PDA

View Full Version : veterans cemetery

1idejim
01-03-2012, 04:41 PM
i had a little wire sorting project over the holidays, seems that the GC on an expansion project at the veterans cemetery near me had to provide the irrigation contractor with wire locations due to damages that were preventable.

these guys were actually tearing wires out of the ground on one end of the project while i was working on the other end of the site.

i spent about 8 hrs looking for a suitable place for the irrigator to splice new lines. my tdr and locator findings were all under new sidewalk so i located the wire paths, sorted and identified each wire numerous times in VB's and in the ground.

Sprinkus
01-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Some guys get all of the fun jobs!
Nice work, Jim.
Wish I could of been there to help! :waving:

1idejim
01-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Wish I could of been there to help! :waving:

what a hoot that would have been, i feel that i would have learned a bunch working with you.

i have had the pleasure of talking to hoskmo, mike leary, bernie and his man mike, devin, justin, AI steve, eddie, mitchgo, azgardener, waterlogged, inspired, irrigator to name a few. i have met personally argos, peter and john malt. you and danamac are on my list, sprinkus :waving:

DanaMac
01-03-2012, 06:50 PM
you and danamac are on my list, sprinkus :waving:

Awww.... shucks :waving:

I think at last count, I have met 11 guys from LS. hoskmo, stuttering stan, fimco, argos, tomtom, bicmudpuppy, sprinklerguy, and 3 other guys here in town that are lawn guys mainly. I think I'm forgetting one or two.

Mike Leary
01-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Nice pics and, especially, nice work, Jim. Not many of us out here who would put their ass on a sling to locate & I.D. that mess. I have to hand it to the original installer who provided plenty of wire just in case this happened. :clapping:

Waterlogged
01-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Hats off,:clapping: Jim I don't know very many guys around here that would know were to start, looks fun to me.

Mike Leary
01-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Nice pic of Jim at the Locator's Hall of Fame Awards in Barstow yesterday.

Stuttering Stan
01-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Jim- I envy your locating knowledge. Have you considered doing a video training to share your knowledge with others?

1idejim
01-03-2012, 11:04 PM
here's a few more pictures.

i am at the LHFA every year Mike, great gig parking cars, good tips:)

i have talked to stan also, yes but i am going to finish my manual first. and yes it's getting closer

drfrumpy
01-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Wow, what in incredible skill you have!

Sprinkus
01-06-2012, 08:44 AM
what a hoot that would have been, i feel that i would have learned a bunch working with you.

Well, as far as locates go, I have developed storming off in absolute frustration to an art form.

Kiril
01-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Well, as far as locates go, I have developed storming off in absolute frustration to an art form.

http://www.buzzpirates.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/caddyshack.jpg (http://www.buzzpirates.com/)

Wet_Boots
01-06-2012, 11:02 AM
so what's in the Folgers container?

DanaMac
01-06-2012, 11:44 AM
so what's in the Folgers container?

A Classic Roast made from Mountain Grown® beans, the world’s richest and most aromatic. And to lock in the aroma, Folgers® has developed the AromaSeal® canister. The hallmark of Folgers Coffee, Folgers Classic Roast has been The Best Part of Wakin’ Up™ for more than 150 years—and for good reason.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

txirrigation
01-06-2012, 03:20 PM

Been there, done that, got the t'shirt; but I blame it all on my ex-wife.

Seriously though, I have been on more than one job with a cluster (mess) of wires and thought to myself... I wish that one eye'd guy lived in TX, bc I would bill him out for $500 an hr. Then quickly thought... yup I would give up an eye.

I had one mess where a large shopping center had been parted out to three owners. After using a hack company to split up the sprinkler system, they would turn on zone 3 at the Wal-greens and have a zone at the bar-b-q joint pop up 800yrds away.

That was around a 30 DD duracell battery job.

Honestly, you need to document your knowledge. It is impressive.

1idejim
01-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Been there, done that, got the t'shirt; but I blame it all on my ex-wife.

Seriously though, I have been on more than one job with a cluster (mess) of wires and thought to myself... I wish that one eye'd guy lived in TX, bc I would bill him out for $500 an hr. Then quickly thought... yup I would give up an eye.

I had one mess where a large shopping center had been parted out to three owners. After using a hack company to split up the sprinkler system, they would turn on zone 3 at the Wal-greens and have a zone at the bar-b-q joint pop up 800yrds away.

That was around a 30 DD duracell battery job.

Honestly, you need to document your knowledge. It is impressive.

as far as i am concerned the best locator on this forum, maybe in the country, lives in San Antonio.

the eye thing were all that great, the lines for eyeball removal would spill into the streets.

i thank you for the compliment but if i am a step ahead of anyone, it is because i specialize in locating, i don't specialize in sprinklers. :waving:

Sprinkus
01-06-2012, 08:54 PM
And what type of grounding do YOU use for your locators? ;)
Good advice from another f'rum that a certain mono vision dude hangs out at.
Personally I liked the drink poll. :laugh: