PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I will b mowing on a three week cycle

williams lcm
01-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Between the frost and the last 2 nights below freezing in my area. I will most likely be mowing every three weeks. I drove by some today but did not need cutting. My cutting week. All shrubs are trimmed neatly, no leaves on driveway basically nothing to do. I guess I will keep on driving. How are the lawns looking in your area? I have seen some guys cutting when they don't look like they need cutting. I guess they are just trying to make noise to look like something is being done. I drove buy other lco houses and their trucks are parked. I guess they are inside watching tv or sleeping.

unkownfl
01-05-2012, 09:27 PM
i cut a few today that didn't need cutting but I'm going away to NYC next two weeks.

stickleylawncare
01-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Got back from a two week Xmas/New Years break and most of the annual customers didnt need cutting, mostly just picking up fallen fronds and a bit of blowing leaves off of things. Will start removing them as they fall more heavily.

BCboy
01-05-2012, 10:03 PM
You guy are lucky to be able to work at yard maintenance most of the year.
Up here (Canada) we work about 8 months (March-Nov) but we make enough to sit the rest of the year.

justanotherlawnguy
01-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Everybody's on 3 weeks!!!!! Finally
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
01-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Everybody's on 3 weeks!!!!! Finally
Posted via Mobile Device

That's what I'm sayin!!
Posted via Mobile Device

jvanvliet
01-06-2012, 07:49 AM
No frost, no freeze, still cutting every two weeks.

williams lcm
01-06-2012, 08:40 AM
I love the smell of cut grass year round. They say it helps promote positive mood. I dont know if this is true. I know what it is like to be up north with the snow. Especially Canada. You can have it. I hate the cold and don't like to shovel. I rather to be in a t-shirt and shorts most of the year.

Patriot Services
01-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Checking on yards right now. No growth and browning turf. Winter annuals still look ok. Tampa hasn't had a real freeze yet. Still waiting for the acorns to drop. That storm they are predicting for next week should be interesting.
Posted via Mobile Device

williams lcm
01-06-2012, 10:50 AM
What storm do we have next week? have not heard anything

Patriot Services
01-06-2012, 01:19 PM
A windy front with high rain chances next wed or thusday.
Posted via Mobile Device

gsaunders5
01-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Hey guys, still mowing weekly in Venice. I wish it would break a little. The shrubs are growing like its July & August. I think it got to 34 here on the Island someone said.

Florida Gardener
01-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Hey guys, still mowing weekly in Venice. I wish it would break a little. The shrubs are growing like its July & August. I think it got to 34 here on the Island someone said.

Are you charging extra for that?
Posted via Mobile Device

gsaunders5
01-07-2012, 10:13 PM
No I'm not charging extra, I get really good money out of these accounts. After this cold snap maybe it will slow down, I hope.

Patriot Services
01-10-2012, 08:14 PM
What storm do we have next week? have not heard anything

Now do you see it?
Posted via Mobile Device

gsaunders5
01-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Now it's slowing down, thank goodness. You don't have to get to far from the beach and you see brown grass. I was up in Tampa over the weekend and you really see the brown grass, etc.