PDA

View Full Version : Turfco XT5 Motor

oomph
01-13-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm about to purchase one of these bad boys on Monday.

They offer two motors, the Briggs and the Subaru, which would you guys go with and why?

kennc38
01-13-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm about to purchase one of these bad boys on Monday.

They offer two motors, the Briggs and the Subaru, which would you guys go with and why?

I wasn't aware they offered a Subaru engine, but mine has the B&S. The B&S is very quiet and has plenty of power. More local options for purchasing parts as well, so you won't be disappointed if you go with it. Hope this helps.

Service 1st Lawn Care
01-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Go with the Briggs&Stratton

lbmd1
01-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Would never buy a Briggs. Subaru makes a great engine. Our local rental shop puts them on all their machines after they go through the first factory engine which are usually Briggs.

Service 1st Lawn Care
01-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Buy the Briggs, engines will last on how you maintain them.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Subaru? Huh?
Didn't know about that.
Go with the Briggs, it is a quiet little powerhouse.

lbmd1
01-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Buy the Briggs, engines will last on how you maintain them.

Bought a brand new DR trimmer with a Briggs on it from the factory. Put oil in. Use 4 times (each time checking oil prior to use as normal) Engine blows hole out side. Didn't own it long enough to maintain before crapping out. So goes your theory. Briggs are and will always be crap. Have a 14 hp subaru on our leaf loader. 3 seasons hard use, starts 1st pull every time like our Honda's.

kennc38
01-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Bought a brand new DR trimmer with a Briggs on it from the factory. Put oil in. Use 4 times (each time checking oil prior to use as normal) Engine blows hole out side. Didn't own it long enough to maintain before crapping out. So goes your theory. Briggs are and will always be crap. Have a 14 hp subaru on our leaf loader. 3 seasons hard use, starts 1st pull every time like our Honda's.

Bought a brand new Turfco XT5 with the Briggs engine on it from the factory. Put oil in. Used over 30 times (30+ hours - each time checking the oil prior to use as normal). Engine purrs like a kitten, didn't use a drop of oil and starts on the first pull every time. So goes your theory about Briggs engines being crap. Maybe Briggs engines just don't like you or something? :drinkup:

Service 1st Lawn Care
01-19-2012, 11:08 PM

Been using my 16 H.P. Briggs in my Encore since 1986 other then change oil and filter nothing so there goes your theory. P.S. every season a hard season.

Briggs and Honda best motors hands down

Service 1st Lawn Care
01-19-2012, 11:26 PM
oops wrong year 1996 Encore

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-21-2012, 10:46 PM
I like that, 86 Encore, I would like to see a pic of that:)

Service 1st Lawn Care
01-22-2012, 10:50 AM
I like that, 86 Encore, I would like to see a pic of that:)

It's a 96 not 86, but not going to start a pissing match with folks who don't like briggs. To each his own

WHIPPLE5.7
02-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Just to clarify the XT5 is NOW available with a Suburu or the original Briggs. Its extra money for the Suburu but I felt it is worth it. I ordered one and should be trying it out in a few weeks when the ground is good and thawed. I'll probably use on 50 or so lawns and start a thread on a review of it. The guys at Turfco seem pretty decent and willing to help.
Posted via Mobile Device