PDA

View Full Version : TRC remote needed

Mike from Canada
01-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Hi guys, I'm looking for a TRC Sidekick remote, anyone have one to sell or know of one for sell. Also looking to buy a wire tracker, what's the best one out there? Thanks again!:canadaflag:

Mike Leary
01-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Depending on your workload, the TRC works well on small residentials that have a pretty close line-of-sight, but I found mine worthless for commercial distances. The Rain Master is a better choice if you're in it for the long haul.:)

Waterlogged
01-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Mike is right on the larger properties, RainMaster might be better. However, I have a TRC and it works perfect for me on residential and apartment rehabs. There have only been a few times that I've had to walk around the corner to get it to work at the apartments.
Not sure what your application is for the wire locator. if you're in irrigation, the Progressive 521 has worked very well for me, for many years. Track wire, locate broken wire, find valves. And if you're good, it will find a bad splice.
I saw two 521's on ebay. You could start there. I got both of my 521's from the supply house after they had rented them for a period of time.

1idejim
01-17-2012, 09:18 PM
basic wire and valve locator is a personal preference the 521 and the armada pro-6/700 are pretty well matched. the pro-800 is by far the best available at this time but it still comes down to personal preference.