PDA

View Full Version : LS/toro/exmark ride on aerator vs LT rich ride on

grassmasterswilson
01-08-2012, 09:50 PM
What are your thoughts?

The LS/toro/exmark ride on looks nice with the compact look and on the fly change in pressure. I'd worry about the chains on rocks and roots. What about the service issue with the sell of the company?

I have a z spray and love it so far. I also like the independent tines on the z plug. Seems you could drive it as hard as you wanted. Its not very compact and might not get into tight spaces well.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Saw it at the MN Green Expo this last weekend. It is branded Exmark.

Since I couldn't demo it, it was only a nice new shiny $9K red machine to me.......

grassman177
01-09-2012, 05:50 PM
we demoed both at gie, both very nice and would depend more to me on your properties to which would make more sense. i think overall though, i liked the zpray better but the ride on the toro was better and actually took a deeper plug

soulman
04-15-2012, 02:39 PM
here's a little more info on the exmark ride on aerator: first, if you want one, get in line...right now, through my dealer, it had to be ordered as they don't keep them in stock with a $9K price tag. But the wait is worth it...I bought one and put it to use. Its a great machine so far. I have no idea as to the longevity of the machine obviously since it's a new product but figuring it's a exmark product gives me peace of mind as to it's toughness.
second, it is fast and does a great job. No fatigue to the operator. It's like being on a stand on mower - just a little bumpier as you ride it. My guys are wowed by it. My guys want to get in line to aerate yards. Any of you who aerate with a typical walk behind aerator machine(like a lawn aire 4) know that it is a big statement for a crew member to be ok with being on an aerating crew for the day. It's just that "fun" to drive and watch it do the work for you vs the operator being wore out with fatigue by end of day. I'm not saying it's for everyone but if you have alot of aerating, i give it a 2 thumbs up.
The only down side would be putting it on a steep hill. Thats a little hairy but we cut those areas in with the walk behind machine.
BTW, aerated 16K sq ft of bermuda turf in 18 minutes in flip flops(first yard we demoed it on). do the math - it's a winner!