PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Aerator's at MN Green Expo

djagusch
01-04-2012, 08:54 PM
At the MN Green Expo Exmark had their aerator line up out.

21" Single hydro $3600
24" Dual hydro $5000
30" Ride on $9000

Pricing is from the dealer tags at the show. Just got them in for the Expo.

Pics are from the camera phone. Didn't see any lit and I taught the sales guy more about them then he knew.

I didn't spend much time looking at detail as I had some classes to go to. I'll be there tomorrow also. So if you want me to take a pic or look at something let me know.

Also Toro was showing the ride on only.

pieperlc
01-05-2012, 11:21 PM
They sure do look flashy with their red paint. I didn't know exmark was gonna brand them too, but I guess it makes sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

jfoxtrot9
01-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Just contacted my Exmark dealer. He told me he has only heard of them but knows nothing yet. I asked him to make a call. Looking forward to owning the Dual Hydro.:usflag:

djagusch
01-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Just contacted my Exmark dealer. He told me he has only heard of them but knows nothing yet. I asked him to make a call. Looking forward to owning the Dual Hydro.:usflag:

The exmark rep said something about jan 15 they should have the updated website with the aerators. Also any exmark dealer will be able to sell them.
Posted via Mobile Device

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Saw them today minus the single hydro unit (was shipped from the show to another show). I paid less for my Turfco than the Exmark unit anyway, so made the wise buy there. The dual hydro WB would be a nice future piece to have:)

Saw the Exmark branded Revitalizer too. $3600 I believe.

oomph
01-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I heard they made some design changes to the unit in order to get by patent issues with Turfco. Did you get any info on the changes?

djagusch
01-08-2012, 01:25 PM
The guys there didn't know much about the machines. I never saw a LS machine in person so I couldn't tell you the differences.
Posted via Mobile Device

jfoxtrot9
01-08-2012, 01:32 PM
I heard they made some design changes to the unit in order to get by patent issues with Turfco. Did you get any info on the changes?

Comparing all that I can see of the Exmark 21" and my LS machine, the only differences that I see is the control handles and the engine.

I have suspected all along, a lot more hogwash than actual truth with all these patent issues...

oomph
01-10-2012, 05:38 AM
Only time will tell, but the Exmark/Lawn Solutions product seems a tad more expensive than the Turfco at the moment.

grassmasterswilson
01-10-2012, 06:17 AM
any word on when dealers will have these in stock or be able to service them? I have a LS ride on and it could use an expert to go over the hydros, gears, and chains.

jfoxtrot9
01-10-2012, 06:57 AM
Only time will tell, but the Exmark/Lawn Solutions product seems a tad more expensive than the Turfco at the moment.

Being Turfco doesn't have a dual hydro or a ride-on, there is no price comparison. As far as the single hydro machine, after shipping, they are about the same.

jfoxtrot9
01-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Stopped in at my Exmark dealer today. Was told that the single hydro machine would be available mid Feb, the dual hydro not until July:confused: No mention of the ride on. The dealer was clueless to what these machines even are. I'm just fine with that. Why encourage the competition to own the easier, faster machines.

kennc38
01-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Being Turfco doesn't have a dual hydro or a ride-on, there is no price comparison. As far as the single hydro machine, after shipping, they are about the same.

Got my Turfco XT5 for $3100 - no sales tax and free shipping. The new Exmark single hydro will run you about $3800 - $3850 ($3600 + sales tax) based on the pricing given. That's about a $700 difference, which is over 20% - big difference in my opinion.

oomph
01-10-2012, 10:01 PM
yup, I'm pulling the trigger on two Turfco's tomorrow morning. Will post some videos on it this spring.

jfoxtrot9
01-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Got my Turfco XT5 for $3100 - no sales tax and free shipping. The new Exmark single hydro will run you about $3800 - $3850 ($3600 + sales tax) based on the pricing given. That's about a $700 difference, which is over 20% - big difference in my opinion.

That is a great deal for you! But you got that deal last fall. That is not the deal now. Otherwise you would be correct.

As far as the sales tax, the "no sales tax" is only if you illegally do not claim your purchase on your 2011 tax return.

Again, they are about the same price.

kennc38
01-11-2012, 09:16 AM
That is a great deal for you! But you got that deal last fall. That is not the deal now. Otherwise you would be correct.

As far as the sales tax, the "no sales tax" is only if you illegally do not claim your purchase on your 2011 tax return.

Again, they are about the same price.

My point is that Turfco frequently offers their aerators at 10% off and free shipping, which does make them considerably less than the Exmark single hydro. Again, a $500 difference, not "about the same price".

As far as the sales tax, yes you are correct it should be claimed on your tax return, but this amount would cancel out when comparing the two prices and would even be lower with the price of the Turfco being lower ($3100 versus $3600). Just make sure you claim all of your online sales tax, which includes purchase from online retailers such as Amazon and others not located in your state. I don't want anybody to be doing anything "illegal" now. :)

Service 1st Lawn Care
01-11-2012, 01:23 PM
My point would be if your in the market for a single hydro, and these units are priced about the same. Why would you not buy a Turfco dependable proven product outstanding parts and customer service. Units ready to go and parts on the shelf.

Exmark, Toro or who ever carries the old LS line, when will they be available, where and when will parts be available?

Bottom line XT5 ready and parts in stock.

ted putnam
01-11-2012, 02:37 PM
My point would be if your in the market for a single hydro, and these units are priced about the same. Why would you not buy a Turfco dependable proven product outstanding parts and customer service. Units ready to go and parts on the shelf.

Exmark, Toro or who ever carries the old LS line, when will they be available, where and when will parts be available?

Good point. So is the one mentioned about the price difference. $500 is $500! I did look at the Turfco website around Christmas as well as right after January 1. The price for the XT5 went from $3295 to $3395 in the matter of a weeks time. I guess everyone has to have a price increase sometime.:cry:

jfoxtrot9
01-11-2012, 03:12 PM
My point is that Turfco frequently offers their aerators at 10% off and free shipping, which does make them considerably less than the Exmark single hydro. Again, a $500 difference, not "about the same price".

As far as the sales tax, yes you are correct it should be claimed on your tax return, but this amount would cancel out when comparing the two prices and would even be lower with the price of the Turfco being lower ($3100 versus $3600). Just make sure you claim all of your online sales tax, which includes purchase from online retailers such as Amazon and others not located in your state. I don't want anybody to be doing anything "illegal" now. :)

Kennc, I am sure at this point, you probably think that I have an ax to grind and I can assure you that I do not. But this price difference that you keep coming up with is misleading if someone doesn't take the time to follow what you are saying. You did get a good deal with 10% off and free shipping when you bought your machine at $3100. BUT, that IS NOT the price of the machine right now. It is $3400. After shipping of about $200, the cost of that machine comes to $3600. So, I guess you're right, it isn't "about the same", it IS THE SAME. That's not a $500 difference, it's a $0.00 difference.

If they continue to make 10% off offers with free shipping, well then it is no brainer, I would save the money too. But currently, those offers are not being made. Now, as far as owning one of their machines, I would be fully confident in doing so. I would have no problem putting confidence in their customer service from what I have been reading and hearing.

This is a very good argument indeed. From what I have gathered, Exmark dealers are no where near ready to fully market these machines just yet. Most of us know more about their line of aerators than they do!

kennc38
01-11-2012, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=jfoxtrot9;4270401]Kennc, I am sure at this point, you probably think that I have an ax to grind and I can assure you that I do not. But this price difference that you keep coming up with is misleading if someone doesn't take the time to follow what you are saying. You did get a good deal with 10% off and free shipping when you bought your machine at $3100. BUT, that IS NOT the price of the machine right now. It is $3400. After shipping of about $200, the cost of that machine comes to $3600. So, I guess you're right, it isn't "about the same", it IS THE SAME. That's not a $500 difference, it's a $0.00 difference.

If they continue to make 10% off offers with free shipping, well then it is no brainer, I would save the money too. But currently, those offers are not being made. Now, as far as owning one of their machines, I would be fully confident in doing so. I would have no problem putting confidence in their customer service from what I have been reading and hearing.QUOTE]

I never said that was the cost RIGHT NOW and I am not trying to be misleading. Please re-read my post. If you or anyone else believes my posts were misleading, then I apologize as that was not my intent. However, if someone is willing to spend several thousand dollars, then hopefully they will take the time to follow my post and do their homework first as we're not talking about pocket change.

I said that they periodically they offer the 10% discount and free shipping. If you're planning to buy an aerator right now, then yes you are correct, the prices are pretty much the same. However, if you are willing to wait a little while, I'm sure that Turfco will run the same deal with 10% off and free shipping which will make about a $500 price difference. Most people who were discussing purchasing an aerator last year and who were weighing their options between LS and Turfco were looking at purchasing them in the summer for the Fall season, which is when Turfco offered the lower pricing and free shipping that I am referring to.

RABBITMAN11
01-12-2012, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE=jfoxtrot9;4270401]Kennc, I am sure at this point, you probably think that I have an ax to grind and I can assure you that I do not. But this price difference that you keep coming up with is misleading if someone doesn't take the time to follow what you are saying. You did get a good deal with 10% off and free shipping when you bought your machine at $3100. BUT, that IS NOT the price of the machine right now. It is $3400. After shipping of about $200, the cost of that machine comes to $3600. So, I guess you're right, it isn't "about the same", it IS THE SAME. That's not a $500 difference, it's a $0.00 difference.

If they continue to make 10% off offers with free shipping, well then it is no brainer, I would save the money too. But currently, those offers are not being made. Now, as far as owning one of their machines, I would be fully confident in doing so. I would have no problem putting confidence in their customer service from what I have been reading and hearing.QUOTE]

I never said that was the cost RIGHT NOW and I am not trying to be misleading. Please re-read my post. If you or anyone else believes my posts were misleading, then I apologize as that was not my intent. However, if someone is willing to spend several thousand dollars, then hopefully they will take the time to follow my post and do their homework first as we're not talking about pocket change.

I said that they periodically they offer the 10% discount and free shipping. If you're planning to buy an aerator right now, then yes you are correct, the prices are pretty much the same. However, if you are willing to wait a little while, I'm sure that Turfco will run the same deal with 10% off and free shipping which will make about a $500 price difference. Most people who were discussing purchasing an aerator last year and who were weighing their options between LS and Turfco were looking at purchasing them in the summer for the Fall season, which is when Turfco offered the lower pricing and free shipping that I am referring to.

After running a dual Hydro none of you would even consider buying the single hydro. YOu guys should wait and check out the dual hydro much easier to run and faster. Makes aeration so much easier. FYI

Service 1st Lawn Care
01-12-2012, 09:37 AM
I agree with you on that, but I waited and waited and waited for my dual and never did get. There is no info out there as to when these will be produced some folks can't wait for ever.

I'm sure the folks at Toro and Exmark will be much better at customer service then LS was, but then again why bring to shows if the product is not ready to be shipped. To me that is just dangling the carrot.

RABBITMAN11
01-12-2012, 10:10 AM
I would still wait until its available. Nothing worse than buying something and soon after you buy something better comes out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Service 1st Lawn Care
01-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Would somewhat agree with that, but new things are suppose to be better easier and more productive so I suppose you could be waiting. forever. At some point you just have to pull the trigger and get some work done.

I would have loved to have a dual but they just kept dangling the carrot. It's coming wait a few more weeks wait a few more months.

kennc38
01-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Would somewhat agree with that, but new things are suppose to be better easier and more productive so I suppose you could be waiting. forever. At some point you just have to pull the trigger and get some work done.

I would have loved to have a dual but they just kept dangling the carrot. It's coming wait a few more weeks wait a few more months.

I demoed the dual hydro and loved the way it felt and operated. However, when LS sold out to Toro, I was very hesitant about purchasing one and glad I didn't because I would have been left without an aerator last year if I hadn't decided to purchase the XT5.

With a price tag of $5000 and not knowing exactly what has been changed from the original LS version, I'm very hesitant to even consider in the near future.

jfoxtrot9
01-12-2012, 01:20 PM
I agree with you on that, but I waited and waited and waited for my dual and never did get. There is no info out there as to when these will be produced some folks can't wait for ever.

I'm sure the folks at Toro and Exmark will be much better at customer service then LS was, but then again why bring to shows if the product is not ready to be shipped. To me that is just dangling the carrot.

My Exmark dealer called Exmark while I stood there waiting for info. He was told by Exmark that the Dual Hydro would be out by July. In time for fall aerations for us northern guys. The single hydro by mid Febuary of this year.

Service 1st Lawn Care
01-12-2012, 01:31 PM
My Exmark dealer called Exmark while I stood there waiting for info. He was told by Exmark that the Dual Hydro would be out by July. In time for fall aerations for us northern guys. The single hydro by mid Febuary of this year.

If they have a waiting list I would get on it now no indication of how many units they plan on building? As far as the time line, I guess time will tell

Service 1st Lawn Care
01-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Exmark and Toro are stand up company's I'm sure these aerators will be top of the line.

pikewillis1
01-24-2012, 08:15 PM
The Toro and Exmark aerators are the same machine with different decals. We sell these aerators to wherever you are in the U.S. We currently sell the 21" single hydro and the 30" ride on.

We do not know when the 24" dual will be available as of today.

We will start selling parts for the lawn solutions machines sometime in february. We just have to wait till Toro tells us we can start.

Any questions on this equipment call me
Trey
703 919 5291

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-25-2012, 10:26 AM
meanwhile, you can buy the XT5 Turfco and aerate right now and let the other mess shake out itself.

S-205
01-25-2012, 08:48 PM
I guess these units would use a lot of parts that eXmark already has parts and designs for because they come off their walk behind units or standers. Things like gas tanks, controls, hydros, etc. Smart idea moving in this direction, because loyal eXmark customers can have a lot of their equipment being taken care of under one manufacturer.

docjones
01-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Exmark website now shows all sizes of what used to be Lawn Solutions aerators. The 24" dual hydro has an availability date of July 2012. I talked to Exmark dealer today. The are supposedly going to offer a 500.00 instant rebate on these machines this summer which should ease the pain somewhat of it's 5000.00 price tag.

LCPullman
02-01-2012, 04:10 PM
BTW. Exmark says that these units will fall under their fleet program which means those who qualify for fleet will get substantially better pricing.