PDA

View Full Version : Fall clean up rig set up (insert, loader, pulling trailer)

djagusch
01-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Here is my set up which works well with little physical work and you can have a trailer behind it. It solves the problem of lifting the loader on/off, being able to tow a trailer, and not mounting the loader on the trailer.

Basically swing away the loader, pull the rear door (going to improve that), and dump the load. Small loads you can have the trailer still hooked up. Large loads I disconnect the trailer before unloading.

It has a Truckcaft 8ft dump insert (bought used $2000), a Billy goat leaf loader (used $900), Billy Goat swing away mount (new $700), Trac Vac bed cover (used $350), and a custom mount to attach the swing away to the dump insert ($200). $4150 total.

lawnprosteveo
01-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Pretty cool setup. How often do you have to dump?

djagusch
01-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Depends on the jobs for the day. I have some large jobs that can fill it twice, but again they are large. The loader packs them in good so that helps a lot. Again just depends on the days workload. I think at a 12 acre cemetery with a lot of trees we probably dump it 6 times in a day. 2 to 3 mower/baggers going the whole time.
Posted via Mobile Device

JLSLLC
01-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Like the setup!