PDA

View Full Version : Best bagging mower out there???

LGL
01-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Okay, lets hear it, what is everyones opinion? I will be looking to buy an additional mower this spring, but I need one with a quality bagging capability.

GreenT
01-15-2012, 06:02 PM

Bagging? ;)

What's that? :)

ringahding
01-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Toro Zero Turn has a great bagging system

jvanvliet
01-15-2012, 06:49 PM
One word: MULCH!

:cool2:

LGL
01-15-2012, 07:03 PM
I do mulch, only some of my accounts have thin turf and can't hide the amount of left overs from the leaves. Need a quality mower with a removable bagger for winter time.

Johnagain
01-15-2012, 08:25 PM
I have a metal side catcher that we could get to fit on your Phazer. It came with a 48in walk behind I bought a few years ago. I will never use it. Grass Gobbler is the name of it. $50.00 come and get it. Bring your mower and we'll make sure it fits before you leave. Call me if your interested. 352*669*291zero.

Landscape Poet
01-15-2012, 08:35 PM
I do mulch, only some of my accounts have thin turf and can't hide the amount of left overs from the leaves. Need a quality mower with a removable bagger for winter time.

That sounds like a reason for a "clean up" charge if it were me...are you charging extra above and beyond for cleaning up leaves? If leaves are that big of a issue they should not have a problem understanding the extra if you are not getting it.

KS_Grasscutter
01-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Walker or Navigator, but if you want something with a removable catcher get a Grasshopper or Toro/Exmark with the bagging system.
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenT
01-15-2012, 09:20 PM
I do mulch, only some of my accounts have thin turf and can't hide the amount of left overs from the leaves.

Just blow it on the beds. :p

Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care
01-16-2012, 03:01 PM

Your opening a new bag of worms then. Then they will expect it bagged all year watch. We used to bag everything down here in the 80s. I'm glad that trend is done. Don't start it up again. :usflag:

integrityman
01-16-2012, 03:10 PM
A lot of guys swear by Walker mowers being the best bagger $$$ can buy. That said- bagging is much more labor intensive and has a lot of downsides. Disposal issues, handling issues etc. Research on what mowers do well mulching your type of grasses.

LGL
01-16-2012, 09:02 PM
I have a metal side catcher that we could get to fit on your Phazer. It came with a 48in walk behind I bought a few years ago. I will never use it. Grass Gobbler is the name of it. $50.00 come and get it. Bring your mower and we'll make sure it fits before you leave. Call me if your interested. 352*669*291zero.

Does it work pretty well for you, that is when you used it before? I may take you up on that, your aren't that far from me. Thanks for the offer.

LGL
01-16-2012, 09:13 PM
That sounds like a reason for a "clean up" charge if it were me...are you charging extra above and beyond for cleaning up leaves? If leaves are that big of a issue they should not have a problem understanding the extra if you are not getting it.

This one is a yearly contract in which I figured the leaves into the pricing per month. I would just like to find a more effective way of handling the material. Seems like a bagger system may be the way to go. I invested in a Little Wonder Vac and while it works ok, I can rake and bag the material faster, gonna sell it and invest in another backpack.

Florida Gardener
01-16-2012, 09:16 PM
This one is a yearly contract in which I figured the leaves into the pricing per month. I would just like to find a more effective way of handling the material. Seems like a bagger system may be the way to go. I invested in a Little Wonder Vac and while it works ok, I can rake and bag the material faster, gonna sell it and invest in another backpack.

Is this a Bermuda or zoysia lawn that is cut short?
Posted via Mobile Device

LGL
01-16-2012, 09:19 PM
St. Aug, only very sparse.

LGL
01-16-2012, 09:20 PM
While my Phazer mulches really well, I'm wondering if its not as effective as the other mowers out there. They don't make a gator blade for my mower, major bummer.

Florida Gardener
01-16-2012, 09:23 PM
St. Aug, only very sparse.

I have a couple properties with large oaks. What I do is mulch them up each time I cut. Not sure if you know, but oak leaves are hard to mulch up. Once all leaves have fallen, I just blow the leaves in the grass onto the pavement and rake up. Now, this works on the properties I have, but it avoids doing big leaf cleanup for 3-4 services. Now, if they want that, charge em extra. The mulch kit will get the surface leaves, but not the ones mingled in the turf. Thing is though, nobody is going to tell or make a fuss about that. Just another idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
01-16-2012, 09:25 PM
While my Phazer mulches really well, I'm wondering if its not as effective as the other mowers out there. They don't make a gator blade for my mower, major bummer.

I have mulched with my wright with the full kit and with a block off plate with gators and I got the same average results. Oaks are tough to mulch.
Posted via Mobile Device

LGL
01-16-2012, 09:48 PM
I have mulched with my wright with the full kit and with a block off plate with gators and I got the same average results. Oaks are tough to mulch.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is exactly what I've been doing, sounds like I'm on the right track, thanks.

Johnagain
01-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Does it work pretty well for you, that is when you used it before? I may take you up on that, your aren't that far from me. Thanks for the offer.

I have never used it. I remember in the past when everybody bagged they worked very well with a 2 bladed mower but not very good with a 3 blade mower. That's why the 3 blade mowers has vacuums on the bagger system.