PDA

View Full Version : FS: Magna Matic 9000

appalachianoutdoors
01-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Bought a Magna Matic 9000 sharpener last week, used about 20 minutes, and now wish I had bought a MM 8000. Dealer is willing to make an exchange, but am hoping to save return shipping cost and to sell to someone willing to pick up in Central Va area. PM if interested. Will sell for $590.00. Like new condition. :usflag:

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Bought a Magna Matic 9000 sharpener last week, used about 20 minutes, and now wish I had bought a MM 8000. Dealer is willing to make an exchange, but am hoping to save return shipping cost and to sell to someone willing to pick up in Central Va area. PM if interested. Will sell for $590.00. Like new condition. :usflag:

Can you enlighten us as to why the 9000 didn't work so well?

appalachianoutdoors
01-10-2012, 11:59 AM
FS: Magna Matic 9000, see above post.:usflag:

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-10-2012, 12:00 PM
I was just about to buy a 9000 but then I read this and wondering if I should spend the extra $ and get the 8000....

appalachianoutdoors
01-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Meant to include that I have an extended worktable also for $44.00. see above post. :usflag:

appalachianoutdoors
01-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Can you enlighten us as to why the 9000 didn't work so well?

It works great. Absolutely no problems. I just underestimated how many people would use me to start sharpening for them and how many of them were using the mulching blades. Once word got out among some of my friends that I had bought one, I started getting a lot of calls. Originally, I was going to just use this for myself, and I only have the mulching blades on one push mower. With the extra interest from other people, I can justify the expense of the 8000. :usflag:

Frontier-Lawn
01-11-2012, 08:34 AM
It works great. Absolutely no problems. I just underestimated how many people would use me to start sharpening for them and how many of them were using the mulching blades. Once word got out among some of my friends that I had bought one, I started getting a lot of calls. Originally, I was going to just use this for myself, and I only have the mulching blades on one push mower. With the extra interest from other people, I can justify the expense of the 8000. :usflag:

side money always love that payup

Magna-Matic
01-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Hello All,

That is a good point. If you are looking towards offering a side-business service of blade sharpening the MAG-8000 is designed to be our servicing dealer/sharpening shop machine. Largely because of the MAG-8000's ability to do almost any blade (mulching or conventional).

The MAG-9000 is designed to be a lawn care pro/landscaper unit, with only the ability to do conventional straight blades (no bends in cutting edge).

Both units are commercial units, so they both can handle any load, but the MAG-8000 can do more blade types.

Thank you,

electric
01-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Hello All,

That is a good point. If you are looking towards offering a side-business service of blade sharpening the MAG-8000 is designed to be our servicing dealer/sharpening shop machine. Largely because of the MAG-8000's ability to do almost any blade (mulching or conventional).
Oh crap Santa just bought me the mag 9000 for walker mower blades but at the very inside edge of the blade it curves off then goes flat???(flat then slight curve up towards center mounting hole) Ugh I hope I'm not screwed now! Still in box, never took it out yet?
The MAG-9000 is designed to be a lawn care pro/landscaper unit, with only the ability to do conventional straight blades (no bends in cutting edge).

Both units are commercial units, so they both can handle any load, but the MAG-8000 can do more blade types.

Thank you,
Posted via Mobile Device

electric
01-23-2012, 05:31 PM
@magna- mattic. Oops my post blended into yours??
Posted via Mobile Device

appalachianoutdoors
01-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Have used the MM 9000 on about 8-10 sets of blades now. Seems to be a well built machine and I like having the stand with the balancer on it also. So far, I have found that I prefer to use my side grinder on my used blades first to take off the major part of the blade and then use the MM to put the final touches on the blades and balance it. Most of my blades had 100+ hours on them and needed touch up work that was just faster with a 10,000 rpm side grinder. Will keep some updates as I put more time on it if it doesn't sell soon. :usflag:

electric
01-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Have used the MM 9000 on about 8-10 sets of blades now. Seems to be a well built machine and I like having the stand with the balancer on it also. So far, I have found that I prefer to use my side grinder on my used blades first to take off the major part of the blade and then use the MM to put the final touches on the blades and balance it. Most of my blades had 100+ hours on them and needed touch up work that was just faster with a 10,000 rpm side grinder. Will keep some updates as I put more time on it if it doesn't sell soon. :usflag:

What type blades do you sharpen. They say this 9000 that I too have is for "straight blades only" walker mower blades have a slight curve up at the end up cut but blade is still straight. The owner of magna-mattic never chimed back in? He proably seen my post and is waiting for time to lapse so then I'm stuck with a 9000 and will end up needing the 8000. Real nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Dawg
01-28-2012, 06:02 PM
What type blades do you sharpen. They say this 9000 that I too have is for "straight blades only" walker mower blades have a slight curve up at the end up cut but blade is still straight. The owner of magna-mattic never chimed back in? He proably seen my post and is waiting for time to lapse so then I'm stuck with a 9000 and will end up needing the 8000. Real nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you go back and read your first post nothing showed up for anybody to read and your next post did not ask any questions.

The Walker blades or considered straight blades unless you have the new style 42" mulching deck and those use the wavy mulching blades. If I remember right I think they say the 8000 is easier for the left handed blades but the 9000 works OK.

electric
01-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Turf Dog,
Your the man!! Thank you for clearing that up for me:)!! I am now hopefully that my 9000 will work! I run 48 & 52 ghs decks also 56 sd. Did you ever sell your walker, keep seeing people talking about it? My post to magna-mattic went into his post somehow if you go back and compare his posts. Thanks again buddy!
Posted via Mobile Device

appalachianoutdoors
01-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I have 90% straight blades and "gator blades". I have usually avoided the high lift or mulching blades due to the extra effort it takes to sharpen them. I was well aware that the 9000 was designed for straight blade sharpening. I am only interested in the 8000 due to interest from other lawn service providers that have shown interest in me sharpening blades for them, and some of them do have either the high lift or mulching blades. As for the owner of Magna Matic... if you have read any of his post in the last couple of years, I am sure that you will change your opinion of him. He seems to make every effort to educate, and accomodate his customers, including a 30 day 100% guarantee, just mail it back, no need to wait for a reply from the company. The return policy is clearly stated on the MM website. :usflag:

electric
01-28-2012, 09:36 PM
I have 90% straight blades and "gator blades". I have usually avoided the high lift or mulching blades due to the extra effort it takes to sharpen them. I was well aware that the 9000 was designed for straight blade sharpening. I am only interested in the 8000 due to interest from other lawn service providers that have shown interest in me sharpening blades for them, and some of them do have either the high lift or mulching blades. As for the owner of Magna Matic... if you have read any of his post in the last couple of years, I am sure that you will change your opinion of him. He seems to make every effort to educate, and accomodate his customers, including a 30 day 100% guarantee, just mail it back, no need to wait for a reply from the company. The return policy is clearly stated on the MM website. :usflag:

Thank you for also educating me on the 8000 and 9000 sharpeners as well! I defenetly was not bashing the owner of MM at all nor did I mean to come off like I was. Just wish I had spent the few bucks more and gone with the 8000 knowing all this with curved blades. I hope I'm ok being that the walker mower blades are what I guess are considered flat? Turf Dog did mention that in earlier posts. The problem is even know my 9000 is still in the box, I'm over the 30 days return policy even if I wanted the 8000.
Posted via Mobile Device

appalachianoutdoors
01-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Electric, i understand your dilemma now. Hopefully, something can be worked out if it was a factory direct purchase. If it was through a dealer, your options may be more limited. My suggestions, if feasible for you do to so, buy the 8000 factory direct before Jan. 31st and get the 10% discount, and try to resell the 9000 in the spring when more people have some revenue flowing, and the price of the 9000 will no longer be discounted and you may get closer to full price for yours. Good luck whichever route you take. :usflag:

Dylan's Lawn Care
01-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Kinda off topic but i wanna get the the 8000 before the sale is over and have a question. When you bought the 9000 did it come with a grinding wheel and would you recommend getting the extended worktable? I don't wanna order it then have to pay more shipping to get a wheel.

electric
01-29-2012, 11:47 AM
The my 9000 came with the stone. I'm not sure what your referring to on the extended work table. Make me an offer mine is still in the box. I want the 8000 because I was not aware that it only does straight blades. I e-mailed the company hopefully they will take it back?
Posted via Mobile Device

appalachianoutdoors
01-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Kinda off topic but i wanna get the the 8000 before the sale is over and have a question. When you bought the 9000 did it come with a grinding wheel and would you recommend getting the extended worktable? I don't wanna order it then have to pay more shipping to get a wheel.

The 9000 did come with a grinding wheel and yes I would recommend the extended work table. I would also recommend get the svc lot with the stand and balancer. You are working at a comfortable height and have the balancer right there.
Posted via Mobile Device

electric
01-29-2012, 01:07 PM
I have the 1000 blade balancer. I will get the table
Posted via Mobile Device

mallio
01-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Been sharpening blades for the last 5 seasons. Can count on 1 hand the number of mulching blades i have sharpened. I know other areas of the country use mulching instead of bagging, The 8000 has a larger motor and can sharpen blades faster than a 9000.

electric
01-29-2012, 08:22 PM
I plan on getting any other options I can to go with my
MM grinder. Already have the balancer. I am praying MM will take back my 9000 so I can get the 8000. Wish I could be 100% sure the 9000 would have worked with walker mower blades.
Posted via Mobile Device

mallio
01-29-2012, 11:06 PM
I have owned MM equipment, any issues have always been handled quick and fair. Last season we added the blade cleaner since that was always a bottle neck in our operation.About 80% of the blades can be cleaned dry.The blade cleaner has a vac port so all dust dirt is in your shop vac. Prior to that we were using a parts washer and even hot pressure wash what a mess. So it speeds up our turn around for the customers.

electric
01-30-2012, 11:00 PM
I have to say that the Magna- Mattic company is the best hands down!!!! Talk about customer service, they are working out the details on returning my 9000 being that I am in the 30 company grace period. They went out of there way and e-mail me back! So professional, they even recommended there other products that will complement the 8000. I am speechless, made in the USA #1!!!:)
Posted via Mobile Device

electric
02-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Gerd: / Magna-matic,
I am so happy with my new 8000, one of the best purchases I have made. It is so well built and user friendly. After using it blade edges look superior to any factory cut brand new blade. NOTHING compares to it! Thank you so much for your help with all this!

appalachianoutdoors
04-07-2012, 10:32 PM
My Magna Matic 9000 is still for sale if anyone is interested. It is only 2 months old, and I am only selling to upgrade to the 8000. This has the extended work table on it and has sharpened about 20-25 blades so far and has only slightly worn into the wheel yet. :usflag:

cjoverma
04-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Howuch do u want for it ? And the reason ur selling is because wont sharpen curved mulching blades right? I've been on the fence about one for a long time and just havent gotten one but if priced right I would like to get one
Posted via Mobile Device

appalachianoutdoors
04-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Howuch do u want for it ? And the reason ur selling is because wont sharpen curved mulching blades right? I've been on the fence about one for a long time and just havent gotten one but if priced right I would like to get one
Posted via Mobile Device
I am only selling to upgrade. Becuase the MM is so new, i am asking $590 for the grinder and $44 for the extended worktable. May not be worth to someone unless you were local and wanted to save tax and shipping. This price may save you $100 off of a new one. :usflag:

KYMan
04-10-2012, 07:34 PM
I use gator and high lift blades....will this work with them?

BTW: are gators considered mulching or not? I always considered them the same but I think you guys are saying mulching blades have a bend, which I have also seen.

appalachianoutdoors
04-10-2012, 08:22 PM
I use gator and high lift blades....will this work with them?

BTW: are gators considered mulching or not? I always considered them the same but I think you guys are saying mulching blades have a bend, which I have also seen.
The MM 9000. Will work on gator or high lift blades if the leading sharp edge of the blade is flat, but not if the leading edge is curved.
Posted via Mobile Device

Magna-Matic
05-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Hello All,

Yes that is correct. Generally gator blades have a flat straight underside and leading edge. This is no problem for the MAG-9000.

ONLY when the underside / leading edge bent in different planes is the MAG-8000 required.

Thank you,