PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed Trailer floor

oomph
01-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Hello,

The floor on my enclosed trailer is made of wood, I'm looking into coating it with something and would like some advice on a good solution. I'm not exactly sure if I want to rhino line or linex it or not, does anyone have any good alternatives?

Slip resistant, easy to clean up oil spills etc.

thanks!

ecurbthims
01-10-2012, 11:21 AM
there are many industrial epoxy floor products you can use ,mix them with sand and have at it .

mowerbrad
01-10-2012, 01:24 PM
I would shy away from doing rhino liner, judging by the rhino liner I put on parts of my trailer, it wouldn't be that good for a floor coating since it seems like it would be too slippery. Line-x would be a better alternative, they even have coatings designed for industrial floor applications (could be something that would work for you). However, I do think line-x will be an extremely expensive option, unless you just have the money to blow.

GravelyGuy
01-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Paint with sand is best. Easy to repaint and keep looking nice
Posted via Mobile Device

rollman
01-10-2012, 06:31 PM
LineX is expensive , I looked into and at the time it was close to $1200. ( 24 ft x8.5 ft trailer) I'm about to paint it soon and go the sand in the paint route .

09daxman
01-11-2012, 12:12 AM
I was actually going to ask this same question. What kind of paint is should I use? Would it hold up to ski's on a sled? Thanks everyone.
Posted via Mobile Device

ecurbthims
01-11-2012, 08:23 PM
I was actually going to ask this same question. What kind of paint is should I use? Would it hold up to ski's on a sled? Thanks everyone.
Posted via Mobile Device

I suggest a two part epoxy ,they are pretty expensive but they last about the best when driving on them .

oomph
01-11-2012, 08:31 PM
yeah, i was considering epoxy as well.
Who makes a good product for this?

rollman
01-11-2012, 08:56 PM
yeah, i was considering epoxy as well.
Who makes a good product for this?

Check out Deck Restore , that looks pretty good and its not bad dollars wise .

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-11-2012, 10:12 PM
I have researched this as well A lot of guys have used Herculiner or equivalent generic.

GravelyGuy
01-11-2012, 10:50 PM
I used herculiner and it is nice, but I still touch it up all the time with black paint. For the price I would just use paint with sand and redo it as needed.

oomph
01-21-2012, 09:33 PM
after looking into Deck Restore, it looks like a good product for my deck, but not so good for the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTpx6FMZBb0

According to the manufacturer

"Restore™ is an exterior only product. The reason being is that these products have a final cure time of 28 days and the way that the product hardens is through evaporation. With the product being indoors, the moisture has no where to go and depending on where the stairs are located in the home, like a basement, is already moist, so our product would be encased in moisture allowing it to not harden."

I guess if you left your trailer open for a while, it may work alright. I'm going to send them an email and get more information.

oomph
01-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Anyone tried this product?
https://www.rocksolidfloors.com/

09daxman
01-22-2012, 01:02 PM
I suggest a two part epoxy ,they are pretty expensive but they last about the best when driving on them .

Who would make a good two part epoxy? Can I get this at my local hardware store? I dont mind paying the extra money for a good product. Gotta pay to play!!

Oakleaf landscape
01-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Don't use deck restore. I called them about the actual curing time of the paint and it was something like 6 months. This allows them to get out of any warranty claims... Iv heard good things of hercuiliner. Yea line-x was close to 2k for mt trailer floor. Is this trailer new or have you used it and spilled stuff on the floor and now want to coat it? I didn't paint my floor when i first got the trailer and now i have spilled so much oil and it has so many stains on it I doubt i could get paint to even stick to it.

ecurbthims
01-22-2012, 02:07 PM
The stuff I used came from an industrial paint store,cant remember the names but if you went to a paint store that dealt with commercial stuff they should be able to help you out .

lbmd1
01-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Just got an email back from Restore. "Restore is not really made for inside trailers. Drying time is 21 to 28 days in open air. It will take longer inside. Also, it does not work with cars, motor cycle, etc." Was planning on doing both my new enclosed trailers with that stuff too. I heard Herculiner gets sticky in high heat of summer.

Mike