PDA

View Full Version : still not ,been paid for services

bobo316
01-19-2012, 03:42 PM
i have commercial property that is always behind.ive got properties from august that i havent been paid yet.! does anyone charge late fees? I would like to be more business like, and come up with a proper form to send them instead of contract labor forms.is 15% too much after 30 days?

nortonlawncare
01-19-2012, 05:07 PM
at the bottom of my invoices it states that any payment over 30 days is subjuct to a 15% charge, i generally never have a late payment, but before i had it on there i was always tracking people down..

Chilehead
01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
i have commercial property that is always behind.ive got properties from august that i havent been paid yet.! does anyone charge late fees? I would like to be more business like, and come up with a proper form to send them instead of contract labor forms.is 15% too much after 30 days?

August?:confused: Really?:rolleyes: TAKE 'EM TO COURT!!!!!!

Patriot Services
01-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Are you still performing services? Please tell me you have a contract on this job. Have a lawyer draft a demand for payment letter. How much are we talking about?:usflag:

B-2 Lawncare
01-19-2012, 05:34 PM
I have found that emailing works better than hand delivering.

bobo316
01-20-2012, 11:03 AM
its around $370, my business tactics needes a overhaul

bobo316
01-20-2012, 11:06 AM
at the bottom of my invoices it states that any payment over 30 days is subjuct to a 15% charge, i generally never have a late payment, but before i had it on there i was always tracking people down..

its their contract labor forms i have to fill out,do i need to bill them differently?i know handwriting that on the bottom of form doesnt look very business like.what does your invoice look like?

Jimslawncareservice
01-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Payment schedule, late fees, service suspension, ect.... All should have been put in a contract and signed by both parties involved before any work was performed. Now its slow, over haul your contracts and business sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

sea ox
01-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Wow you let that go way too long. At the end of the year I still had a few people owe me money for cleanups and mowing in October and November. I made a simple collection letter based on one I found online. I sent them as a certified letter and received all my payments within 2 weeks. Worth the $15 in postage and now I don't have to think about it anymore.

Danscapes
01-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Better check with your states laws pertaining to this subject as well. It is illegal to just pull a number out of the air and charge them a late fee.

ffemt1271
01-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Here you can only charge 18% per year or 1.5% per month late fee, but you can add collection fees and court costs.
Posted via Mobile Device

bobo316
01-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Better check with your states laws pertaining to this subject as well. It is illegal to just pull a number out of the air and charge them a late fee.

thanks,they usually pay late every year .but this is getting bad

bobo316
01-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Are you still performing services? Please tell me you have a contract on this job. Have a lawyer draft a demand for payment letter. How much are we talking about?:usflag:

yes i do have a contract,this year i need to fill out some kind of form to send them along with the new contract.

OrangeToys
02-08-2012, 05:19 PM

Where would you find this? I don't even know how to search for it.

Patriot Services
02-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Try your states business website. They are usually good sources of everything from licensing to consumer laws.
Posted via Mobile Device