PDA

View Full Version : Payroll services

MarkintheGarden
01-02-2012, 09:48 PM
I am looking into payroll services and an accountant just suggested Intuit quickbook payroll services. The service requires that you use quickbooks.

I am curious about this and other payroll services, costs and experiences. Please post with what service you are using, and what the costs and experiences have been.

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
01-02-2012, 09:55 PM
We use Paychex. Costs me about thirty dollars per week ,for four workers. They take care of all paperwork and reporting. They also offer comp if you don't have it. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr.NewEarth
01-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Have you ever used Quickbooks? It can be tough to learn and get it up running properly. Banks also offer payroll services for a fee.

If you're a small company, why not just do it by hand?

My government has a free service. You go to the website, plug in the gross amount of money the employee has earned and the calculations are automatically done for taxes, pension plan and unemployment insurance. I print that off and give them a copy with their pay.

Perhaps you can also see what your state government can do for you and save some money right now.

MarkintheGarden
01-04-2012, 09:32 AM
I did not know that the Canadian government has that, a tax calculation program. That would be to much common sense here in the U.S.

McFarland_Lawn_Care
01-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I used Advantage Payroll but I hear Paychex is about the same - both good companies and pretty simple to setup and use. They offered me a deal on workers comp too but I already had policy in place.

DuallyVette
01-11-2012, 10:54 PM
I use QuicBooks Pro. QB Pro 2012 w/enchance payroll is cheapest at Costco for $259.95. I bought it last week at Office Max on sale for 249.95 ( $100 off )