PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4s

Larson Lawn Care
12-30-2011, 07:04 PM
I was considering buying an iphone 4s. It seems to have a lot of benefits to my business. If you have one, what do you like best about it for your business?

sweetland
12-30-2011, 07:11 PM
I have the 4 which is the same just without Siri. I RUN my business off this phone. I have my calendar which synchs to my comp automatically so I alwYs know what I'm doing, I have a tasks page, te maps on it are amazing and you can always find your way no matter if you are in the city or in the woods (got lost off roading and helped so much), the voicemail you can see it on the screen vs having to listen to it and hope they tell you their number. The Internet is amazing if you have to look stuff up quick that either is for a bid or just for shits n giggles. The pictures are incredible and show great detail, the best is email being right there so you never miss a customers email and you can synch it to your website like I did. Any questions I will gladly answer for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

gusbuster
12-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Not knocking the iphone other than its restriction of having to buy\download even if free from apple. They are good, but it sucks that you only have 2 carriers who can use the iphone(at least in my area) verizon or at&t. all

I also use my phone for contacts, schedule appoitments, excel and word and even use a foldable keybord and for estimating via gps(don't know if they have that) square footage, material needed ect....... all on an android software phone.

much more apps are made for phones that operate on the android software and you got a choice of phones that you can use. I just don't like having to be stuck with one type of phone that I can use.

Don't get me wrong, iphones are great phones. BUT i will never forget when Steve Jobs was intorducing the original Iphone during the Mac convention here in San Francisco at the Moscone Convention Center. When Mr.Jobs introduced the phone, he had to use a film presentation because there was no at&t service available, yet motorola came out with the droid at the same time. They were letting the macphobes use there droid phones to place phone calls and use some of the apps that were available for free.

John

gusbuster
12-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Not knocking the iphone other than its restriction of having to buy\download even if free from apple. They are good, but it sucks that you only have 2 carriers who can use the iphone(at least in my area) verizon or at&t. all

I also use my phone for contacts, schedule appoitments, excel and word and even use a foldable keybord and for estimating via gps(don't know if they have that) square footage, material needed ect....... all on an android software phone.

much more apps are made for phones that operate on the android software and you got a choice of phones that you can use. I just don't like having to be stuck with one type of phone that I can use.

Don't get me wrong, iphones are great phones. BUT i will never forget when Steve Jobs was intorducing the original Iphone during the Mac convention here in San Francisco at the Moscone Convention Center. When Mr.Jobs introduced the phone, he had to use a film presentation because there was no at&t service available, yet motorola came out with the droid at the same time. They were letting the macphobes use there droid phones to place phone calls and use some of the apps that were available for free.

John

chipk1
12-30-2011, 08:17 PM
I used to be an IPhone user, but have moved on to Android. I use my phone to keep service schedules, keep track of the summer popup rain showers, make photo copies of receipts and checks for accounting purposes, etc. I would be lost without it. I like the Android better because if you root it, the updates are much better than Apple. Apple's updates always degrade the performance of the older phones. I rooted my Android and have upgraded the OS several times using the CoreDroid rom and it is still as fast as it was new. Even though it is 2 years old. :)

Plus when rooted, you can get apps from several sources, you are not limited to one source like Apple. I also get a free wireless access point for my Android Tablet and laptop using my Android phone as a wireless router:)

You can jail break an IPhone, but Apple always tries to break the jail break, Android roms doesn't.

Android is a better value IMHO.

chipk1
12-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Forget to mention that with Android, you contacts and appointments are accessible through your google account and your android phone. SO you can do scheduling on the PC or the phone.

agrostis
12-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Smartphone's have a place but let's look at some of the fact's.

A top of the line iPhone 4s without a plan - 849.00

A top of the line iPhone 4s with a plan - 399.00

You have to have voice plan AND a data plan - 70.00 a month.

So you have to pay and that is the plan. ALL their stuff is overpriced. The apple fans have been convinced that they need these gadget's and they are willing to pay for that. If that's what you want, have at it. I will stick with my 50.00 motorola.

sweetland
12-30-2011, 09:50 PM
All of the stuff everyone said about Droids is also true for iPhone. You can buy a case with a keyboard, you can use excel or word, you and synch it to your comp and have it automatically update without even being anywhere near your house. Yes it sucks you have to buy just from the apple store but its all worth it in the end. I have att and have no issues. I have 950 anytime roll over minutes which at this point i have SOO many minutes rolled over that I'm set for life, i have unlimited texting and unlimited data. My monthly bill with tax is about $110 but if you get the lower mins and be careful for the first couple months and you roll over some mins you will be fine

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
12-30-2011, 10:59 PM
I used to be an iphone user but I just switched to an android phone (samsung galaxy s captivate II)

:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

Larson Lawn Care
12-31-2011, 12:28 AM
I didn't even consider an android. I thought iphones were top of the line.

TriCityLawnCareLLC
12-31-2011, 07:38 AM
I just made the switch form Android to Iphone this month. So far i am extremely pleased. I did like Android, but my Iphone 4s is so user friendly and it really preform all options as mentioned above. I love Siri, i can be on the fly and i'll have her schedule apts, set alarms, take notes, email people, text people, call people etc. The only draw back i've had so far is there seem to be a nation-wide glitch (no matter which carrier you're on) to where you drop 3g signal, randomly. Apparently Apple is aware of this and have promised an update to correct the problem. I also have and Ipad2 which is a big reason i switched to iphone (other than my droid pooped out on me, and my sister is on her 4th replacement droid due to operating issues) I'm not going to argue which is better, but so far i like the iphone 4s much better than my old droid.

chipk1
12-31-2011, 08:41 AM
I agree that the IPhone used to be more user friendly, but not so much anymore Android has grown into a very user friendly OS

Android is based more towards the Techie crowd The IPhone is based more towards the "I am a techie" but really not so Techie crowd

If apple wan't so tight with their OS, they would be OK Perhaps that will change now that "NO FLASH" Jobs has left us NO disrespect meant

t608
12-31-2011, 09:34 AM
If apple wan't so tight with their OS, they would be OK Perhaps that will change now that "NO FLASH" Jobs has left us NO disrespect meant

Actually just last month adobe gave up trying to get apple to allow them to make flash player. It sucks not having flash, the videos you can watch are you tubes.

PLS-Tx
12-31-2011, 12:18 PM
We bought my wife an iphone 4s for Christmas and she hasn't put it down yet. :laugh:

I think she likes it, I do too.

We have both owned several different Blackberrys over the past few years.

The iphone blows the BBs away.

The only thing she doesn't like about the iphone is the way the keyboard is layed out. The BB keyboard is easier to text with, I agree.

We have never owned a Droid but our daughter had the Droid X. She now has a iphone 4s and likes it much better than the droid.

I can see me using Siri a lot while working, I think I will be getting an iphone.

sweetland
12-31-2011, 09:23 PM
Best thing would to go play with one at the apple store and say to them, "show me how to run dnt biz on this phone" and they will
Posted via Mobile Device

t608
12-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Best thing would to go play with one at the apple store and say to them, "show me how to run dnt biz on this phone" and they will
Posted via Mobile Device

Would be nice if you could test these phones out before you sign up for two years. I have the iphone but I wished the screen was a little bigger like the Samsung.

sweetland
12-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Would be nice if you could test these phones out before you sign up for two years. I have the iphone but I wished the screen was a little bigger like the Samsung.

But you also get used to it and everything looks proportional on the screen. The size of the iPhone is perfect for everyday use and in your pocket
Posted via Mobile Device

Larson Lawn Care
01-01-2012, 03:52 PM
I am waiting on Sprint to accept my early upgrade. It has been frustrating, but I think by tuesday, I will have the iphone 4s. I have the blackberry now and I constantly text and email while in the truck. I will definitely benefit from Siri. I usually email my daily work once a month to my secretary. I will be emailing work daily with the iphone. I am going to set reminders for myself, take pictures for my website, utilize the gps(not sure if this costs more?), schedule estimates etc., faster internet and I'm sure many other features. I can't wait

sweetland
01-01-2012, 06:07 PM
I am waiting on Sprint to accept my early upgrade. It has been frustrating, but I think by tuesday, I will have the iphone 4s. I have the blackberry now and I constantly text and email while in the truck. I will definitely benefit from Siri. I usually email my daily work once a month to my secretary. I will be emailing work daily with the iphone. I am going to set reminders for myself, take pictures for my website, utilize the gps(not sure if this costs more?), schedule estimates etc., faster internet and I'm sure many other features. I can't wait

The good thing with sprint is that they are the only carrier to still offer unlimited data. I just went today with my gf to get her 4s and she loves it so far, you cannot go wrong with this phone. Siri will change your life and for gps its free if you use the maps app that comes with it. Good luck and any questions just ask em

bobcat_ron
01-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Long live BlackBerries.
Posted via Mobile Device

chipk1
01-01-2012, 10:55 PM
The good thing with sprint is that they are the only carrier to still offer unlimited data.
Got grandfatherd in at AT&T :D

sweetland
01-01-2012, 11:00 PM

same here! :cool2:

PLS-Tx
02-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Well, after playing with my wifes iphone for the past few weeks I decided to get one.

So far I really like it.

Siri is very nice to have and it's much faster than our Blackberrys were.

mkarps
02-13-2012, 01:13 PM

How's that working for you now? :hammerhead:

I am grandfathered in on my Galaxy Nexus with Verizon...at this rate who knows for how long though....

cmturner
02-14-2012, 04:38 AM
I love my Iphone, A good friend of mine fell victim to the anti apple crowd a few weeks ago. He had the 3gs and moved over to a new droid based phone and now he hates it compared to his old 3gs. He is actually considering kicking up the cash to buy a 4S just outright.

Oh a disclaimer here, the only Apple product I have ever owned is the Iphone, so i am no apple fan boy; but when something is good, its good!!

swoods33
02-14-2012, 10:47 AM
I have had my iphone4 about 2 months now and I haven't really used it for the business aspect yet but I am just starting out this year but other than having to learn iTunes it is a great phone 4.5 stars from me.
Posted via Mobile Device

PLS-Tx
02-14-2012, 12:32 PM
I have had my iphone4 about 2 months now and I haven't really used it for the business aspect yet but I am just starting out this year but other than having to learn iTunes it is a great phone 4.5 stars from me.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know what you sayin about learing itunes. Thankfully my wife and daughter have an iphone so they have been able to show me everything.

I have never been much of a game player but there are some cool ones on here.

Hanging with freinds and air hockey are two that I been playing.

You can play with other iphone users. Something to do in the off season.

Also, I have tried several weather apps and Weather Bug Elite seems to be a really good one. Much faster to zoom in on the radar than my Blackberry.

mkarps
02-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Its a great phone for the layman....or if you want to look hip and cool. :laugh: But if you want customization go with a DROOOOIIIIID.

Mikegyver
02-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Its a great phone for the layman....or if you want to look hip and cool. :laugh: But if you want customization go with a DROOOOIIIIID.
I have a android based phone and like it for the most part. Like you said it does seem to be easier to customize stuff on it vs Iphone The only problems I have is that sometimes the screen freezes, it does not like sweat, and it keeps trying to call people when I have certain things plugged into the AUX jack.
BTW, if you can go verizion. ATT network is a total joke.

Mike