PDA

View Full Version : News paper add rough daft. Let me have it boys.

olebrooklawn
01-15-2012, 11:48 AM
I will be placing an add this week.

jvanvliet
01-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Like the color, maybe a little more about services and a tag line like "prices starting @ $...

KS_Grasscutter
01-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Looks great so far, but you need a call to action. Like "call today for a free estimate" or if you're more hungry for work, something like "10% off your quoted mowing price for 2012" or "second cut free with annual mowing agreement". Would probably also list your key services at the bottom. Something like this:

Mowing-Fertilization and Weed Control-Snow Removal

Did you design your logo yourself? If so what program did you use? And if not, did you go through someone online, and if so, who? I am thinking about using Plan-It graphics to do a logo for me, as well as probably some post cards or door hangers.

olebrooklawn
01-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Looks great so far, but you need a call to action. Like "call today for a free estimate" or if you're more hungry for work, something like "10% off your quoted mowing price for 2012" or "second cut free with annual mowing agreement". Would probably also list your key services at the bottom. Something like this:

Mowing-Fertilization and Weed Control-Snow Removal

Did you design your logo yourself? If so what program did you use? And if not, did you go through someone online, and if so, who? I am thinking about using Plan-It graphics to do a logo for me, as well as probably some post cards or door hangers.

Yes design it my self. On my signs services and my phone number is orange everything else is green. In the paper its all gonna be black and white I'm sure.
This is my first time placing an add in the paper. Im just gonna see how well it goes.

olebrooklawn
01-15-2012, 12:41 PM
here a new version

KS_Grasscutter
01-15-2012, 12:47 PM
I'd lose the "prices starting at $20", it just seems very low, and everyone is gonna assume that is what their lawn is worth. Then again, your market may be a bunch of small yards that are worth $20 lol.

And with the 10% off thing, the crucial part of that is to bid new work 10% high LOL.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-15-2012, 12:50 PM
I personally would drop the Owner tag, its pointless, prices for what starting at $20?

mowerbrad
01-15-2012, 01:05 PM
I like the design of the add, but be careful about making it too busy. I know many guys on here will tell you to start listing services you offer and putting a bunch of other "crap" on it, but then it just becomes too busy. The newspaper is already full of a bunch of words, crammed onto the page...so if your ad is a bunch of words, crammed into the allowed space, then it just starts to blend in to the rest of the newspaper.

When you put the ad in, you want it to stand out and since it will most likely be in black and white, you need it to be arranged differently than everything else in the paper.

I know someone suggested putting the 10% off and "prices starting at..." part but are you really okay with giving these new customers 10% off their season's bill. On an $800/year account, that's $80 you are giving up. While $80 may not be a lot in the big picture of things, that $80 adds up when you apply that to 10 new accounts, in other words, that would be $800 over the coarse of the season that you just gave up.

I also would be careful about putting the starting price part on there. Usually you just get price shoppers from statements like that and price shoppers are never GOOD customers.

Having a good tag line is nice, but it can be something as simple as "Hurry, Call Today!". Obviously the more creative you get the better result and more noticeable it becomes, but it just has to be something somewhat catchy.

I'd stick to the original design with some catchy slogan or tag line toward the end.

PROCUT1
01-15-2012, 01:30 PM
The last 3 lines can go. They dont do anything but take up space and give no extra incentive to call.

Keep it simple.

People are not going to write down your number or keep the ad. The trick is getting someone to read the ad and PICK UP THE PHONE NOW and call. If they dont do that you have lost their attention. Likely especially this time of the year they are not looking for lawn services in the newspaper. They are reading the news.

Put something in there to entice them to see the ad, have the lightbulb go off in their head that they need a lawn service and reach for the phone.

"Call before xx date for a free xx"

"Sign up before xx for xx off your service"

"Call before xx for our early bird discount"

Something that has a date(soon) that they need to take action to receive some benefit.

olebrooklawn
01-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Here it is

mowerbrad
01-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Keep one offer and cut the rest. So either choose the 50% off first cut or the $25 off mulch job.

Don't worry about saying "free estimates" as that is pretty much expected and doesn't offer anything special to the customer.

It is just too cluttered. Keeping it simple and to the point is the key. You are trying to incorporate everything when you just need to include SOME THINGS.

Keep the company name, "commercial/residential" (which could go to save space if you would like), keep the phone number and one offer that would look GOOD to the customer (free cut with season contract, half off first cut, deal on mulch, etc.)...but just include ONE offer. You aren't offering a coupon book, its an AD to get customers to call you.

wbw
01-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Sam's Services

Professional Lawn Care

Commercial & Residential
Quality Work.Fully Insured.Affordable Prices
New Customers Call Before March 1st
To Save 50%

TheBetterDoorhanger
01-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Hi, this is Robin with Adeas Printing. Since you are looking to purchase some advertising products I thought you might be interested in some of the specials we have going on right now. For example we are offering 1,000 door hangers with Band-It for only $99.00. Band It is our innovative new attachment which is used to keep your door hangers' securely attached so that they won't blow off and end up in the customer's yard. If you are looking for postcards or fliers we also have really great specials on those too! Take a look at the short video and pricing on our site & feel free to call us with any questions. http://www.adeasprinting.com/Door-Hangers

Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing
Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products
www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 200
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211

andyslawncare
01-16-2012, 08:09 PM
I've gotten into some good neighborhoods with the paper before... Keep it running for a few months before you expect the big pay out.