PDA

View Full Version : Grass stains in Walker catcher?

fixer67
01-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Yes you read that right. I have a customer that thinks that grass stains in the Walker catcher makes it not pick up as well so he wants it cleaned like it was when new. The grass stains are embedded into the plastic. Bleach may work but that is not going to be fun. Any ideas would be helpful.

KS_Grasscutter
01-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Simple Green and a scrub brush is my go-to solution for most cleaning situations, but I can't say that I've ever felt the need to clean inside my Walker's catcher haha.

Thanksman
01-10-2012, 09:53 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: pray he dont look at under your deck! he will want that spotless:laugh:

JB1
01-10-2012, 09:59 PM
give him a couple of chill pills.

fixer67
01-10-2012, 10:05 PM
give him a couple of chill pills.

I would like to give him the whole bottle.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: pray he dont look at under your deck! he will want that spotless:laugh:

Do not give him any ideas. He has enough of his own.

I am thinking the best bet is to spray it with bleach and let it set maybe over night. No way any one can get inside there with any type of cleaner with gassing them self.

electric
01-11-2012, 06:46 AM
I use white wall cleaner and power washer in hopper. Takes it right to new condition every time. Keeping it sprayed down with fluid film I'm sure helps keep grass from sticking as bad. Note* keep power washer away from the rest of the machine. If you have an efi machine power washers will give you a headache if your not carefull to cover things up!!
Posted via Mobile Device

electric
01-11-2012, 06:57 AM
If you have a 2011 mtl31 stay far away from the extension connection point from main harness to voltage regulator. This fried on my friends. Dealer/walker suggests that the connections there be soldered because of the number of new failures at that high resistance connection point. Seems like he has had it at dealer more times than he used it, in addition to the new muffler/long header pipe design snapping. There solution on that is to keep replacing his muffler!:-)
Posted via Mobile Device

dutch1
01-11-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm not familiar with the design nor the material on Walker collection bags. If it's cloth type bag, bleach will kill the cloth. If it's plastic mesh, spray with full strength SuperKleen, let it set for a few minutes then power wash with low pressure. Remove bagger from unit as prolonged contact with paint will soften and dull the finish.

I've tried about every degreaser/cleaner on the market and SuperKleen is what I've settled on.

Restrorob
01-11-2012, 12:29 PM
I've got the BEST "solution" !!!

Send the idiot down the road...... :dizzy:

dutch1
01-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Rob, I see you're back with a bang and it would have been pretty much my reaction if I'd had my eyes in the same gear as my brain. Didn't pay enough attention to determine that it was a shop-customer issue--just thought it was someone asking for an answer to cleanup. It's hell to get old!!!!!

piston slapper
01-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Explain to the customer that cleaning the catcher may void the warranty.
Sell him a new one.
Posted via Mobile Device

fixer67
01-11-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm not familiar with the design nor the material on Walker collection bags. If it's cloth type bag, bleach will kill the cloth. If it's plastic mesh, spray with full strength SuperKleen, let it set for a few minutes then power wash with low pressure. Remove bagger from unit as prolonged contact with paint will soften and dull the finish.

I've tried about every degreaser/cleaner on the market and SuperKleen is what I've settled on.

It is not a bag. It is a non-removable (bolted on) box made out of a ploy type plastic about 1/4 to 5/16 inches thick. The exhaust is though a metal grid and out the back.

http://www.walkermowers.com/gallery/gallery-model-mt.php#Model%20MT%201

fixer67
01-11-2012, 07:16 PM

YOU AND YOUR BIG MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now he wants that cleaned as well. He wants it steam cleaned and we do not have a steam cleaner.

piston slapper
01-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Is this a warranty?
Is it just a customer with nothing better to do in the winter?
Did you promise this guy that grass and dirt wouldn't stick to the mower?
Send him to a carwash and have him spray down the mower with PAM when it dries.
Posted via Mobile Device