PDA

View Full Version : Advertising?

SouthValleyLandscapeMaint
01-18-2012, 02:59 PM
I am just curious which advertising tactics work best in your areas? Trying to come up with new ideas for spring!

KrayzKajun
01-18-2012, 03:05 PM
My best response has come from direct mail postcards. I'm gunna give door hangers a try this year too.
Posted via Mobile Device

JBlawn
01-18-2012, 03:37 PM
internet advertising is becoming better and better.

Dunlaps LawnCare
01-18-2012, 04:56 PM
internet advertising is becoming better and better.

i agree there

SouthValleyLandscapeMaint
01-18-2012, 11:25 PM
what kind of internet advertising?

jdutcher003
01-19-2012, 04:35 PM
get a website. You can make one or have someone make one for you and then it can be hosted for only a few bucks a month after they are made.

Dr.NewEarth
01-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Do you have a myspace account? You can use that as a platform for posting ads for free with pictures.

I use kajiji, Craigs list and if you search for "free advertising sites" or "free landscape advertising" you're bound to find a couple hundred more places to advertise.

Keep a list of sites you are on along with password etc. and have a file set up in your e-mail account where you can put all of the advertising sites messages for activating and editing accounts. If you go back to the site and edit every couple of days (or daily) you can keep your ad higher in the rankings for the site.

The other thing I use is more than one e-mail company (hotmail, gmail, yahoo) for advertising. You can post multiple ads on some sites if it doesn't register an isp for reference in their data bank. Most of the time they use the e-mail address only.

My company also has a flashy website and I blog which also brings in clients.

I have a facebook page for the company. Go for free instead of going for broke!

Panhead
02-01-2012, 03:22 AM
Stay away from SuperMedia, its a joke...

Dunlaps LawnCare
02-01-2012, 09:46 AM

i agree 100% with u there

TheBetterDoorhanger
02-04-2012, 10:44 AM
My best response has come from direct mail postcards. I'm gunna give door hangers a try this year too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Our customers agree that direct mail & door hangers are really great methods of advertising in your industry. We have a couple of really cool ad-on products that can really increase your ROI in this area. I'm talking about Band-It and Stick-It. Band-It keeps your door hanger on the door so it won't blow off & Stick allows your prospect to stick it right to their fridge for quick access to your information. You've really got to check it out if you haven't seen our revolutionary products before. We do direct mail also & have great specials going on right now! :) Please take a look:

http://www.adeasprinting.com/Door-Hangers

Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing
Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products
www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 200
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211

Daily Lawn/Landscape
02-04-2012, 11:14 AM
My greatest ROI have been Radio, TV. and yard signs. In that order. Outside of referrals of course.

James

Nightscaper
02-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Hey guys been a while since I posted anything. Planning on doing some door hangers followed by some lawnsigns and currently working on a website .

lawnlandscape
02-05-2012, 11:45 AM
door hangers. door hangers, door hangers. make sure they look nice or it will be bad advertising. gotprint.net is where we go.

arninglawns
02-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Picked up 27 new customers in December and 29 in January. No door hangers, no paper advertising of any kind. No yellow pages, no bandit signs. Only internet, no paid advertising whatsoever, aside from very little PPC on AdWords Express, only because I wanted to see what it would do. My website (http://www.arninglawns.com) had 1682 hits in January. I use to starve in January and February, now I can barely answer the phone, I'm going to hire an office assistant. Your time and money are better spent learning how to get your business to the top of the Google search results. The marketing you do online works for years, unlike a paper door hanger.

cpllawncare
02-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Picked up 27 new customers in December and 29 in January. No door hangers, no paper advertising of any kind. No yellow pages, no bandit signs. Only internet, no paid advertising whatsoever, aside from very little PPC on AdWords Express, only because I wanted to see what it would do. My website (http://www.arninglawns.com) had 1682 hits in January. I use to starve in January and February, now I can barely answer the phone, I'm going to hire an office assistant. Your time and money are better spent learning how to get your business to the top of the Google search results. The marketing you do online works for years, unlike a paper door hanger.

Not a bad website, but those prices would put me out of business in no time. Are you a member of the BBB? that's a biggie around here as is being licensed and insured and having your pest control license all biggies at least around here. I'm on Manta as well. Who did your website if you don't mind me asking?

cpllawncare
02-06-2012, 09:55 PM
door hangers. door hangers, door hangers. make sure they look nice or it will be bad advertising. gotprint.net is where we go.

All the nice neighborhoods around here don't allow door hangers so not so much with the door hangers, maybe as a part of your advertising but certainly not the MAIN part. Get on Angie's list and work those leads and get good reference letters they are golden.

Ticolawnllc
02-06-2012, 10:13 PM

Half my web customers come from SuperMedia. The other half is from Google maps and I use a local paper that only covers 3 small towns. All the oldtimers read it.

Google add words is hit or miss.

Ticolawnllc
02-06-2012, 10:16 PM
All the nice neighborhoods around here don't allow door hangers so not so much with the door hangers, maybe as a part of your advertising but certainly not the MAIN part. Get on Angie's list and work those leads and get good reference letters they are golden.

How do you work that? Do you offer a discount so long as they sign up and write a good review?

They charge the costomer for an account right and we can't join as a business?

cpllawncare
02-06-2012, 11:35 PM
How do you work that? Do you offer a discount so long as they sign up and write a good review?

They charge the costomer for an account right and we can't join as a business?

Absolutly join as a business! that's the whole point,millions of people use it to look for reputable companies and stay away from the fly by night guys, it an extremely valuable advertising tool, you have to make sure your doing quality work though or your name will be mud.Go to the home page and then to the business center and register as a service provider.You need to be licensed and insured also, for best results.

Ticolawnllc
02-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Thanks colLawncare.

I just added my Facebook page and I'm giveing the website a once over. I also got some Techoblock door hangers for free at a show. For paver guys they will give a huge discount for post cards and door hangers so long as you use their design.

#1 on my list is putting my website on my trucks and trailer, and I'm going to add a huge business name to the door. I have something on there now but I want it to say TICO'S and thats it. So big every one will see us coming 4 blocks away.

I'm working hard on our brand. White trucks green letters. Jokerman text for the biz name.

#2 From what I understand the more social media you use with your website name the higer up on goolgle you will show up. Like on my facebook I'm going to repeat the website name, and target words (landscaping, Lawn Care, Patio, Lawn Maintenance) as much as I can.

arninglawns
02-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Not a bad website, but those prices would put me out of business in no time. Are you a member of the BBB? that's a biggie around here as is being licensed and insured and having your pest control license all biggies at least around here. I'm on Manta as well. Who did your website if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks. Built the website myself using Vistaprint's software, but I'm working on one now that will be much better. Should be live in about 10 days.

My prices are middle of the road here, and the guys can easily do $5000 worth a week for only about $1800 labor, so it works for me. Especially since I haven't held a weedeater in two years.

Not a member of BBB; no such thing as a lawn care license in Texas; I have $1M GL insurance. Don't do pest control, just more specialized/licensed people I would have to babysit, so it doesn't interest me.

Exact Rototilling
02-07-2012, 12:20 AM
So how does one combine the market density aspect of door hangers and flyers with internet based marketing? I'm looking to slash my drive time and I want focus on specific neighborhoods.

Posted via Mobile Device

Ticolawnllc
02-07-2012, 08:24 AM
So how does one combine the market density aspect of door hangers and flyers with internet based marketing? I'm looking to slash my drive time and I want focus on specific neighborhoods.

Posted via Mobile Device

I think google add words can do a radius of your location.

arninglawns
02-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Start by building a Google Places page. Make sure your NAP (name, address, phone number) match your website. Google shows it's search results based on relevance, so your name will show up higher in a search done by your next door neighbor than someone in the next town. You can increase your relevance by adding pictures, details and getting customer reviews. Do the same thing at Bing and Yahoo!, and then on down the list of popular search engines. It's important to do them all and do them consistently. 80% of searchers use Google, but Google bases your relevance on how many people are "talking" about you. The more links to you, the better.
Posted via Mobile Device

cpllawncare
02-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks. Built the website myself using Vistaprint's software, but I'm working on one now that will be much better. Should be live in about 10 days.

My prices are middle of the road here, and the guys can easily do $5000 worth a week for only about $1800 labor, so it works for me. Especially since I haven't held a weedeater in two years.

Not a member of BBB; no such thing as a lawn care license in Texas; I have $1M GL insurance. Don't do pest control, just more specialized/licensed people I would have to babysit, so it doesn't interest me.

I didn't mean lawncare license, I don't think there is such a license, but a business license, here is SC you have to have a license to spray anykind of weed control or fertilization chemicals, we're grouped in with the pest control guys so that is why it's called a pest control license.

wbw
02-07-2012, 11:48 PM
I didn't mean lawncare license, I don't think there is such a license, but a business license, here is SC you have to have a license to spray anykind of weed control or fertilization chemicals, we're grouped in with the pest control guys so that is why it's called a pest control license.

No business license needed to mow or landscape. Electricians, plumbers etc need to be licensed.

mowing4rlife
02-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Has anyone put out black and white flyers before? I have a friend that can print 1,000 flyers for me for free, but without color.

lawnlandscape
02-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Has anyone put out black and white flyers before? I have a friend that can print 1,000 flyers for me for free, but without color.

Biggest factor in putting our flyers is the time it takes, not the cost. If your going to do it, I think your wasting your time putting out black and white flyers.

I also think there is a such thing as negative advertising and that would be the way to do it.

Black and white tells people you dont care and are cheap in the way you do things.

Just my 2.

mowing4rlife
02-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Biggest factor in putting our flyers is the time it takes, not the cost. If your going to do it, I think your wasting your time putting out black and white flyers.

I also think there is a such thing as negative advertising and that would be the way to do it.

Black and white tells people you dont care and are cheap in the way you do things.

Just my 2.

That is the type of answer i needed, thank you for helping me out.
:drinkup: