PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee M12 Electric PVC Cutter

BrandonV
12-17-2011, 03:42 PM
So i bought my father a Milwaukee rechargeable heated jacket for christmas... blood thiner is a wonderfully thing in the winter apparently. I of course take it out to charge it before giving it, inside the box is a flyer for their other tools.. and now I have cutter envy.

Movie Link (http://youtu.be/mtfSJ0SLl3o)

Stuttering Stan
12-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Not bad. How long will the blade last and is it easy to change out? Sure would save on the sore hands when cutting SCH40.

DanaMac
12-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Wow. I wonder how well it does once the blade gets dull. Seems like it would crush and crack the sch. 40 pipe, or pinch and tear the flexible pipe. I also wonder about dirt and sand getting inside the body out in real world situations if it were on a sprinkler install crew. Also the durability of workers throwing it around and dropping in dirt and/or mud. But I know Milwaukee makes some durable tools. Neat tool, let us know how it works.

txirrigation
12-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Looks great, but it also looks like it is for cutting clean pipe in clean situations. Probably a good tool for plumbers, but I can see my guys making nuts and bolts out of this thing quickly.

Wet_Boots
12-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Looks great, but it also looks like it is for cutting clean pipe in clean situations. Probably a good tool for plumbers, but I can see my guys making nuts and bolts out of this thing quickly.It's a common problem when shovel monkeys get their hands on complicated tools. Did you know that the first Surefire pushbutton-ignition blowtorches carried a lifetime warranty? Then the sprinkler guys got hold of them.

FIMCO-MEISTER
12-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Tell me about that rechargeable battery coat? I may get a few to rent out to skiers.
Posted via Mobile Device

BrandonV
12-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Jacket link (http://www.milwaukeetool.com/productdetail.aspx?productid=2331)

I cant really reveiw it except that it heated up qucikly, has 3 settings and a really neat led button sown onto it. Uses thr same better as the pipe cutter.

Mike Leary
12-17-2011, 06:51 PM
I like it, much like the Rigid I posted about earlier. I also agree, that any tool put in the hands of an employee (including a service truck) will be trash history or disappear shortly. :hammerhead:

Wet_Boots
12-17-2011, 07:15 PM
One problem with a tool like that, is if it's fast enough and powerful enough to be a time saver, it can also lop off the odd finger or two.

FIMCO-MEISTER
12-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Yeah if you're a lawn guy.
Posted via Mobile Device

mitchgo
12-18-2011, 01:02 AM
Did you know that the first Surefire pushbutton-ignition blowtorches carried a lifetime warranty? Then the sprinkler guys got hold of them.

Mine last about 2 years tops . Too bad they aren't lifetime

DanaMac
12-18-2011, 09:13 AM
It's a common problem when shovel monkeys get their hands on complicated tools. Did you know that the first Surefire pushbutton-ignition blowtorches carried a lifetime warranty? Then the sprinkler guys got hold of them.

I have one that is about 12-13 years old. Still keeps on firing. I have another one that is about 4-5 years old that is my backup, and I've never used it.

greenmonster304
12-18-2011, 10:11 AM
I have one that is about 12-13 years old. Still keeps on firing. I have another one that is about 4-5 years old that is my backup, and I've never used it.

You must not do too much work. Ha ha. I get about two years from a burns-o-matic. But the performance is way down at the end.
Posted via Mobile Device

jvanvliet
12-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Cuts up to 1.25"?

Is the cutting force variable? I've had problems with old C-Class pipe shattering under too much pressure on the cutters.

What kind of battery & how many "cuts" at max can I expect to get out of it?

Any tool can cause injury, it's as safe as the fool that uses the tool.

If your shovel monkey carelessly FUBARS your gear on a regular basis, it's time to limit his scope of work to shovels or find another monkey.

My guys have been assigned a "tool kit" they have to sign out before the trucks leave the depot. Hold them financially accountable (doesn't mean rip them off) for the equipment and breakage and loss will virtually disappear.

DanaMac
12-18-2011, 10:44 AM
You must not do too much work. Ha ha. I get about two years from a burns-o-matic. But the performance is way down at the end.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tons of freeze damage repairs, but not so much the last two years. Used it when I was still doing a tap out for new installs. It got plenty of use years ago. I don't like the new one I have as a back up.

Cloud9Landscapes
12-20-2011, 12:02 AM
I was using a battery powered angle grinder to cut pipe awhile ago, worked good for the jobs where there was brittle sch 20 in the ground, made a clean edge.