PDA

View Full Version : Need a bedliner for new truck..need opinions

Gallucci
01-13-2012, 04:35 AM
I just purchased a new truck and need to get a bedliner in it. I had the plastic type in my last truck but there was a sliding with material. I was considering a spray in liner. Can you give me your opinions and experiences with the different brands. Thanks

JB1
01-13-2012, 04:47 PM
spend the money and go with Line-x, holds up and does very well.

Lefet
01-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Here's a little help:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=368280

fastlane
01-13-2012, 09:58 PM
check York load lok bed liners I think these are the best. I sold about 10 brand names.

mowerbrad
01-13-2012, 11:33 PM
I have had a plastic bed liner and two line-x bed liners, along with some experience with the do-it-yourself Herculiner.

No matter what, the plastic/drop in liners will trap dirt/debris under them. Sure you can get different types of mats to go on the floor to prevent sliding of cargo, but you still have the dirt/debris/water that gets under the mat or liner.

The Herculiner stuff (do it yourself) is okay. I put it on some parts of my trailer that kept getting hit by stones to prevent any further chipping of the paint. It does its job pretty well but the color does fade fast. After just a few weeks it becomes dull and looks like I've had it on there for years. With a little armorall you can shine it up for a week or so, but nonetheless it ages fast. I also don't think it is as "grippy" as you would think. It is relatively cheap, but I wouldn't put it on my truck (works well for the application on my trailer).

I have had two Line-x spray in bed liners. My first truck got line-x in 2006, I sold the truck in 2010 and the line-x was still in awesome shape. That truck bed carried trimmers and blowers regularly, had a few yards of mulch in it, was always in the elements (no topper or cover over the bed), it carried several hundred pumpkins when I was farming them, had water sit in the bed, carried a snow blower during the winter...in other words, it carried tons of stuff and held up to it great! My current truck just got line-x in December of 2010, so it has been on the truck for just over a year. I am still more than satisfied with Line-x and will ALWAYS continue to use them. As far as prices go, my current short bed (6.5' bed) was $475 for Line-x. My old truck (which had a service body on it) was $1000 for all the line-x it had on it (about $600 for just the 8' bed itself).

I think you would be much happier in the long run with a Line-x bed liner.

Lefet
01-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Appreciate that input Mowerbrad.

Gallucci
01-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Anybody have a rhino liner. As far as spray in I think it would be between those two. I have a friend who brought a used truck and had Linex and had about 6 chuncks out of it. The chips are my concern. He hauls some coal but nothing too major. No pumpkins....

Gallucci
01-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks guys! Anyone have a rhino Liner? My friend bought a used truck with linex in it but it had some chunks taken out of it. I think it is between these two as far as spray in liners. Whatcha think?

mowerbrad
01-16-2012, 04:25 PM
When I was looking to get my first spray on bed liner, I was suggested both Rhino Liner and Line-x, but from two different people (neither had any affiliation with either brand). From what I found out, Rhino liner is a more "rubbery" substance and more plyable, so if you happen to catch the corner of a shovel (or something else "sharp") on the bed liner, there was a greater chance of the liner ripping. With Line-x, it was a harder finished product and not as plyable. So it wouldn't catch something if it were to rub up against the bed liner.

Obviously line-x can get damaged, so if part of it do get gouged out, it can be easily repaired by your line-x dealer.

The warranties from both Line-x and Rhino liner are pretty much the same thing, so neither one will be any better than the other.

Both companies have a few different products for bed liners, depending on what you want and what you plan on doing with your truck. Line-x has 4 choices for bed liners, their traditional (which is what I have and love), premium, Xtra and ReNew. Rhino Liner has about 5 or 6 different types depending on what you want.

Honestly, you would probably be fine either way but one thing that I've noticed is that I see tons of trucks with Line-x bedliners and have never heard or seen any person with a Rhino Liner bedliner.

Gallucci
01-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the info!