PDA

View Full Version : Help me put this back together.

Danscapes
01-05-2012, 04:45 PM
I took apart my Stihl FS-90 to replace the throttle cable (which was easy enough) but now putting the handle back together is the tricky part. I figured out how all of the triggers and springs go back together, but I cant figure out how to get the kill switch back in. Anybody done this or have a diagram as to how it goes back together?

unkownfl
01-05-2012, 09:38 PM
I took apart my Stihl FS-90 to replace the throttle cable (which was easy enough) but now putting the handle back together is the tricky part. I figured out how all of the triggers and springs go back together, but I cant figure out how to get the kill switch back in. Anybody done this or have a diagram as to how it goes back together?

Best bet is to take apart another one and pay attention. I still have to do this. all of the stihl stuff use the same hand assemble that i've seen.

waters lawn care
01-06-2012, 09:20 AM
pm me i will send you a pic if give me a phone # its a pic i took with my phone

MrOPEguy
01-06-2012, 09:50 AM

Here's the instructions, with pictures.

fixer67
01-06-2012, 08:40 PM
What is up with Stihl throttle control linkages any way. They seem to be designed by Rube Goldberg. Where one or two parts would do the same job they have 15. Never will understand that.

MrOPEguy
01-06-2012, 08:49 PM
What is up with Stihl throttle control linkages any
way. They seem to be designed by Rube Goldberg. Where one or two parts would do the same job they have 15. Never will understand that.
Dude, I don't know. I have selling and servicing Stihl for over 15 years and I am still asking that question.
Posted via Mobile Device

Danscapes
01-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Well it went back together easier that I was making it out to be. LOL! I was having a dee dee dee moment......turns out once you take the plastic "protector" off of the kill switch it goes right in! All along I have it on there and was trying to install it like that.:hammerhead: Thanks for the responses guys.