PDA

View Full Version : Subbing pesticide apps question

Lawn-Scapes
11-20-2002, 10:42 PM
I would like to do the fertilizer applications for my maintenance customers and sub out the pesticide applications..

Does anyone do this? Should (can) I have a no compete clause to keep them from selling complete programs to my clients?

Thanks

Hodge
11-20-2002, 10:51 PM
Having a no compete clause will help, but that is still no garauntee (sp) that they will not off a complete package.. and the customer will accept. The decision is still the customers..

KLR
11-21-2002, 07:45 AM
Tom, we do many landscaper accounts, similar to what you're asking here. You should have no problem finding somebody to take care of the pesticide applications. As far as a noncompete, not really needed unless the guy you hire is a fool.

This is what i mean, you maintain lawns (doesn't matter if its 10 lawns or 1000 lawns) you should be considered an 'easy sale'. you get the account (the hard part), you call me i go out and spray weeds (the easy part), now i could talk directly to homeowner and sell more of my services, but why would i jeperdize my relation with you, my 'easy sale'?

make sence?

now this is only if you are not dealing with the large national companies. if you deal with them, they will solicit your accounts and take them away.

good luck