PDA

View Full Version : How do you find house numbers when sending flyer's? ASAP!

soloscaperman
01-09-2012, 11:45 AM
I have 3 streets I want to hand out flyer's and google maps doesn't have the street numbers. What do you guys use to get the house numbers or do you just drive by the homes and write them down then send them out?

Sorry for the dumb question but this is going to be the first time advertising since work is slow and I am bored.

KS_Grasscutter
01-09-2012, 11:54 AM
You might be able to get a list of addresses from an advertising company or the city offices in your town.
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
01-09-2012, 12:39 PM
If you are slow and bored, then go ride by and write the addys down. Try yellowpages.com , use look up a person by addy. Put street name in and the names and house #s should pop up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pistol
01-09-2012, 12:46 PM
In our county, we have something called GeoData Explorer & GIS (geographic information systems) tool. I get addresses and the name of the owner. really nice, but labor intensive.

Keegan
01-09-2012, 12:50 PM
go to whitepages.com and click on address & neighbors

orangemower
01-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Yep, if you're that bored, go for a ride and write the house numbers down to the places you want to service. I totally agree with you on the "dumb" question part. :dizzy:

Dr.NewEarth
01-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Go to the post office!

newz7151
01-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Go to the post office!

http://www.uspseverydoor.com/

high specific target ability and most cost effective if you already have the proper sized fliers printed up. does not require house numbers or an expensive mailing list.

P&N LL
01-09-2012, 03:15 PM
zillow.com

soloscaperman
01-09-2012, 03:18 PM
I went on one street and got 16 numbers and each stamp was 45 cents :-( . From what I remember there was a thread on here that you can ask the Post Office to send a large amount of mail or flyers of your business for a cheap price. I will be looking into that later on.

I just used envelopes and hand written each one so the customer won't think it's junk mail.

KrayzKajun
01-09-2012, 03:42 PM
I went on one street and got 16 numbers and each stamp was 45 cents :-( . From what I remember there was a thread on here that you can ask the Post Office to send a large amount of mail or flyers of your business for a cheap price. I will be looking into that later on.

I just used envelopes and hand written each one so the customer won't think it's junk mail.

That's why postcards are cheaper.
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenI.A.
01-10-2012, 12:37 AM
http://www.uspseverydoor.com/

high specific target ability and most cost effective if you already have the proper sized fliers printed up. does not require house numbers or an expensive mailing list.

You have to really do the math on this program for uspseverydoor. For my marketting campeign it is much more cost effective for me to go through a mailling service. The problem with the USPS program is that it goes to every residential mailbo in the area, if their is a three family home then it goes into all three mailboxes, even if all three of them are renters and none is the property owner. With a mailing list from marketting companies such as infousa.com you can choose the exact demographics you want and choose only property owners. Zillow is a good sight, I use it for property maintenance when qualifying potentials customers who contact me, but the problem with many of the sights like that is the addresses often do not line up with the right properties on the maps. The "Address & Neighbors" tab on Whitepages.com is good to get the names and addresses of people on the street, but the mapping on the sight is off. I just tried my address on it and it shows each address by being off by one house

rollman
01-10-2012, 08:10 PM
What does it cost to mail postcards ?