PDA

View Full Version : Kosher to make offer on enclosed trailer?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Guys,

I am in the process of pricing out an enclosed trailer for my operation.
Is it generally accepted to make a reasonable offer to dealers for a trailer? Can you work it like a car deal? OR is their price their price take it or leave it?
Just curious have never bought a multi $K trailer b/f.

ecurbthims
01-02-2012, 04:37 PM
why not ? if you dont like the price,suggest something you do like ,or ask for their best price .

lawns4life
01-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Yes it should be negotiable to an extent. I bought an open trailer this year. They wanted $1500 plus tax, I got it for $1400 out the door

unkownfl
01-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Everything is negotiable when it comes to my money.

meador56
01-02-2012, 09:40 PM
All they can do is say no. and they rarely do.

davidcalhoun
01-03-2012, 01:09 AM
I agree with everything above. It's your money. Let the trailer guys know that they have to make it worth your while or you can go somewhere else.

As meador56 wrote, the worst thing they can say is "no". We all heard "no" in high school but that never stop us from asking again.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-03-2012, 09:07 PM
OK I will be aggressive then.

Also, I have been getting estimates on a 7x14', v-nose, enclosed trailer with back ramp and side door (steel frame, AL skin) right around $4,250 from multiple vendors. Different trailer brands but the pricing is coming in very similar. Does this seem like good pricing to you?
Stealth and Diamond Cargo are among the suitors.....

PlantscapeSolutions
01-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Trailers like Pace and Wells Cargo have territories so it's harder to price shop and it's done this way to help protect dealer prices. You need to find at least one other trailer dealer with the same trailer and make sure they are aware your going to be buying ASAP and that your not just a tire kicker. Once your local place knows they have some competition often they will start to deal better. Just check the trailer manufactures website to find the other dealers.

I went back and forth multiple times between two dealerships and it saved me at least $300 - $500. Be a hard azz and don't be afraid to just walk away and make them call you back.

Jbh0724
01-15-2012, 06:05 PM
I need to take some notes from you. 300k in sales with only 3 employees. Sounds like you have a nice operation. I am assuming that is yearly.

PlantscapeSolutions
01-15-2012, 06:31 PM
I need to take some notes from you. 300k in sales with only 3 employees. Sounds like you have a nice operation. I am assuming that is yearly.

Being diverse in your service mix helps a bunch. You can see some pictures of my operation in the Picture section under Plantscape Solutions.