View Full Version : Greese caps for lanscape trailer

01-09-2012, 05:35 PM
I am looking for the caps that cover the hubs of the trailer that have a hole in them to allow you to grease the wheels. I have looked all over and haven't been able to find any. Do any you all no of a place online that sells them?

Patriot Services
01-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

01-09-2012, 08:12 PM
any napa, car quest, tractor supply you wont have to worry about shipping! ,and since your in Pa weaver distributing (http://www.weaverd.com)

01-09-2012, 08:47 PM
they are called "bearing buddies " ,a google search should find them easily ,but any trailer parts dealer should have them as well .

01-09-2012, 10:01 PM
i got mine at walmart they are everywhere

01-09-2012, 10:23 PM
I've used bearing buddies for boat trailers. They're good for that (when you drive enough to get your bearings hot, and then dunk them in salt water, the grease under the spring's pressure prevents the salt water from getting in as everything contracts and quickly cools), but I'm not sure why you'd want them for much else. They're hell on the inner seals, and the pressure causes grease to get sprayed all around the inboard side of the wheel. This can be an issue if your trailer has brakes.

Oh, and if you do get them, be careful not to overfill them. When you put the grease in, just add enough to get the bladder over the spring to inflate a little. After you completely fill them up, the next pump of grease will pop them.