PDA

View Full Version : Gov't Work? How to get it?

meets1
01-19-2012, 06:53 PM
I seen an article a while back in a mag, or trade journal about gov't work. My questions is where can I look to be part of a bid or see what bids are out there within my area.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-19-2012, 07:03 PM
All state & fed contracts are, by law open for bidding. They must post jobs and bidding requirements in a place viewable to the public - i.e. news paper, bulletin board, etc. Your state should have a website that lists bid opportunities, now you just gotta find out where, etc...

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-19-2012, 07:07 PM
A quick google search came up with this:
http://bidopportunities.iowa.gov/index.php?pgname=viewall

AzLawnMan
01-19-2012, 07:25 PM
I seen an article a while back in a mag, or trade journal about gov't work. My questions is where can I look to be part of a bid or see what bids are out there within my area.

Its been sometime since I have posted but this caught my eye. I have a buddy that does alot of state work and its a main income for him, WHEN HE GETS PAID!. In these Govt contracts it usually states something in the words of "we can pay you when we want, and if you quit we can sue you and hire a new contractor and you have to pay his fees." Not exact words but pretty similiar. He does fairly good but I do know for a fact he has not been paid for a good part of a year.

ALLPro Landscaping
01-23-2012, 09:05 PM
As stated above government web sites news paper, however most government work you need to be bonded

Bunton Guy
01-24-2012, 06:45 AM
Gov. work is a PITA. That's why there isn't a lot of competition in our type of work. Usually the same companies getting all the work. The insurance requirements are above anything I have ever seen.