't think I have ever seen a toolbox where every thing is from the same brand.

NightScenes
12-19-2011, 10:56 AM
I think that if you go to the AOLP (Association of Outdoor Lighting Professionals) website, you will find a list of very good outdoor lighting manufacturers with products you can depend on. www.aolponline.org

Ducke
12-19-2011, 05:23 PM

I find this a very narrow minded comment.
Why should he be limited to mowing lawns only ????

S&MLL
12-19-2011, 07:09 PM
I find this a very narrow minded comment.
Why should he be limited to mowing lawns only ????

Just like the irrigation forum most of us do not have long sigs.
None of us care about lawnmowers and leaf blowers.

With that said just by his first post most of us can tell he doesnt have any idea about outdoor lighting. When malibu was researched he found out it was sold at big box stores. Any lighting guy knows that. We rip that stuff out of the ground on a daily basis. When it comes to brands of outdoor lighting alot of it is region based. Other times its what you can attain locally. Others its what works for you and your clients.

We cant help in that case. Probably about 5 manufactors sponser this forum so im sure they will chime in about why their product can work for this guy. But imho he is doing a dis service to his "customer" by installing lighting. This is clearly his first rodeo and well I wouldnt want to have him install my lighting.

Once he gets some hands on training. And reads and learns then fine. But that isnt going to happen overnight

Ducke
12-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Just like the irrigation forum most of us do not have long sigs.
None of us care about lawnmowers and leaf blowers.

With that said just by his first post most of us can tell he doesnt have any idea about outdoor lighting. When malibu was researched he found out it was sold at big box stores. Any lighting guy knows that. We rip that stuff out of the ground on a daily basis. When it comes to brands of outdoor lighting alot of it is region based. Other times its what you can attain locally. Others its what works for you and your clients.

We cant help in that case. Probably about 5 manufactors sponser this forum so im sure they will chime in about why their product can work for this guy. But imho he is doing a dis service to his "customer" by installing lighting. This is clearly his first rodeo and well I wouldnt want to have him install my lighting.

Once he gets some hands on training. And reads and learns then fine. But that isnt going to happen overnight

OK
I can agree with your logic .
It just came across as if you didn't think a lawn guy could do anything else other then mow lawns.
If one gets the proper education and gets the right training (Suppliers/manufactures) they should be able to do it all. lawns, hardscape, irrigation systems and Lighting.

S&MLL
12-19-2011, 07:41 PM
They can do it all. Good chance they will never be great at everything. But decent at most. Kind of like hiring joe the handyman to do your crown molding vs. hiring a true trim guy.
Posted via Mobile Device