PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Gotprint.com for postcard printing?

KrayzKajun
01-18-2012, 02:27 PM
i usually use overnightprints.com for my postcards. i have the designs finished. i wanna do two printings (2500pieces each). each printing a different design.

i got a quote from gotprint.com for 2500pieces 4"x6" , 14pt, color both sides, glossy UV coating. Total was $68.00 before shipping. w/ shipping would be right at $81.00 to my house. before shipping it comes out right under $0.03 per card

has anyone used them lately? How was the quality of the postcard?

anyone recommend any other places that are close in price?

lbmd1
01-18-2012, 05:52 PM
We have used them several times and the quality is phenomenal!!!! Price can't be beat. Have had many people including the post master and the mailing firm we use comment on the quality and price. We are placing another order in about a week for another 2500 postcards.

Mike

KrayzKajun
01-18-2012, 06:00 PM
We have used them several times and the quality is phenomenal!!!! Price can't be beat. Have had many people including the post master and the mailing firm we use comment on the quality and price. We are placing another order in about a week for another 2500 postcards.

Mike

Thanks for the info!
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
01-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Use them for business cards..... good value I would say. I go between them and this place which will match there price if they are better....quality is outstanding as well and turnaround is quick. http://www.printplace.com/printing/door-hanger.aspx

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Wow gotprint's prices are by far the lowest I've seen for printing services full color both sides 14 pt. gloss....

KrayzKajun
01-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Wow gotprint's prices are by far the lowest I've seen for printing services full color both sides 14 pt. gloss....

yea when i saw the price, i was shocked. i think im gunna give them a try.

Bunton Guy
01-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Those prices want to make me go hog wild on 10K post cards...till I figure how much it will cost to mail them!!!

How much is bulk rate mail? isn't it .28 per post card when mailing over 300 ?

I looked on USPS website and it seemed like a PITA to get a bulk mail permit. You have to sort the mail for them (which is why its cheaper I understand) but with the time innvested it better me a money maker :hammerhead:

I've always done flyers & got around 1/10 of a % return rate. So it makes me nervous to spend 10 times more on post cards then what I spend of flyers.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Those prices want to make me go hog wild on 10K post cards...till I figure how much it will cost to mail them!!!

How much is bulk rate mail? isn't it .28 per post card when mailing over 300 ?

I looked on USPS website and it seemed like a PITA to get a bulk mail permit. You have to sort the mail for them (which is why its cheaper I understand) but with the time innvested it better me a money maker :hammerhead:

I've always done flyers & got around 1/10 of a % return rate. So it makes me nervous to spend 10 times more on post cards then what I spend of flyers.

The cheaper way to go is their every door direct mail program, but then you can't pick and choose who gets them, everyone on the mail route get them...

GreenI.A.
01-19-2012, 10:03 PM
I do all of my mailings and printing through GotPrint.com. Their quality is by far the best I have found, their prices are great, and their service is better than any other printing company i have found. I have done business cards, letter head, trifold brochures, presentation folders, postcards, flyers, hangtags, notepads, stickers, and postcards. They offer Direct Mail marketting programs where you can get 5,000 5.5x8.5" postcards sent out to the demographic you specify for under $2,400, thats printed and mailed to your demos for under .47 each. I would recomend going to infousa.com and playing with their interactive map and finding the demographics you would want to specify to gotprint But, gotprint will work with you aswell to get you the most amount of mailers to the houses you want within your budget. I can't say enough good stuff about them, best thing they are not pushy at all

KrayzKajun
01-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks Green Industry.
Posted via Mobile Device

stevenf
01-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Quality / contrast is second to none! I have done a postcard mailout with them and it was good as well. However uspseverydoor.com is 14.2 cents a piece......
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenI.A.
01-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Quality / contrast is second to none! I have done a postcard mailout with them and it was good as well. However uspseverydoor.com is 14.2 cents a piece......
Posted via Mobile Device

right but with USPS Every door, it is going to every door. If it is a three family house hat is rented out, that is three tennents you are sending it to who do not buy lawn care. Does the area your are marketting have a section with lower income neighborhoods that you don't target? because usps will send it to them. Simply when you figure in the percentage of mailings that are making into the mailboxes of those you would not otherwise market, then usps may be costing you alot more than that 14.2 cents. What are you paying for printing per piece? If you are paying .10 a piece then you are paying .24 per piece mailed out. Are 50% of those hitting your demographic area? I would try playing with infousa.com's maps, put in the zipcodes or postal routes you would have usps everydoor deliver to and get a total number of residential addresses, then adjust your demographics and see how quickly the numbers drop.

You may find that usps everydoor is more cost effective for you. I find that it is not the best for our industry. A pizza place that wants to get their menu in every mailbox weather its a owner or renter, weathy or poor owner.

phillie
01-20-2012, 12:29 AM
I use gotprint for everything as well. I got 2500 6x8 postcards for 120+20 shipping. I put them in a plastic doorhanger bag, great quality. The 14pt is the postcard paper type not the 100 lb.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-20-2012, 12:33 AM
I've played around with my everydoor account and I would say the price is about 10% so for a route of 1000 it was around $100, and I was honestly surprised at how small some of my areas routes are, which I think will be good so there's not too many wasted cards, but its still inevitable with the EDDM program to have some waste, but it is definitely a lot cheaper of a way to go...

justinc
01-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Went with gotprint last summer for 1,000 postcards. I provided them with a mailing list and it cost around 360.00 all together if I remember correctly (includes postage). The print quality was terrific. I had a few returned to me because of bad addresses is the reason I know. I'm trying to decide if I should use them this spring again or go with Cactus mailing. I believe Cactus is a little cheaper.

rhyan6
02-04-2012, 05:20 PM
just got my 10,000 5.5 x 8.5 flyers. I revived them in 4 days for 344.00 bucks and 74.00 to ship. Will continue to use them for everything. Quality was great.

KrayzKajun
02-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Tried to order my postcards tonight. They must be having trouble with their site, once I got my files uploaded & proceed to checkout the website goes down. Maybe from so many people being online due to the Giants just winning the Superbowl.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
02-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Tried to order my postcards tonight. They must be having trouble with their site, once I got my files uploaded & proceed to checkout the website goes down. Maybe from so many people being online due to the Giants just winning the Superbowl.

You gonna print out your own mailing labels, etc..??

KrayzKajun
02-05-2012, 10:09 PM
You gonna print out your own mailing labels, etc..??

Sure am. I have all the labels printed.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
02-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Sure am. I have all the labels printed.

How much are the stamps for those again? 5.5x8.5 postcards right?

KrayzKajun
02-05-2012, 10:30 PM
How much are the stamps for those again? 5.5x8.5 postcards right?

4x6 postcards. $0.29 each if mailed in batches of 500. The bigger cards cost same as mailing a letter.
Posted via Mobile Device

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
02-05-2012, 10:36 PM
4x6 postcards. $0.29 each if mailed in batches of 500. The bigger cards cost same as mailing a letter.
Posted via Mobile Device

What made you decide to go with the smaller cards? Just postage costs?

KrayzKajun
02-05-2012, 10:49 PM
What made you decide to go with the smaller cards? Just postage costs?

Ive used that size for the last three years & had great success. The bigger cards remind me more of junk flyers in the mail. I could almost mail out another 5k of 4x6 based off of the just postage difference of the bigger cards.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
02-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Ive used that size for the last three years & had great success. The bigger cards remind me more of junk flyers in the mail. I could almost mail out another 5k of 4x6 based off of the just postage difference of the bigger cards.

That's true, and the printing is quite a bit cheaper as well... Whats worked best, trying to hit the higher end homes neighborhoods, or middle of the road type homes, etc??

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
02-05-2012, 11:27 PM

Have you ever used cards where you have a box to write in the price for their property with or without being asked to??

JContracting
02-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Got 1000 business cards from them last February. Quality & price is second to none! Cant remember the paper type but glossy, the font I wanted and 100% designed by me via their design setup on their website, took me a while to design (wanted it perfect) and couldn't be happier! I will definitely be using them in the future!

KrayzKajun
02-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Took a lunch break & ordered my postcards from gotprint. 5000 4x6 gloss, color on both sides (ordered 2500 of each design I made) w/ shipping came to $160 (right at $0.03 per card) can't wait for them to come in.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mahoney3223
02-07-2012, 10:47 PM
any of you guys have the direct mail service with gotprint and what it cost? thanks :)

TheBetterDoorhanger
02-12-2012, 09:30 PM
I agree that there are a lot of great printing companies out here. I want to let you know about some of the benefits Adeas can offer though!!!
We are a family owned printing business that really cares about every single customer & we'd love it if you all gave us a try-we really understand the lawn care industry.

Request A sample packet from us so you can try our products out and see the quality for yourself!

Here is a link to our door hanger page. :) Please check out the amazing benefits of our Band-It & Stick-It products & also our great specials.

CHECK OUT OUR GALLERY FOR LAWN & LANDSCAPING BACKGROUNDS, EMAIL ME YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION AND I’LL SEND YOU A COMPLETE LIBRARY OF OUR LAWN & LANDSCAPING BACKGROUNDS!

www.AdeasPrinting.com/Door-Hangers

Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing
Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products
www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 200
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211
Edit/Delete Message

GreenI.A.
02-12-2012, 10:22 PM
any of you guys have the direct mail service with gotprint and what it cost? thanks :)

Right on their home screen, around the middle of it, there is a box for their direct mail program, it says "direct mail marketing". Click on it and it will give you pricing for 4x6 and 5.5x8 postcards and trifolds in 1000 2500 & 5000 quantities. They'll quote you prices on any quantity or paper size and type you want.

KrayzKajun
02-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Received my order today from gotprint. Ordered them on the 7th. All I can say is wow. The quality is fantastic, the gloss on both sides just makes them pop.

phillie
02-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Received my order today from gotprint. Ordered them on the 7th. All I can say is wow. The quality is fantastic, the gloss on both sides just makes them pop.

My order is in print now. 10k doorhangers for $560 after shipping. Gotprint is a great company, fast turn around time and decent quality. Im sure the other companies are good to but I havent used them because gotprint is cheaper.

nherweck
02-15-2012, 09:05 AM
I planned on using GotPrint, as I have in the past many times before...but after designing one item, adding it to my cart, and stepping away to take my neice and nephew to their father's house, they raised their prices. They went up $20 just for my business cards...I gave up and switched to overnightprints.com--they were a bit more expensive than my original price, but cheaper than the newer inflated price they setup on Sunday evening.

I was definitely disappointed, but this way, I get to compare my old cards (from GotPrint.com) to my new cards (OvernightPrints.com).

DUSTYCEDAR
02-15-2012, 09:13 AM
i used got print a few years ago with great results
i need to order more and need to check out the others thanks for the info

Diamondpro
02-15-2012, 08:03 PM
I use gotprint for everything as well. I got 2500 6x8 postcards for 120+20 shipping. I put them in a plastic doorhanger bag, great quality. The 14pt is the postcard paper type not the 100 lb.

What kind of return did you get out of these?

phillie
02-16-2012, 12:35 AM
What kind of return did you get out of these?

These particular ones were for snow removal but I got 18 driveways with them.
If you wanna check the design the front is on my site under winter service and the back is under specials.

Wiedmann
02-16-2012, 12:49 AM
These particular ones were for snow removal but I got 18 driveways with them.
If you wanna check the design the front is on my site under winter service and the back is under specials.

I like your website and information on it. I really liked the "groupon" special you had on there. I've always wanted to offer something but never had a name for it like that! Makes me want to offer something like that for mowing and stuff.

Wiedmann
02-16-2012, 12:54 AM
when you guys are using these sites to buy door hangers and postcards how many of you are having them design your hanger/postcard for you? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to have a website like these design mine for me or if I'll have a local company do it. Got a price of $180 to have a local print shop design a postcard for me. Seems like a little high but it will be unique and I won't have to worry about other lco having the same one.

mkarps
02-16-2012, 02:16 AM
My employer ordered about 5k of a few different postcards from gotpirint. We paid someone local to design the postcards...$100 per design. They are great quality. We added them in as upsell for grub preventative in prepay packages and also through them in with bills in the spring to try to pick up more work. 2 sided and full color great quality.

FullBlast
02-16-2012, 06:33 AM
I have used Gotprint many times and have a few more things to order here before spring. I have nothing but good to say. Fast, Good quality, and cheap!!! What more can you ask for.

I have never used their mailing program tho, I will have to check that out.

phillie
02-16-2012, 02:12 PM
when you guys are using these sites to buy door hangers and postcards how many of you are having them design your hanger/postcard for you? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to have a website like these design mine for me or if I'll have a local company do it. Got a price of $180 to have a local print shop design a postcard for me. Seems like a little high but it will be unique and I won't have to worry about other lco having the same one.

Wiedman, thanks... My site is still under construction. I design my stuff with my friend. He knows how to use the software and I like having a creative part of the design. $180 may be a little high but it is art. All artist get paid differently and its up to the person paying them to decide if its worth it. Usually you will pay less than that if you have the print company design it for you. My door hangers will be in those same spots here in a few days as I switch to spring advertising from winter. BTW- the groupon worked great, it helped up my customer count from 12 to 18 for that particular advertisement.

TheBetterDoorhanger
02-16-2012, 07:24 PM
i usually use overnightprints.com for my postcards. i have the designs finished. i wanna do two printings (2500pieces each). each printing a different design.

i got a quote from gotprint.com for 2500pieces 4"x6" , 14pt, color both sides, glossy UV coating. Total was $68.00 before shipping. w/ shipping would be right at $81.00 to my house. before shipping it comes out right under $0.03 per card

has anyone used them lately? How was the quality of the postcard?

anyone recommend any other places that are close in price?

YES! I can recommend us :) We are a family owned printing business in Kansas and we specialize in ads for your industry. We ship all over the U.S. Our prices are competitive with all the big guys and we do an amazing job (if I may brag a little) Call me & I can send you a FREE sample pack of our products. I will also send you Band-It & Stick-It & you can see how they work for yourself. Here is a video & link to or website:
http://www.adeasprinting.com/

WE ALSO HAVE FREE DESIGN SERVICES & OUR DESIGNERS ARE TOP NOTCH!
Here's a link to our image gallery: http://www.adeasprinting.com/Gallery

We are not at all pushy sales people, we just wanna get your attention ;)
If you have any questions at all give me a ring, we love talking to new people!
Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing

www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 204
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211

JContracting
02-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Phillie, what wad tour groupon deal?
Posted via Mobile Device

phillie
02-17-2012, 01:45 AM
Phillie, what wad tour groupon deal?
Posted via Mobile Device

I didnt actually go through group-on.com. I just worded it group-on.. Basically if 3 or more neighbors sign up at the same time I give them all 10% off in an attempt to keep a tight route.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
02-17-2012, 01:50 AM
YES! I can recommend us :) We are a family owned printing business in Kansas and we specialize in ads for your industry. We ship all over the U.S. Our prices are competitive with all the big guys and we do an amazing job (if I may brag a little) Call me & I can send you a FREE sample pack of our products. I will also send you Band-It & Stick-It & you can see how they work for yourself. Here is a video & link to or website:
http://www.adeasprinting.com/

WE ALSO HAVE FREE DESIGN SERVICES & OUR DESIGNERS ARE TOP NOTCH!
Here's a link to our image gallery: http://www.adeasprinting.com/Gallery

We are not at all pushy sales people, we just wanna get your attention ;)
If you have any questions at all give me a ring, we love talking to new people!
Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing

www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 204
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211

Where's a link to your Printing only prices?

JContracting
02-17-2012, 01:59 AM
Who did you do it through? You can PM me if you want. That is definitely something I'd be interesting in doing.

phillie
02-17-2012, 03:46 AM
Who did you do it through? You can PM me if you want. That is definitely something I'd be interesting in doing.

Oh. I didnt go through anybody.. I just put it on the back of my postcards. If you go to my site then go to specials you will see it. The post cards I used like door hangers.

JContracting
02-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Where is a Link to your site? I'm on my phone so I can't see your sig.
Posted via Mobile Device

phillie
02-18-2012, 12:47 AM
my website sucks on a phone but its theothersidecares.com

NOVAMowing
02-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Thanks for all of the information guys, I am ordering 10,000 door hangers next week. GotPrint will get my business unless A'deas can offer me the same quality paper at the same price (Their website shows they only do door hangers in 80# paper. I want the 14pt. card stock)

I will update when I recieve my product... So very excited!

FullBlast
02-20-2013, 06:06 AM
I have been using them for a few years now I like got print. Nice quality. And you usually can have it one week from the time you order!!