PDA

View Full Version : Self contained leaf vac/dumper

lawnprosteveo
01-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Ive spent some time looking at the Xtreme brand and Giant Vac brand of self contained leaf loader/dump trailers.

After doing a search, it looks like not alot of guys use these. I did finally see one at the dump in my town.

Just curious if anyone knows much about these...pros and cons.. and how much they cost. Ive sent a request to the companies for info. Just thinking ahead to next season.

Kelly's Landscaping
01-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Giant vac has a lot of choices on those if you look up the municipal section on their site they will custom make them in 20 25 and 30 yard models. Now that is awesome but the smaller ones they have a 5 yarder for like 15k that doesn't dump it just slides off. And they offer one that is 10 yards too but I do not know the price but it dumps so its gotta be a bit more. I guess my issue is this my 2 leaf trucks each have 16 yard boxes so I could not see buying a leaf box trailer unless you can get a bigger load then that. The advantage of course is come fall you hook up and go no need to have your men bolting together heavy walls and building a leaf box. The price how ever is a serious disadvantage and in answer to your other point no I haven't ever seen one on the road or at our dump site. The other disadvantage is you tie up a lot of money in an asset you get to use for only a few weeks a year.

lawnprosteveo
01-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Got a price on the Xtreme Vac. $16,500. Just not a smart move for a company my size. Kelly you are right. That is alot of money for a piece of equipment used over about an 8 to 10 week season.

sven1277
01-14-2012, 01:08 AM
I agree with Kelly. I run 2 trucks with 14 cu yd boxes. When one truck is full, it runs to the dump site while the 2nd truck continues getting filled. More efficient that way.