PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Info

ralph02813
01-12-2012, 04:06 PM
I just notice that Kindle has a new app. If you have a Kindle you can send any document from you computer to your kindle handy if you want to carrry this months invoices or prices list from various vendors.

Roger
01-12-2012, 05:09 PM
You need to be more specific regarding the Kindle model. We have a 3G/Wi-Fi, with keyboard model, e-ink. I don't think it supports any app (in the usual sense of the word).

However, when I registered the Kindle, I was given a unique e-mail address. This enables me to e-mail from my PC to the Kindle. I have not sent .pdf, but have have sent books. (from Gutenberg Press).

Maybe you have a different Kindle, and this does not apply. Our model is not touch-managed.

ralph02813
01-12-2012, 05:25 PM
You need to be more specific regarding the Kindle model. We have a 3G/Wi-Fi, with keyboard model, e-ink. I don't think it supports any app (in the usual sense of the word).

However, when I registered the Kindle, I was given a unique e-mail address. This enables me to e-mail from my PC to the Kindle. I have not sent .pdf, but have have sent books. (from Gutenberg Press).

Maybe you have a different Kindle, and this does not apply. Our model is not touch-managed.

No you should be good to go just go to Amazon and down load the new application - different than how we generally think of apps, it basic adds a printer drive to your computer which when used translates any file into one that is sent to you kindle at your kindle email address! When you go to print something one of your choices is now send to kindle.

Roger
01-12-2012, 05:28 PM
The "go to" of which you speak is from the PC, not the Kindle, right?

ralph02813
01-12-2012, 05:30 PM
The "go to" of which you speak is from the PC, not the Kindle, right?

yes, it prints the file to your kindle