PDA

View Full Version : The Hartford Insurance

PlantscapeSolutions
12-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Has anyone ever found a better deal on insurance then the Hartford? I have had every Tom, Dick, and Harry call me over the years but nobody has ever been able to match let alone beat the Hartford.

I've had multiple claims over the years and the customer service has been great. Never had even a single complaint.

GreenI.A.
12-16-2011, 06:10 PM
When I did my insurance over a year ago I called a good dozen agents and had them each quote 3 insurace carriers. Hartford by far was the best coverage and money for me

Kelly's Landscaping
12-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Business insurance is through hortico but workman's comp is the Hartford and why because they have a deal with adp my payroll company to take out their fees as we go through payroll. Thus no upfront costs and no end of the year audits and my rates a whole 4% of pay roll on my guys which isn't much.

BeeCreekLawns
12-20-2011, 01:00 AM
Check with Dan Roth @ Capitol City Insurance(512-343-0280). I was referred to him by multiple sources in Austin.

DQL10
12-20-2011, 02:55 AM
Im with Erie Insurance Company. Really good rates

McFarland_Lawn_Care
01-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Kelly's....I do the exact same thing with ADP and Hartford - been very happy so far. Very dependable and my local ADP rep is very helpful and friendly. Nice change in this society.

PlantscapeSolutions
01-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Kelly's....I do the exact same thing with ADP and Hartford - been very happy so far. Very dependable and my local ADP rep is very helpful and friendly. Nice change in this society.

How far do you travel for work? You not really close to anything. I'm from Augusta and have relative northeast of Belfast in Brooks and Monroe. I know southern Maine has done better then the rest of the state. Down south (Portland/Kittery area) there is growth and construction occurring while Augusta and most places further north haven't had any population growth in decades. Lots of people are like me who are fond of Maine but had to follow the money train else where.

Are you related to any of the McFarlands in Augusta? I had some Mcfarlands as customers back in the mid 80's.

McFarland_Lawn_Care
01-14-2012, 06:15 PM
I travel about 15-20 miles max and do all work in one town each day. I don't think I'm related to any McFarlands in Augusta - that's about 2 hrs away from me. I'm on the coast near Ellsworth and Bar Harbor area. Ellsworth is actually on of the fastest growing communities in the state right now, but to me honest most of my customers are "summer people" owning homes on the water and only come up for a few weeks or few months in the summertime. We have been very blessed and growing about 25-30% each of the last two years. It's tough in the winter, but wonderful area of the country to live and small town people are great. ***Sorry to OP, didn't mean to hijack the thread**

Jason

PlantscapeSolutions
01-14-2012, 07:27 PM
I travel about 15-20 miles max and do all work in one town each day. I don't think I'm related to any McFarlands in Augusta - that's about 2 hrs away from me. I'm on the coast near Ellsworth and Bar Harbor area. Ellsworth is actually on of the fastest growing communities in the state right now, but to me honest most of my customers are "summer people" owning homes on the water and only come up for a few weeks or few months in the summertime. We have been very blessed and growing about 25-30% each of the last two years. It's tough in the winter, but wonderful area of the country to live and small town people are great. ***Sorry to OP, didn't mean to hijack the thread**

Jason

I hijacked my own thread by asking the questions so it's all good. I took my wife to Acadia National Park about ten years ago and I think I counted cars from 30 states in one parking lot. Even a car from Alaska. You really don't go to any other states where you see so many people from out of state on vacation.

Do you have any customers with million dollar spreads or is it more your average coastal summer camp? Maine doesn't tend to get the insane RI and CT seaside mansions every where. Growing up I was used to seeing all the seasonal lake homes people had in central ME. Good old Maine.

Potomac Lawns Inc.
01-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Im with Erie Insurance Company. Really good rates

I have them as well

McFarland_Lawn_Care
01-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Do you have any customers with million dollar spreads or is it more your average coastal summer camp? Maine doesn't tend to get the insane RI and CT seaside mansions every where. Growing up I was used to seeing all the seasonal lake homes people had in central ME. Good old Maine.

Acadia National Park is great - I don't get down there often enough. I would say the average customer is upper-middle class with houses ranging from $400-1mil+ in value. They aren't sprawling California estates but nothing to sneeze at for sure - Most of them make their money out of state and just "vacation" here. I'm just glad to do a job I love for some great people.