PDA

View Full Version : Offseason work

goodgreen
01-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Do you like to write? I'd actually rather write than talk. In fact, that's why I enjoy lawn care work. No talking, just performing. Always been good at English, journalism...have done some freelance writing in the past.

Well now there is a way to write a daily blog and actually earn money from your efforts. And you can get an already setup Wordpress blog site with the tools you need for just $25 per month. If you encourage others to do the same, the commissions are 100%.

Let's face it! We need money in the off season. Just because grass stops growing doesn't mean mortgages, bills, fuel costs, and grocery expenses stop too.

Here's my latest blog...check out the videos included:

http://www.empowernetwork.com/goodgreen/blog/what-does-community-mean-to-you/

Bleed Green
01-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Cool that you mention this because I am in that boat right now. I have been working for a landscaper this year and work is starting to become slim. I have a journalism degree and have started writing my own blog too. Its a nice way to put the degree to use and to do something I enjoy outside of the dirt.
I have been wondering if it might lead to another job option down the road. Heavy equipment, landscaping, and sports are my biggest passions.

Bleed Green
01-13-2012, 11:56 AM
The main thing I am having trouble with right now is getting page hits. I have mainly been using twitter and facebook so far.

goodgreen
01-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Those work, but so does LinkedIn, Craigslist. I'm just learning right now, and have a good mentor. When I find out more, I'll try to get back to you.

Bleed Green
01-13-2012, 05:05 PM
I have a LinkedIn account so I'll post them on there too. Never really gave that a thought.
Posted via Mobile Device

wildstarblazer
01-15-2012, 09:48 AM
I have been trying to earn extra cash this way for years. Never made enough to brag about. I used to be an affilliate for a how to lawn care manual. Sold a few but then the guy pulled his product. There are a million others to try and sell but the competition these days is just freakin crazy.

The online marketing world has become a circus. Everyone is promised they can become a lazy millionaire so everyone sets up a crapy site and thinks they will get rich in their sleep. The only ones that seem to make money are the so called coaches that are supposed to show you how. So be carefull.

Not trying to discourage anyone. I still try to make money online, but if you don't have a one of a kind product your just competing with a million others selling the same stuff.

Writing is good, there are people out there who will pay you up to $5 per 500 word article. However, again your competing with thousands of other writers seeking the same market.

Good luck. You can make money, just not easy at all...