PDA

View Full Version : Door Hangers

944own
01-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Where do you order your door hangers from. Who has the best prices. I want to upload my own design. Vistaprint does not do door hangers. I have ordered stuff from them before but I called them and they do not do them.

Chevy z71
01-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Was thinking about trying these this year but I don't know I still have alot of cards I can still pass out.

unkownfl
01-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Go to a local print shop or ask your nearest pizza shop.

Landscape Poet
01-18-2012, 06:23 PM
944OWN,

I have used this place the last couple of years. There price is usually lower for the color and quality I want - they will however match prices if you find a price and quality similar to theirs elsewhere.
The quality you will not be disappointed with.

Also if you want to support one of these sites sponsors there is a company specializing in doorhangers. Search The Better Door Hanger on here and I have a feeling you will find the sponsors info. If not a rep has responded recently in a thread in the FL forum below - I think it is called something about a 75 year old woman.

Wecutgrass
01-18-2012, 06:26 PM
i used cheapdoorhangers.com for 10,000 it cost me 296 shipped. the colored door hangers were around 520 shipped. i don't see the point of going color i don't think some one will look at a door hanger and think "I'm not hiring this company because the door hangers are not in color" the quality of the door hanger from cheapdoorhanger.com is very decent. they came in under a week.:clapping:

944own
01-18-2012, 06:30 PM
944OWN,

I have used this place the last couple of years. There price is usually lower for the color and quality I want - they will however match prices if you find a price and quality similar to theirs elsewhere.
The quality you will not be disappointed with.

Also if you want to support one of these sites sponsors there is a company specializing in doorhangers. Search The Better Door Hanger on here and I have a feeling you will find the sponsors info. If not a rep has responded recently in a thread in the FL forum below - I think it is called something about a 75 year old woman.

do you have a link to the place you use. thanks

Landscape Poet
01-18-2012, 07:02 PM
do you have a link to the place you use. thanks

sorry - here you go http://www.printplace.com/printing/door-hanger.aspx

I disagree with the above poster about not using color. First it does not give a good look, second you have just a few seconds of them looking at it to determine if they are actually truly going to read it. Proper color selection will help draw their attention and nice design will keep it. Me personally I do not read 99% of the crap left on my door that is a regular flyer or is not in color and I live in flyer capital of the world FL. I figure if they can not afford a proper door hanger what other short cuts will they think is ok to take? Color is a great investment. Not sure on your marketing strategy but I generally stay smaller on the door hangers and use them just to supplement other marketing campaigns. I use them to target homes in subdivsions we are already in.....not just throw a bunch out and hope they stick and end up with accounts left all around town with gas at $3.50 a gallon. My thoughts are order enough to keep you able to target and nail the neighborhoods you are in ...leave the flyering everything in the world to the newbies as the return rate is lower on doorhangers and not worth paying one of your guys to canvas a neighborhood hours on end. One last thing - turnaround is quick as you will see on the order selection, but can be faster if needed....so why the heck would you order 10K at once? The smart choice is to order 1 or 2 K - distribute - evaluate if they are working - if not why and make appropriate changes and re order the new ones.

LawnoftheMonth
01-18-2012, 08:35 PM
www.3000doorhangers.com has always worked out well for me, but I don't know their current prices.

944own
01-18-2012, 09:13 PM
sorry - here you go http://www.printplace.com/printing/door-hanger.aspx

I disagree with the above poster about not using color. First it does not give a good look, second you have just a few seconds of them looking at it to determine if they are actually truly going to read it. Proper color selection will help draw their attention and nice design will keep it. Me personally I do not read 99% of the crap left on my door that is a regular flyer or is not in color and I live in flyer capital of the world FL. I figure if they can not afford a proper door hanger what other short cuts will they think is ok to take? Color is a great investment. Not sure on your marketing strategy but I generally stay smaller on the door hangers and use them just to supplement other marketing campaigns. I use them to target homes in subdivsions we are already in.....not just throw a bunch out and hope they stick and end up with accounts left all around town with gas at $3.50 a gallon. My thoughts are order enough to keep you able to target and nail the neighborhoods you are in ...leave the flyering everything in the world to the newbies as the return rate is lower on doorhangers and not worth paying one of your guys to canvas a neighborhood hours on end. One last thing - turnaround is quick as you will see on the order selection, but can be faster if needed....so why the heck would you order 10K at once? The smart choice is to order 1 or 2 K - distribute - evaluate if they are working - if not why and make appropriate changes and re order the new ones.
This is What I am planning on just hitting the nicer subdivisions that I am already in to Puck up a few more this year. I have had good luck with flyers the past couple years and just think the door hangers look better. I am gonna order 1000 full color. I called the people at betterdoorhangers and I can get 1000 for around 120 shipped. It costs almost that just to go make copies of a flier.
Posted via Mobile Device

phillie
01-18-2012, 09:21 PM
gotprint.com is the cheapest I have found. You get to pick the quality, I suggest the 14pt paper. I had door hangers within 1-2 weeks and I have been using them for a few years. BTW, I think your advertising is your first impression and I think color draws the eye a lot faster than black and white.

TriCityLawnCareLLC
01-18-2012, 09:28 PM
I use adeas. They've been great to me and the product is awesome. Just google adeas printing
Posted via Mobile Device

944own
01-18-2012, 10:00 PM
I use adeas. They've been great to me and the product is awesome. Just google adeas printing
Posted via Mobile Device

That is who I called did u get the ones with the sticky back
Posted via Mobile Device

944own
01-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Here is the one I made last night. I downloaded the free trial of illustrator and made this. I just took a pic of it rather than have to convert from pdf to jpeg. I had a few different things at the top and now says Professional Lawn Care. What do you think and is there anything you would change before I send it in.

osmann_lawn
01-18-2012, 10:41 PM
http://www.plan-itgraphics.com/

944own
01-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Here it is again, I changed a few things around and got rid of blowing. LOL And pulled the logo up a little. It looked stretched out.

TriCityLawnCareLLC
01-18-2012, 11:40 PM
That is who I called did u get the ones with the sticky back
Posted via Mobile Device

I got the sticky backs the first time i ordered from Adeas. I'm sticking to the band-it type now. Had roughly 6 calls of complaints from the sticky ones.

944own
01-18-2012, 11:43 PM
I got the sticky backs the first time i ordered from Adeas. I'm sticking to the band-it type now. Had roughly 6 calls of complaints from the sticky ones.

Thanks that is good to know. If I get the sticky ones I will just leave the sticky back covered so if they want to stick it on something they can.

944own
01-19-2012, 01:32 AM
Or this I added the (At Affordable Prices). Would you put that on there it looked a little bare at the top

Landscape Poet
01-19-2012, 05:06 AM
Much better than black and white doesn't it? Just a few more suggestions....use color fonts that will pop on it instead of just black. Especially on key words that you want to highlight - for example it appears your attention is to make sure they know it is a Professional Service.....then should that not be a brighter color which draws the eye to it?

Right Below your "Contact .........." put you phone number is big easy to read bold print....it is the reason you are leaving it anyway, you are wanting them to call - so make it clear and big and vibrant so it is easy for them to do so.

944own
01-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Much better than black and white doesn't it? Just a few more suggestions....use color fonts that will pop on it instead of just black. Especially on key words that you want to highlight - for example it appears your attention is to make sure they know it is a Professional Service.....then should that not be a brighter color which draws the eye to it?

Right Below your "Contact .........." put you phone number is big easy to read bold print....it is the reason you are leaving it anyway, you are wanting them to call - so make it clear and big and vibrant so it is easy for them to do so.

What do you think about this. There is really no color that shows up better I have tried a few and white looks OK. I thought about orange but it really did not show up.

v6rs97
01-19-2012, 09:49 AM
http://kustomprintz.ecrater.com/search.php?keywords=door+hanger

944own
01-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Or do you like this better with the pics or is that too much?

Landscape Poet
01-19-2012, 03:29 PM

I think that is more eye catching don't you? You mentioned on the yellow lettering being the only letters that show up well.....what about red outlined in yellow? That should be bright but contrast nicely. One thing I remember from marketing class in college...... two sets of colors always contrast and gain peoples attention the quickest. Yellow with Blue.....and Orange and Blue I think...not sure about the second one. I do remember Yellow and Blue....look at my profile Pic.....everything I have for advertising purposes ....Blue and Yellow or Yellow and Blue. May not be the prettiest thing you ever see...but I tell you one thing...my trailer sign stands out in front of all the lawn jockies down here with there traditional green/black/white trailer sign.

Overall I think your flyer is getting there.....again...the most important thing I want them to see...my phone number. Everything else does not matter because you just need them to call so you can close the sale.

Landscape Poet
01-19-2012, 03:35 PM
One last thing - if you are truly going to be handing out just in neighborhoods that you already service - you are familiar enough with the lot sizes you should be able to give a pretty accurate quote just glancing at the property.....what about a area at the bottom that say you estimated cost of service would be__________ and a area for you to fill in the blank with your estimated price. One thing I have found is that if people do not think they can afford your service they will not call.....you just eliminated the guess work for them and made it much more likely that you will get a call as they will no if you are in there price range. This one little add on will save you time from going on sales calls which the Homeowner did not have realistic prices in mind. Gas is too expensive waste time going to talk to people who can not afford your services anyway.

Landscape Poet
01-19-2012, 03:39 PM
On your list of services...will this make it sound more professional and clean and exact.

Mulch Installation - Mulching
Pruning and Trimming - instead of Shrub Trimming
Seasonal Clean Up - instead of General Clean Up

And last but not least - do you do installations? If so this is to profitable of a catagory to not mention.

KrayzKajun
01-19-2012, 03:56 PM

Now tht looks good!
Posted via Mobile Device

LaLawnGuy
01-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Jonathan @ KustomPrintz is great to deal with.
Posted via Mobile Device

944own
01-19-2012, 04:36 PM
On your list of services...will this make it sound more professional and clean and exact.

Mulch Installation - Mulching
Pruning and Trimming - instead of Shrub Trimming
Seasonal Clean Up - instead of General Clean Up

And last but not least - do you do installations? If so this is to profitable of a catagory to not mention.

I changed the pic of the truck to what I think is a better pic of the truck. I have already sent it to the printers but I did call them about outlining the yellow and they are gonna do that in black. I think it will make it stand out better. Here is what I sent them just not yellow outlined yet. It ended up being 135 for 1000 full color only one side from adeasprinting.com.

944own
01-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Now tht looks good!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks man I like trying to do things I have never done before. LOL

osmann_lawn
01-21-2012, 04:12 AM
I think if you fade or round the edges on those 2 pictures of your equipment it might make it pop a little more.

417lawncare
02-02-2012, 09:24 PM
So to the guys who have already put out door hangers in the past, what percent called you? 1%? If so that would be 10 for every 1000. I am very curious because I am about to put in an order for either 1000 or 2500 but am undecided. Your answers would help me and I assume the creator of this thread.

Wecutgrass
02-02-2012, 09:28 PM
I passed out 400 on Monday and got two calls
Posted via Mobile Device

944own
02-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you get the 2 or was it BS. I ordered 1000 and they just arrived today so we will see. I have had better luck than 2 for 400 with just cheap looking fliers I printed out on my laser printer.

Wecutgrass
02-02-2012, 09:32 PM
I got both the lawns of the people who called.
Posted via Mobile Device

944own
02-02-2012, 09:34 PM
I got both the lawns of the people who called.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats not to bad then. Some people will probably hang on to them and call closer to mowing season. Good luck

Wecutgrass
02-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Ya, thanks I plan on passing out this weekend. Good luck to you as well! I hope 2012 brings lots of new laws and is very prosperous
Posted via Mobile Device

417lawncare
02-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you put these on their doors?

Wecutgrass
02-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Yes hung them on the door handle
Posted via Mobile Device

phillie
02-03-2012, 12:19 AM
So to the guys who have already put out door hangers in the past, what percent called you? 1%? If so that would be 10 for every 1000. I am very curious because I am about to put in an order for either 1000 or 2500 but am undecided. Your answers would help me and I assume the creator of this thread.

Depends on the quality of the advertisement and the area and the timing. Last spring I got about a 1.5 call back and landed about 80% of them. Im doing 10k this year with what I consider better quality design. Who knows what it will bring because it doesnt matter if I like it.

Wecutgrass
02-03-2012, 12:34 AM
i just got another call on my way home, i love when the phone rings and its a number you don't recognize i get so excited. i am also doing 10,000 this year

phillie
02-03-2012, 02:10 AM
I guess technically I will be doing 12500 or so. I have 2500 from last year that I am putting out there from last year in hopes of some preseason bites.

lawnlandscape
02-05-2012, 12:16 PM
http://www.plan-itgraphics.com/

DO NOT USE PLAN ITGRAPHICS!!! omg.. I can not stress this enough!

2 years ago he kepted $1,500 of mine and did not mail out the door hangers. FOR 3 MONTHS I tried to get a hold of him. Never returned my calls.

I ended up searching online and located his father (I thought it was him at first-if I remember right, they have the same name) and told his father that his son stole my money many months ago and told his father I was going to start legal action if my money was not returned. After 4 months, the money showed up in my account again.

NEVER USE THIS GUY.

osmann_lawn
02-05-2012, 01:23 PM
The only negative thing i have to say about him is how slow the shipping takes. Sometimes it takes 3 weeks or so before i get my product. I go with the 4x6 postcards so i don't have to get a mailing permit. I buy postcard stamps .28 a piece. I have no sent any out yet i am waiting until the end of Feb. I never trust the advertising companies fully. I have had some bad experiences in the past and lost some money. Other than the slow shipping all of his designs have been great!

TheBetterDoorhanger
02-12-2012, 10:07 PM
We'd really love it if you gave us a try!

TheBetterDoorhanger
02-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Hi guys!

Please consider Adeas for your door hanger needs!
We love working with folks in the lawn care industry & specialize in door hangers. Here is a link to our door hanger page. Please check out the amazing benefits of our Band-It & Stick-It products & also our great specials.
www.AdeasPrinting.com/Door-Hangers

CHECK OUT OUR GALLERY FOR LAWN & LANDSCAPING BACKGROUNDS, EMAIL ME YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION AND I’LL SEND YOU A COMPLETE LIBRARY OF OUR LAWN & LANDSCAPING BACKGROUNDS!

Request A sample packet so you can try our products out and see the quality for yourself…

Call us!!!

Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing
Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products
www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 200
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211
Edit/Delete Message

cpllawncare
02-12-2012, 10:29 PM
I guess technically I will be doing 12500 or so. I have 2500 from last year that I am putting out there from last year in hopes of some preseason bites.

How are you getting that many out? It would take one person forever to get that many out!

phillie
02-13-2012, 01:45 AM
How are you getting that many out? It would take one person forever to get that many out!

Im walking them.. Knocking on doors while Im doing it. Plan is to have them all out by May. Then in may maybe some more emphasizing grub control. I agree its a lot but I will use all of them eventually. I only leave them on the doors I dont get an answer to or people that need time to think about it. The plan is to do production 4 hrs a day when able and door hanging for 4-6 hrs a day. Obviously, I live and breathe my business. haha