PDA

View Full Version : Locator Repair

irritation
01-04-2012, 03:15 PM
I have an old Progressive 501 tracker that's about 30 years old. I called Greenlee and spoke to a woman about getting it rebuilt and she said they no longer work on the old ones that are blue with white lettering. I would really like to get it repaired because it's been a great locator and I use it more than my 521. Do I need to buy a new one or is there somewhere else I can send it out for rebuild?

Sprinkus
01-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Have you taken it apart to check and see if you might be able to repair the problem yourself?

irritation
01-06-2012, 05:56 AM
Yes, age and moisture has taken a toll. It looks like both transmitter and receiver need rebuilt. It still works but not very well.

1idejim
01-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Yes, age and moisture has taken a toll. It looks like both transmitter and receiver need rebuilt. It still works but not very well.

removing the batteries when in long term storage really helps to prevent corrosion, a bag of silica tosses in the unit doesn't hurt either.

check your PM's:)

Wet_Boots
01-06-2012, 01:11 PM
locator problems give you PMS? ;)

1idejim
01-06-2012, 01:20 PM
locator problems give you PMS? ;)

one eyed guy and a monkey walk into a bar and order a couple of beers, the barkeep says, "we don't get many one eyed guys in here":hammerhead:

Kiril
01-06-2012, 02:38 PM
What does the one eyed monkey do .... assuming the monkey is not in the pocket?

Kiril
01-06-2012, 02:45 PM
one eyed guy and a monkey walk into a bar and order a couple of beers, the barkeep says, "we don't get many one eyed guys in here":hammerhead:

One sunny day a guy with wet boots and a possum walk into a bar and order a couple of beers. The barkeep asks "why are your boots all wet"? .... The guy hangs his head in shame and answers ..... "weak stream". The possum, also wet, nods in agreement. The possum then takes a swill of his beer, hops up on the counter, looks the guy right in the eye, then takes a dump in his bowl of pretzels ... points ... and laughs. :waving:

Wet_Boots
01-06-2012, 02:45 PM
"the monkey turned to the Pope, and said...."

Kiril
01-06-2012, 03:00 PM
After some time had passed, and many beers consumed, that damn possum was still laughing.

http://www.jonco48.com/blog/possum_small.jpg (http://www.jonco48.com/blog/)

1idejim
01-06-2012, 04:56 PM
you guys are just plain silly :)

since this is off topic, your post reply to mitchgo was one of the finest i have ever had the pleasure of reading kiril. :clapping: my hat is off to you