PDA

View Full Version : Poulan 2050 ChainSaw

Butch1957
01-16-2012, 07:42 PM
How do the fuel line hoses hook up to the primer bulb ( two prong primer bulb; one short and one long ) and how do they hook up to the carburetor? Out of the tank one is the main feed with the fuel filter and the other is some type of vent it seems like. I took them off to replace and now I am confussed as in reference to what goes where.

Please Respond.

Thanks.

dutch1
01-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Without knowing what carb you have, hook up the line that sits in the fuel(with the fuel filter attached) to one of the barbs, then press the primer bulb repeatedly. If you get fuel to exit the other barb you're good to go--attach the return line to the barb from which the fuel exited. If you happen to attach the fuel line to the return barb, you'll push air back into the tank and you should be able to see air bubble up in the tank in which case you should switch the line to the other barb(suction side). Not rocket science.

piston slapper
01-16-2012, 08:50 PM
The short barb is suction and connects to the carb.
The long barb is discharge back into the fuel tank.
The line with the fuel filter goes directly to the carb.
Some poulans had another line coming out of the fueltank that had a tank vent on it.

Figured Id clean the plate, Dutch
Posted via Mobile Device

dutch1
01-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Very precise, Slapper. I knew someone with the real skinny would show up to take up the slack.

piston slapper
01-16-2012, 09:17 PM
For years I wouldn't work on the dept store saws.
They sold so many of them, and the fuel lines were only lasting a few years,
I figured that I might as well get good at the PITA job and take their money.
Posted via Mobile Device

dutch1
01-16-2012, 10:02 PM
You got that right, Slapper. Manufacturers of the box store equipment use absolutely the lowest quality fuel line they can find.

Butch1957
01-16-2012, 10:55 PM
THanks to all whom responded.

I will get to this project first thing in the morning.

I got some good input here, hopefully i can figure this thing out.