PDA

View Full Version : insurance

bsmelancon1024
01-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Looking to start my own small grass cutting business, and would like to get into real estate companies to cut also. They need people licensed and insured. I would like to know what the lowest insurance I should/could get? Thanks for any help.

GreenI.A.
01-07-2012, 02:24 PM
talk to the real estate companies and ask what they require of their subs. On another note, what is the purppose have having the absolute lowest insurance you need? The purpose of insurance is to protect you and anyone or anything you might damage or injure. If you could do it without insurance would you? Are you working now without insurance?

mkarps
01-07-2012, 03:20 PM
i pay about $400 annually for a general liability policy. I went through a broker recommended by some colleagues.

bsmelancon1024
01-09-2012, 01:09 PM
talk to the real estate companies and ask what they require of their subs. On another note, what is the purppose have having the absolute lowest insurance you need? The purpose of insurance is to protect you and anyone or anything you might damage or injure. If you could do it without insurance would you? Are you working now without insurance?

I appologize for saying that I need cheapest insurance. What I would like to know if possible instead of like a million dollar coverage would it be ok to have say $250,000 coverage. What is the coverage that alot of grass cutting companies get. If most of them get a million dollar coverage, I would not think twice about it. but if alot of companies think that a lower amount of coverage would be good enough then that is what i would like to do.

GreenI.A.
01-09-2012, 06:10 PM
My post may have come off as harsh, there are alot of guys who do not recognize or appreciate the need for insurnace. Those are usually the same guys who do not understand the need to pay taxes or fallow local business laws/regulations either. I interpreted your original post as you just looking for the abesolute minumum coverage so that you can say that you are covered.

Just talk to multiple agents and have them each get you quotes for multiple carriers. My agent got me the best quote through The Hartford, but what you do for services could differ what carrier is best. Being a new company you may find that some carriers will not cover you. I would say most guys have insurance in the 250k range. My coverage is 1 million because one of my contractors who I work heavily for requires it. You'll find when getting quotes that going from one tear to the next isn't usually to much more for the premium.

jsslawncare
01-09-2012, 06:40 PM
$650.000 for $400.00 yearly. I wouldn't leave home with out it.