PDA

View Full Version : Secound Trailer

evergreenlandscaping2
01-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Considering buying trailer. looking to purchase my secound trailer. I have a 4x8 which i got for a steal of $300, has worked great for me for almost a year now. But were getting bigger and need to be able to move more than one mower. So time for another trailer. Have you guys ever heard of this brand? It looks to be one of the better trailers ive seen. well built. Any help appreciated. Thanks

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/for/2794911913.html

evergreenlandscaping2
01-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Considering buying trailer. looking to purchase my secound trailer. I have a 4x8 which i got for a steal of $300, has worked great for me for almost a year now. But were getting bigger and need to be able to move more than one mower. So time for another trailer. Have you guys ever heard of this brand? It looks to be one of the better trailers ive seen. well built. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Heres A Link to A post to the same make of trailer with alot better pictures.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=265153

mowerbrad
01-17-2012, 10:21 AM
It does appear to be a well built trailer, judging by the second link to the old ad on here.

I haven't heard of that brand before, so I'm guessing its something more local to your area. I know there are plenty of trailer manufacturers out there who don't sell nation wide like some of the big name brands out there (BigTex, Haulmark, etc).

As far as the one you are looking at, it tough to tell how good of condition it is in by the pictures. If you go to look at it, make sure to go over it well. Look for rust (more than just surface rust), how good of condition the deck is in, if all the lights work, the safety systems work, the gate is actually in decent condition, etc.

Lefet
01-17-2012, 11:53 AM

What exactly are you looking for in the second trailer?

evergreenlandscaping2
01-17-2012, 08:17 PM
What exactly are you looking for in the second trailer?

I have a 32 wb and 46 zero turn and am looking to get another bobcat 61 zero turn.

I would want to be able use this for my main trailer for lawns. And in the spring mulch and in the fall leave removal, and clean ups. I also like how it has the dual axul soo i would be able to have room for my expanding business. Incase in the near future i need to get a bobcat or tractor. And it also has equipment type ramps on the back and a reqauler gate which I really like. Ive never seen that before.

Im looking for a good all around trailer that will be a strong work horse. just like my 4x8 has been for me but i need something bigger now. Will be doing close to 60 lawns in the spring and only being able to move the zero turn isnt cutting it for me anymore.

Matt Hermann
01-17-2012, 08:45 PM
I have a 32 wb and 46 zero turn and am looking to get another bobcat 61 zero turn.

I would want to be able use this for my main trailer for lawns. And in the spring mulch and in the fall leave removal, and clean ups. I also like how it has the dual axul soo i would be able to have room for my expanding business. Incase in the near future i need to get a bobcat or tractor. And it also has equipment type ramps on the back and a reqauler gate which I really like. Ive never seen that before.

Im looking for a good all around trailer that will be a strong work horse. just like my 4x8 has been for me but i need something bigger now. Will be doing close to 60 lawns in the spring and only being able to move the zero turn isnt cutting it for me anymore.

Boy- go back to school and get educated. Nothing offensive here, but I completely notice you have a lack in your grammar. You can not run a business the way you are speaking to us....learn some English, kid.

Back to the trailer. It looks decent. My experience would be that the bigger the trailer and the more metal on it, the more its able to rust and require further repairs. Id just buy yourself another 4x8 trailer. They make these hookups for trailers where you can install a hitch to the rear of your current 4x8 trailer- so you could just hitch up 3 or 4 trailers therefore having up to 32' of trailer! Personally that would be the route I would take. If you would be interested in finding out how to do that, you can call my service manager at (609)-458-0396. I'm sure he will 'Fab you up something nice. Or shoot him an email at phillies07@gmail.com

Thanks for hearing me out- and hope all goes well!
A. O'Brien

mowerbrad
01-17-2012, 08:49 PM
It may be a tight fit on a 14' trailer for 3 mowers, it will definately be a huge upgrade from your current 4x8 trailer. That trailer will be good for mowing, but if you plan on hauling a skid steer ever (like you mentioned above) you will probably need to get a larger trailer. I would be very afraid that a skidsteer (depending on the size) would put that trailer overwieght. I think you could haul a compact tractor, but I would be hesitant about a skidsteer, I don't think the ramp would hold a full size skid steer well.

But for mowing or a small compact tractor, I think that trailer would serve you well.

evergreenlandscaping2
01-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Boy- go back to school and get educated. Nothing offensive here, but I completely notice you have a lack in your grammar. You can not run a business the way you are speaking to us....learn some English, kid.

Back to the trailer. It looks decent. My experience would be that the bigger the trailer and the more metal on it, the more its able to rust and require further repairs. Id just buy yourself another 4x8 trailer. They make these hookups for trailers where you can install a hitch to the rear of your current 4x8 trailer- so you could just hitch up 3 or 4 trailers therefore having up to 32' of trailer! Personally that would be the route I would take. If you would be interested in finding out how to do that, you can call my service manager at (609)-458-0396. I'm sure he will 'Fab you up something nice. Or shoot him an email at phillies07@gmail.com

Thanks for hearing me out- and hope all goes well!
A. O'Brien

My 2 numbers you can contact me at are cell: 6098176592 and
office:6099232627

Let me know if you have an advice.

thanks brothers

oomph
01-20-2012, 04:53 AM
it appears to be a good trailer, try and score it for under 2k though.

oomph
01-20-2012, 05:07 AM
Another member mentioned something about the Gatormade trailers being a good deal.

They sell stuff on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/gatormade1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3686

I bet if you call them direct, they may even be able to get you a better price. Since you're in jersey, its a bit of a drive, but you may get a better trailer out of it. Not to mention it's new vs used and one comparable to the one you're looking at on craigslist is listed on ebay for $1795

check them out!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2012-16-FT-UTILITY-LANDSCAPE-ATV-POWDER-COAT-PAINT-GATORMADE-TRAILER-KY-/400270883981?pt=Motors_Trailers&hash=item5d3200fc8d

Good luck