PDA

View Full Version : What "Quickbboks" is better?

POWER STROKE
01-18-2012, 09:49 PM
I was wondering what quickbooks pro you guys think is better, or Another program you think is better?

Quickbooks Pro 2010

Quickbooks Pro 2011

Quickbooks Pro 2012

Thanks in advance for any help or input

Daily Lawn/Landscape
01-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Quickbooks online. Been using it for 3 yrs now. Always have the most up to date.

James

Johnny test
01-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Better get the newest version. After a few years they will shut down certain functions in the software and force you to pay for a upgrade to fix your problem. Unfortunately, they don't say that on the box.

cpllawncare
01-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Get the online version! latest version and no worries about losing your info because your puter crashed.

Wecutgrass
01-19-2012, 12:21 AM
i just got quickbooks for mac 2012 a month ago and its awesome, i would suggest the 2012, when you buy it you get 30 days free trail with a quickbooks help line and they can answer anything about the program literally anything. If you do not call back and cancel with in 30 days tho they charge your account 20 bucks. So what i did was use the program for a week or so and write down all the questions i had, called quickbooks and activated my free trail, asked them all the questions i had written down and then at the end of the call i told them i would like to cancel the service now. i did that just to make sure that i would not forgot about canceling and be charged the 20 dollars for something i didn't need

gusbuster
01-19-2012, 12:23 AM
Then you forget your password......oh wait i have it written down.......now my cleaning lady has one of your passwords.....

Thats the reason I run on my own computer...

Also another reason, I don't trust any info that is out in the open. Anything that is connected to a network is out in the open. My computer that I run my qb software is on a stand alone computer. No internet, workgroup ect... connection.

Back up, that is simple enough since you can automatically set it to back up to a portable hard drive, thumb exct.... Then put in my underground safe. Water and fire proof.

Go with the newest version possible.

POWER STROKE
01-19-2012, 12:39 AM
Thanks every one for your help and input, I'm gonna have to look into the 2012 version now.

Wecutgrass
01-19-2012, 12:45 AM
it is cheapest on ebay at 150 and in best buy its around 250 and its 230 at office depot.

Pennington Lawncare
01-19-2012, 01:03 AM
Stay the hell away from Quickbooks. I'd try the Peachtree Accounting software instead. I bought Quickbooks back in 2009 and in my humble opinion it is the least user friendly software I have ever used. I have heard good things about the Peachtree version and it has also recently been on sale for a lot less than Quickbooks. If you do insist on getting Quickbooks the latest year would be the best year to get since it's like buying a car. The older it is the less features and less value.

JB1
01-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Stay the hell away from Quickbooks. I'd try the Peachtree Accounting software instead. I bought Quickbooks back in 2009 and in my humble opinion it is the least user friendly software I have ever used. I have heard good things about the Peachtree version and it has also recently been on sale for a lot less than Quickbooks. If you do insist on getting Quickbooks the latest year would be the best year to get since it's like buying a car. The older it is the less features and less value.

amazing, I thought the same thing about peachtree.

jvanvliet
01-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Latest version of Quickbook-Pro if you plan to do on line banking; Quicken is easier and more user friendly if you are running a smaller operation.

You'll want to get someone familier with Quickbook-Pro to do the initial setup for you. I found the instructions convoluted and difficult to understand.

I'd like to give Peachtree a try but we've been running Quickbooks for 7 years now and the data transfer scares me to death.

Richard Martin
01-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Latest version of Quickbook-Pro if you plan to do on line banking; Quicken is easier and more user friendly if you are running a smaller operation.

I was going to mention Quicken Home and Business also. It's a lot easier to use than some of the offerings from Quickbook and Peachtree.