PDA

View Full Version : Truck Wiring; What's the Problem??

HartselleLawnEnforcement
12-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Hey guys,

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado. The truck came with the towing package with the 7pin wiring adapter. I re-wired 2 trailers because I thought it was trailer side.

I finally hooked the trailer up to my buddy's truck and the trailer lights worked perfectly.

So now I present the problem... When hooked up, the taillights do not work, the left side blinker/brakelights do not work, but the right side blinker/brakelights work fine.

I re-wired the 7pin adapter and replaced it with a 4 flat adapter to see if it would solve the problem; it didn't.... same thing.

Thanks guys!

punt66
12-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Hey guys,

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado. The truck came with the towing package with the 7pin wiring adapter. I re-wired 2 trailers because I thought it was trailer side.

I finally hooked the trailer up to my buddy's truck and the trailer lights worked perfectly.

So now I present the problem... When hooked up, the taillights do not work, the left side blinker/brakelights do not work, but the right side blinker/brakelights work fine.

I re-wired the 7pin adapter and replaced it with a 4 flat adapter to see if it would solve the problem; it didn't.... same thing.

Thanks guys!

You need to use a test light and track down the problem.

Thanksman
12-19-2011, 09:28 PM
You need to use a test light and track down the problem. yes you do..

HartselleLawnEnforcement
12-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Alright guys! Thanks, I'll get on it tomorrow AM. Was hoping it'd be a simple fix, but hey! Whatcha gonna do?