PDA

View Full Version : lawn biz for sale in Florida

the archer
01-16-2012, 04:38 PM
I am selling my established lawn accounts and equipment in Sarasota Florida, If anyone is interested in buying please contact me and I will give you more info. I am selling equipment and accounts together , not seperate.

50 plus accounts in and around Sarasota/Venice/Casey Key/Bradenton making about $6500 per month, can do the route in 4 days, most accounts have extra work done, trees and mulch etc which generates more income.

2 stihl blowers, 1 edger, 2 weedwackers, 1 hedge trimmer,pole saw chainsaws etc. most equipment bought for last years season and in excellent condition.
Low hours on Bbcat 61 inch deck zero turn mower still with warranties

Isuzu NPR deisel, enclosed trailer.

I have one worker who can stay on if needed.

This is a good solid business with good accounts that I have chosen over the past 6 years, mostly residential and a few commercial accounts.
Genuine reason for sale

marcusmac99
01-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Hi,

What is your contact info?
Mark

the archer
01-17-2012, 04:33 PM
you can emaill me lawnjockey@live.com

nwimaintenance
01-18-2012, 01:08 PM
I would be very interested if A: Icould sell my business and B: I could talk my wife into moving. Good luck and enjoy nice weather.

Ric
01-18-2012, 03:46 PM
I would be very interested if A: Icould sell my business and B: I could talk my wife into moving. Good luck and enjoy nice weather.

Just for the Record I sold my Lawn Accounts right after Hurricane Charlie when work was super plentiful. I sold for 25% of a years Gross or 3 months income. No equipment was included in that price, but I did sell a lot of equipment to my former employees who bought me out. In this economy I sure a Great Lawn Route in Srarsota (the second highest despostable income county in Fla.) might be worth more.

What you are Buying is INCOME & OPPERTUNITY. Before you jump on me and say I am pricing accounts TOO High, WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS WORTH??? Remember you are buying income and a good businessman can expand easier with an established company than as a new start up. Buying a business isn't cheap so don't be surprised at the asking price.

PS a non businessman can also drive a going business into the ground real quick.

nwimaintenance
01-18-2012, 05:13 PM
I would say that it should be worth 30-40% of a years gross. I am looking at getting 40% of my gross income for my business. Not sure how Florida business would compare to here up north.

Landscape Poet
01-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Just for the Record I sold my Lawn Accounts right after Hurricane Charlie when work was super plentiful. I sold for 25% of a years Gross or 3 months income. No equipment was included in that price, but I did sell a lot of equipment to my former employees who bought me out. In this economy I sure a Great Lawn Route in Srarsota (the second highest despostable income county in Fla.) might be worth more.

What you are Buying is INCOME & OPPERTUNITY. Before you jump on me and say I am pricing accounts TOO High, WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS WORTH??? Remember you are buying income and a good businessman can expand easier with an established company than as a new start up. Buying a business isn't cheap so don't be surprised at the asking price.

PS a non businessman can also drive a going business into the ground real quick.

I would say that putting forth 25% of gross for someone to add a quick $78K revenue bump for one year would be a safe bet in this economy assuming research was done to check the accuracy of the information given by the current owner, review of the accounts and tightness of route among other information.
What other business can you purchase with such a rapid ROI if handled appropriately at such a low cost in this environment?

jvanvliet
01-18-2012, 06:32 PM
at the very least be sure to look at the contracts, and include a no-compete clause.

Ric
01-18-2012, 07:37 PM

Any business is only worth what some one with money is willing to pay. Pest Control accounts are in big demand by the Big Boys and sell for up to 125% of a years gross. Lawn account while valuable, just might be a hard sell because most Wannabe Lawn guys don't have the Cash money or credit with a track record that a bank would want to gamble on.

nwimaintenance
01-18-2012, 10:32 PM

Any business is only worth what some one with money is willing to pay. Pest Control accounts are in big demand by the Big Boys and sell for up to 125% of a years gross. Lawn account while valuable, just might be a hard sell because most Wannabe Lawn guys don't have the Cash money or credit with a track record that a bank would want to gamble on.

You hit that right on the nose about people being able to come up with the money. I am looking for around 125,000 for my business and not sure anyone could come up with that.

Ric
01-19-2012, 10:29 AM
You hit that right on the nose about people being able to come up with the money. I am looking for around 125,000 for my business and not sure anyone could come up with that.

NWI

Sorry but most people with $ 125 K cash are not real interested in purchasing a Lawn Business. I used to buy mowing Business instead of advertising. Because I had both the irrigation and Pest License is was a great way to build those Accounts by up sells. Because it is so hard to sell a mowing business I could buy them sweat equity. I mowed them for so many months while the former guy collected. This make it more affordable for me and they got paid while still having some control.

RigglePLC
01-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Ric is right. Few have the cash to pay you. Few banks will loan for that situation. Banks may loan a few dollars on iron--equipment--because it is can be repoed.

You have to become your own bank. Let your buyer pay 20 percent per month and take a few percent for interest.

Protect yourself in case he fails to pay. As Ric suggested, let him do the work and you retain the company name and have the checks sent to you. After the final payment transfer the name and change the mailing address.

Deal the equipment separately.

Landscape Poet
01-19-2012, 02:51 PM

Who the hell is going to pay $125k to move back up north and live in that crap again? Especially in a Chicago area suburb or close to Gary IN....wasn't Gary the Murder capital of the country a few years back? Sounds like a great place to risk it all and move your family too.:nono: Sounds like a dream set up...where do I sign up? I personally can not wait to push snow :rolleyes: Good luck getting a buck and a quarter cash out of someone on that. :confused: Not saying you can not find a buyer...just doubting that you are going to get a cash price for it in this economy...unless a cash rich larger company feels it just has too much cash laying around and thinks investing in lawns is the best possible ROI they are going to see :nono:

Good Luck to you though.

fl-landscapes
01-19-2012, 04:28 PM
I would contact a business broker in your area. They will do a valuation on your business usually based on "owner benefit" . Owner benefit is your salary plus whatever benefits you have like company car health care etc. Most companies in general sell for 1-3 times owner benefit. A business broker will reach out to business people who want to make a return on investment. If your company is run soundly and has a track record of turning a profit you can sell it just like any other business. Biggest mistake people make trying to sell a landscape business is getting advice and valuations from broke lawn jockeys. Take artistree in my area. A business guy retiring from up north bought this company and one other company a few years back. The other company was an ice cream stand or something. Turned artistree into a 15 million dollar a year company (aprox.) Gross sales doesn't mean very much when evaluating a business, it's all about the profit. Go onto bizbuysell.com and you will find plenty of business like yours on there for sale.
Posted via Mobile Device

the archer
01-23-2012, 03:13 PM
I have had some good offers for my equipment, now considering selling equipment and accounts separately, If anyones interested please contact me.
pics of equipment available

nick

zturncutter
01-23-2012, 05:02 PM
I would contact a business broker in your area. They will do a valuation on your business usually based on "owner benefit" . Owner benefit is your salary plus whatever benefits you have like company car health care etc. Most companies in general sell for 1-3 times owner benefit. A business broker will reach out to business people who want to make a return on investment. If your company is run soundly and has a track record of turning a profit you can sell it just like any other business. Biggest mistake people make trying to sell a landscape business is getting advice and valuations from broke lawn jockeys. Take artistree in my area. A business guy retiring from up north bought this company and one other company a few years back. The other company was an ice cream stand or something. Turned artistree into a 15 million dollar a year company (aprox.) Gross sales doesn't mean very much when evaluating a business, it's all about the profit. Go onto bizbuysell.com and you will find plenty of business like yours on there for sale.
Posted via Mobile Device

I used a business broker in Sarasota, many years ago, to sell my business there. They found an officer in the Air Force that wanted to retire, move south and just keep busy, they got me a bunch more money than I would have had the --- to ask for. Go to a business broker !!!