PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed for Skid Steer or Mini

4 seasons lawn&land
12-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Anyone ever load a 6 or 7000 lb machine in a larger enclosed trailer? Like any other trailer you can get ones that will handle the weight (axle wise) but its the ramp door I would worry about. The equip trailer works fine but I could use an enclosed for some other things and it would be nice to have the option of putting the skid in it or a smaller mini.

RobertsDesign
12-20-2011, 09:59 PM
They make trailers with Barn doors or one single door with a vertical hinge then have normal equipment style ramps that fold down.. i will try and find a picture or trailer like it

4 seasons lawn&land
12-23-2011, 06:16 PM
thought about that. Would be nice to have a heavy duty ramp door.

P.Services
12-23-2011, 07:03 PM
dont do that on a car hauler ramp door! it can not take the weight. A car is one thing because the weight isnt on the door all at once but i know a guy that tried to put a 1840 skid into a heavy duty car hauler and bent his door into a U.

ecurbthims
12-23-2011, 08:37 PM
just wheelie the machine in ,I have seen operators get them onto flat bed trucks much higher than most enclosed trailers with no ramps .Theres utube videos of them doing this as well .Actually,a barn door trailer would probably work if you fabricated a set of ramps that you can pick up with the skid

GreenI.A.
12-23-2011, 09:52 PM
When I had my enclosed built I considered doing it so that it could carry my skid. What they offered is simular to what was said above, dual barn doors with fuld down equipment ramps.

4 seasons lawn&land
12-23-2011, 09:58 PM
I could probably have someone beef up a regular car trailer ramp too.

mybowtie
12-24-2011, 02:51 PM
just wheelie the machine in ,I have seen operators get them onto flat bed trucks much higher than most enclosed trailers with no ramps .Theres utube videos of them doing this as well .Actually,a barn door trailer would probably work if you fabricated a set of ramps that you can pick up with the skid

Dont think your gonna wheelie a track machine.

TMlawncare
12-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Hmm, the other day they just delivered my new 2012 Terex pt30 in a regular enclosed trailer. Pulled the ramp down and drove it right off. I didn't even hear the ramp scream.